Version 4.2.5 upgrade failed, need help recovering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BitPlacebo

Sep 7, 2009
Cyanogenmod version 4.2.3 then 4.2.4 were running great on my G1 for a couple of weeks. Recently, I noticed the Cyanogenmod Updater saying the 4.2.5 stable was available. I went ahead downloaded it, did a Nandroid backup and then flashed it. However, on reboot, the Android splash screen kept freezing then trying the reboot. I could not get past this screen. I tried reflashing a couple of times with the same frozen results.

I did a factory reset. I can fully reboot, but now it appears I have regressed back to Kernel version 2.6.29. I also, don't think I have root anymore since I tried to sudo on terminal and it told me I don't have permission. What happened?

When I go to recovery mode, (pwr + home) I get a triangle with an exclamation point. I get the "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" I only have four options: reboot system, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition.

I'm guessing that Apps to SD is not working because I might have some vanilla recovery image taking over that is not Cyanogenmod so it does not see the cache on the SDCard partition that I have.

I also noticed that I can get the "Fastboot" screen if I do the Pwr + Camera btn. I've seen posts that I should be able to get everything back that way, using but I haven't found a step-by-step on how to use if for noobs.

Can anyone suggest how I can get back everything? I still have all my data including backup files and apps on the sdcard.

Thank you.

Last edited:

^tyrant^

May 18, 2009
try posting this in the 4.2.5 thread and not starting a new thread just for your problem.

Rekna

Jan 3, 2009
Not only did you fail to flash your phone correctly but you also failed to post on the correct forum!

jay652

May 6, 2009
Washington, DC
Currently, the CyanogenMod thread has over 5,000 replies. Could you imagine how cluttered this forum would be if everyone was as inconsiderate and selfish as you, and felt the need to open a new thread whenever an issue with CyanogenMod occurred?

Status
Not open for further replies.