flex360

Sep 22, 2010
flashing now :D
so excited hehehe

thanks again for the base of all our roms viper

celticking

Jun 23, 2012
Los Angeles
Seems like it was a bad download. How can I get the new download on the phone? I assume I can't boot back into cm10 because i used flash image gui to flash the new boot image. Thanks in advance!

Vincent Law

Jun 7, 2010
WARNING: The "Androidfilehost" version of the ODEX ROM does NOT match the md5 hash that Viper posted in the thread!

I believe it may have been a failed upload, recommend people use devhost to download that particular ROM!

Edit: Via viper, no longer relevant.

Last edited:

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
WARNING: The "Androidfilehost" version of the ODEX ROM does NOT match the md5 hash that Viper posted in the thread!

I believe it may have been a failed upload, recommend people use devhost to download that particular ROM!

I fixed all the uploads on both versions. md5's should be good, new versions wipe cache and dalvik on flash and the deodex'd version said deodex when flashing now :)

nemoid

Dec 30, 2008
914.ny
anyone getting a boot loop?

mine starts up, tells me wiper app crashes, then after a few seconds it restarts...

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Nah I'm S-OFF. It's Android that forces the reboot. It fully boots... I can get into my apps and start doing stuff, then it just restarts.

I'm trying another flash. I hope I don't have to do a full wipe... I didn't back up :eek:

Well that's probably your issue, you didn't full wipe. You're going from ICS to JB, different apps with the same databases in /data? You're asking for a problem there...

barleysoda

Jul 1, 2010
NorCal
Well that's probably your issue, you didn't full wipe. You're going from ICS to JB, different apps with the same databases in /data? You're asking for a problem there...

NO DOUBT!! I cant believe anyone would flash from one OS to another without a full wipe:confused: Should be full wiping between different ROMS for that matter.

Come on people you can sit on the toilet and take a crap but its bound to get messy if you dont pull your pants down first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is what we've all been waiting for, people! This is a flashable ROM of Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) for the EVO 4G LTE based off of the (unreleased) 3.15.651.16 RUU. Here is what I've done to the build...

• SuperSU v0.99
    • unsecured boot.img (allows system remount as rw)
    • enabled debugging
    • added init.d support
    • added busybox
    • fixed Wiper FC
    • fixed proximity sensor - via init.d script
    • enabled alogcat to read logs - via init.d script
    • DEODEX ONLY - Fixed camcorder FC

It's all stock otherwise! This utilizes the S-ON Installer by xHausx and will flash the kernel if you are S-ON! If you are having issue with booting, please read the FAQ in the 2nd post.

Requirements
    • Custom Recovery - Recommend TWRP

Update Instructions
    • Download your choice of ROM below
    • Move to phone or sdcard
    • Reboot to recovery
    • MAKE A NANDROID, just in case!
    • A FULL WIPE (including /data) is highly recommended! ROM will wipe /cache and dalvik-cache
    • OPTIONAL: Flash the JB firmware, see second post.
    • Flash and enjoy!

Issues
    • DEODEX ONLY - Gallery FC when selecting Dropbox

DEVS: Please feel free to use this as a base :)

Downloads
    Deodex: Download - Mirror - md5: a1e1b13b22a3b55433a6b1e84ef386c9
    Odex: Download - Mirror - md5: 892549ec27e05d953219ddfa6388d99e

Credits
    • My source for the RUU (you know who you are ;))
    FAQ

Q: What is the difference between Odex and Deodex?
    A: Please read this.

Q: Do I need to flash the new firmware?
    A: Vin has flashed without updating firmware and all seems fine, but you can update if you want from here. You cannot go back, just remember that! Thanks to xHausx for the firmware bits.

Q: My phone won't boot! What can I do?
    A: Try using my boot.img flasher tool to manually flash the boot.img via fastboot. It has been update to flash this kernel, just make sure you download the one labeled "jb"!

Q: Wiper FC's! Now what?
    A: It only does it on first boot, don't worry. It's not a major issue, so for now, it's not going to be fixed.

Q: Camcorder FC's on deodex version, how do I fix it?
    A: New versions of the full ROM have the fix. If you would rather not download the whole ROM, please see this thread.
    Hey Viper, any ideas on the dropbox fc in the gallery? Only issue I have seen so far. :good:

Yes I know the fix.

Also, I have the RUU for JB :D will have a new official base up for you all in a little bit. Got some school work to take care of before that :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Uploaded odex, will have a mirror up in a minute. Deodexed in about 20 or so. Will add some info to the OP shortly as well.

Enjoy :D