Android L source going live in AOSP

Search This thread

kop316

Nov 9, 2013
github.com
GPL?

Serious question,

Aren't they violating the GPL by not posting the kernel source yet?

Or is the assumption that they are releasing it soon so all is well?

psycho693

Mar 4, 2011
Tillsonburg
Its about time really. I had just read this and thought oh the conversations on Xda right now lol but no not much at all

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
You lucky you got this. Remember honeycomb, the source wasn't released till after ice cream sandwich was released.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
I really peeved at Google right now, and I REALLY hope that this is nowhere near final code. Google disabled translucency for the N10 AGAIN. Either Google somehow doesn't even own their own product and are building blind, or they're just incompetent. There was no performance loss at all on 4.4, yet the disabled it because it "performed poorly." Same with ART, but I don't think Google can get away with that on L(unless they're like "screw you manta, no default runtime for you")....Sorry, I'm in rant mode right now. :silly:

Reactions: Matthileo

akash3656

May 3, 2010
I really peeved at Google right now, and I REALLY hope that this is nowhere near final code. Google disabled translucency for the N10 AGAIN. Either Google somehow doesn't even own their own product and are building blind, or they're just incompetent. There was no performance loss at all on 4.4, yet the disabled it because it "performed poorly." Same with ART, but I don't think Google can get away with that on L(unless they're like "screw you manta, no default runtime for you")....Sorry, I'm in rant mode right now. :silly:
The nexus 10 is such an ill treated device by Google that even in the I/O keynote when they used the nexus 10, it was running 4.3 looool

And Google even used a Samsung tablet for some parts of the demo in the keynote.

Reactions: Matthileo

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404284737041.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404284737041.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 844

CdTDroiD

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 1, 2011
Auckland
Oh yeah it is! haha

EDIT: Partial source only atm

Attachments

• andoidL.jpg
    andoidL.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:

Damian2013

Jul 31, 2013
They old gave a partial ROM. So you only get partial source. Also the kernel source was released.

Uh right now that is the full ROM so I don't get how it's only partial. Did you expect the full release of L to be out? Makes no sense.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
No i mean partial because it's just a preview build. They only have to released source code for what they have put out. The preview build is broken and has all sorts of stuff missing. Its not a full complete build.

Reactions: mohammed510

ACastanza

May 21, 2011
Seattle
No i mean partial because it's just a preview build. They only have to released source code for what they have put out. The preview build is broken and has all sorts of stuff missing. Its not a full complete build.

They only released source for GPLed code changes and only those that were in the L preview build, everything else was filled in with a recent snapshot from the Main branch. I don't think that building this source branch would even allow you to recapitulate the "full" L preview build on either of the supported devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The nexus 10 is such an ill treated device by Google that even in the I/O keynote when they used the nexus 10, it was running 4.3 looool

And Google even used a Samsung tablet for some parts of the demo in the keynote.