[Q] Nexus 5 Bootloop issue (PLEASE HELP!!)

Search This thread

joshyk99

Jul 7, 2014
I have a nexus 5 16gb model with an unlocked boot loader but I am NOT rooted. I was happily using it when I put it to sleep and the next time I went to use it it would not turn on. I plugged it in and put it on charge where all it does is boot loops. When it isn't plugged in it is useless. I can't access recovery because when I do it turns off again and starts to reboot. It is in a 3 second or so boot loop no matter what I do. I have a lot of files on there I need and I don't know what to do. The only thing I could think of doing was use the WugFresh nexus root toolkit and the flash stock when boot looping option but it wouldn't work because it couldn't find my devices fast boot ADB thing :/ My friend unlocked my bootlader and rooted for me but I unrooted because I didn't like it. I really need help even If i can just somehow lock the bootlader so my warranty isn't voided . Please anyone that knows anything about this give me any advice!

Last edited:

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
You should be able to get into fastboot, flash a custom recovery, and then go into that custom recovery and use adb to pull the SD card files.

Ask this question also in the nexus 5 q and a section for more help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app