SGH-T959P Roms

Search This thread

Maxlaplante

Aug 2, 2011
Hey guys!

Anyone know if there is some roms/kernels for our SGH-T959P yet and if so, where I can find them?! Seems that there is no love for you model

Max

Maxlaplante

Aug 2, 2011
Yes it is the telus fascinate 4G from Canada.. You can help me?

Thanks,
Max

Sent from my SGH-T959P using XDA App

Japots

Jan 8, 2011
I'm on a T959D (Fascinate 3G+), so unfortunately I can't help you. I'd just like to point out that there's no custom rom specific for our device as well (T959D). We instead use i9000 roms. There are some kernels specific for our device, but the i9000-ones work just as well (after a button fix)

I'd suggest trying out an i9000 rom, but since I'm not aware of the existence of stock rom/kernel files for the 4G phone, I'm not sure how safe it is :(

Maxlaplante

Aug 2, 2011
Yeah.. Im scared to bricked the phone so i will just wait till a rom come out for my specific phone. Thanks for the reply.

Max

Sent from my SGH-T959P using XDA App

msheikh25

Jun 11, 2011
Still waiting on a Rom or instructions on how to use another models ROM without bricking for our t959p also. I've had the phone about a month and it was fine at first, but now touchwiz is starting to get a little laggy :(

Japots

Jan 8, 2011
Still waiting on a Rom or instructions on how to use another models ROM without bricking for our t959p also. I've had the phone about a month and it was fine at first, but now touchwiz is starting to get a little laggy :(

switch to launcher pro (free)
you can change the dock icons to touchwiz ones if you like the color. my only gripe with it is that the dock buttons are tiny compared to touchwiz. but the interface is overall faster and less-choppy than touchwiz 3.0

Last edited:
Reactions: msheikh25

msheikh25

Jun 11, 2011
switch to launcher pro (free)
you can change the dock icons to touchwiz ones if you like the color. my only gripe with it is that the dock buttons are tiny compared to touchwiz. but the interface is overall faster and less-choppy than touchwiz 3.0

Thanks! Just tried launcher pro and it seems really good. Previously I had tried ADW launcher but that one was even more choppy than Touchwiz so i reverted back to it. But launcher pro seems like it has all the customizations of ADW and works nice and smoothly.

vcmerritt

Sep 17, 2011
Unbrick and Flash T-Mobile Galaxy S 4G firmware to T959P with Voodoo

Well, I bricked my T959P on Friday and by this morning I had it converted to a T-Mobile T959V Galaxy S 4G. Everything works too...wifi, GPS. Only real issue is it only gives me 3G in canada .... I am assuming because of a frequency difference or something in the modem firmware.

PM me if someone would like the rar file containing the instructions and all flash files. I am hoping someone posts the stock Telus kernel so I can experiment more with taking the phone back but I could not get root on my Telus Kernel so didn't have a proper backup of all files. Hopefully someone will post them but in the mean time I am enjoying a Telus T959P Fascinate 4G with T-Mobile Rooted firmware on it.

---------- Post added 20th September 2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 19th September 2011 at 11:40 PM ----------

I just did the unlock of the Telus T959P after recovering it from a brick using the nvram backup technique and then copied the backup to my computer. The code is in clear text on the T959P as well :) I am now at T-Mobile 2.3.4 KH2 with Voodoo and have a fully unlocked Telus T959P. Not a bad end result to some hard days.

msheikh25

Jun 11, 2011
Well, I bricked my T959P on Friday and by this morning I had it converted to a T-Mobile T959V Galaxy S 4G. Everything works too...wifi, GPS. Only real issue is it only gives me 3G in canada .... I am assuming because of a frequency difference or something in the modem firmware.

PM me if someone would like the rar file containing the instructions and all flash files. I am hoping someone posts the stock Telus kernel so I can experiment more with taking the phone back but I could not get root on my Telus Kernel so didn't have a proper backup of all files. Hopefully someone will post them but in the mean time I am enjoying a Telus T959P Fascinate 4G with T-Mobile Rooted firmware on it.

---------- Post added 20th September 2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 19th September 2011 at 11:40 PM ----------

I just did the unlock of the Telus T959P after recovering it from a brick using the nvram backup technique and then copied the backup to my computer. The code is in clear text on the T959P as well :) I am now at T-Mobile 2.3.4 KH2 with Voodoo and have a fully unlocked Telus T959P. Not a bad end result to some hard days.

So you are still on Telus in canada but now only getting 3g on it vs 4g like you were before you convereted it to Tmobile? How do you verify that, just by the speeds you are getting or are you not seeing one of the 850 or 1900 bands anymore? I don't think the phone actually shows "4G" in the status bar as far as I know. But I'm actually using the phone on ATT in the US (which uses the same bands as Telus) so maybe thats why I never see "4g". But I've gotten speeds as high as 7mb download which is about as fast as my wife's ATT branded HTC Inspire 4g gets.

Can you post the instructions and files for how you converted here so others can play around with it too? Hopefully this can be a good start to getting roms working on this phone. The Tmobile version is already more widely supported so what you did is a good way to get around it.

Last edited:

vcmerritt

Sep 17, 2011
Still on Telus network with T959P on T-Mobile Firmware

Yep, still on the telus network. Maybe the Tmobile bin just doesn't show the 4G like the old Telus bin did because I am getting download speeds between 4 and 7Mbs.

In the end it was pretty easy (if I take away two days of seeing the phone go from bricked to partially booting). Here are the steps I followed, and I have repeated these to verify that they work as well. I still haven't found any issues with the phone except that it isn't recognized in Kies with the Tmobile software

Download the following files in the Tmobile section at Samfirmware.com:
T959VUVKH2_TMB.zip

T959VUVFK1.zip

This file can be found elsewhere. I had originally posted links but I am a new user so not allowed.

stock+Voodoo-T959VKH2.tar

Hawk_Sidekick_VibrantPlus_831.pit -- Can be found in the T959VUVFK1.zip file

Once you have downloaded the files above:
1) Extract the files with 7zip.
2) In the extracted files for T959VUVKH2. Find the CODE_T959VUVKF1_CL270364_REV00_user_low_noship.tar.mdf
3) Extract cache.rfs, factoryfs.rfs, modem.bin and zimage to a folder on your computer.
4) Now extract the T959VUVFK1.zip so that you can extract the file called CODE_T959VUVKF1_CL270364_REV00_user_low_noship.tar.md5 All we want out of this tar file is data.rfs which should be placed in the same folder as the files in step 3.
5) Now use Windows Tar to execute the following command line from the command line while you are in the same directory as the files you have extracted in steps 3 and 4 above:

tar -c cache.rfs data.rfs factoryfs.rfs modem.bin zimage > T959P Flash.tar

Flash the new file with ODIN
This should have created a new file called T959P Flash.tar. Simply flash this T959P Flash.tar file in Odin and your Telus phone will boot to TMobile 4G firmware. Make sure you put the T959P Flash.tar file in the PDA box in ODIN to flash it. Also make sure the Hawk_Sidekick_VibrantPlus_831.pit file is in the PIT box and the REPARTITION Checkbox is on.

Rooting your new TMobile firmware on the Telus T959P
Once this is done flash the stock+Voodoo-T959VKH2.tar file which will root, add voodoo and CWM the newly flashed device. Again just put the file in the PDA Box and flash it. FLASH this with NO PIT and REPARTITION NOT SELECTED.

Unlocking the Device
The last step is to use dd to backup the NVData, open it with a hex and use the search technique talked about on the forums to find the unlock code which works perfect as well.

Hopefully this helps someone else. There seem to be a lot of people like me who erronously flashed the regular Telus T959D firmware by accident or the Vibrant software which pretty much kills the T959P and bricks your device. This will get people back to a usable state and GPS, WIFI, 3G/4G and everything else seem to work....except the Kies connection which I sure will get figured out eventually. Maybe just a matter of exporting the device db entries out of a valid system so that kies will see it as a valid phone. Not quite there yet.

One last note. You apparently cannot completely brick the T959P in the sense that even when it is black the EEPROM will still boot to download mode. Just hold Power + the Volume UP Down button for 10 seconds, then let go of the power button and keep holding the volume up/down. If you have odin open you will eventually see it recognize the com port. May take a couple of tries but this made it easier for me to continue to flash it knowing that I could always flash another bin :)

So you are still on Telus in canada but now only getting 3g on it vs 4g like you were before you convereted it to Tmobile? How do you verify that, just by the speeds you are getting or are you not seeing one of the 850 or 1900 bands anymore? I don't think the phone actually shows "4G" in the status bar as far as I know. But I'm actually using the phone on ATT in the US (which uses the same bands as Telus) so maybe thats why I never see "4g". But I've gotten speeds as high as 7mb download which is about as fast as my wive's ATT branded HTC Inspire 4g gets.

Can you post the instructions and files for how you converted here so others can play around with it too? Hopefully this can be a good start to getting roms working on this phone. The Tmobile version is already more widely supported so what you did is a good way to get around it.

Last edited:

vcmerritt

Sep 17, 2011
Uploaded T-Mobile Rom for Telus T959

I have uploaded the files I used to convert my bricked Telus T959P to a Tmobile Galaxy S 4G. Instructions are provided earlier in the thread on how the files that are used were created. This is the rar with the exact end files that are flashed to my Telus phone. Just follow the instructions that came with the rar to upload and root the Tmobile software on your Telus phone.

I am not allowed to post links yet so PM me if anyone wants the mediafire link to the tried and tested Tmobile for Telus T959P files.

msheikh25

Jun 11, 2011
Yep, still on the telus network. Maybe the Tmobile bin just doesn't show the 4G like the old Telus bin did because I am getting download speeds between 4 and 7Mbs. ...

Thanks for posting the instructions! Sent you a PM to get the link to download files...although I'm not sure if I'm going to try this just yet. I want to try to get instructions and files for how to get it back to stock, Telus ROM before I probably do try these out. Do you happen to have those also?

My unlocked T959p on ATT only has network options of GSM or WCDMA (or both). And the icon in the notification area has never said 4g...always on 3g. But I also get speeds which ATT would claim to be 4g (upto 7Mbps). So you are probalby good.

As far as Kies goes, I've never used it but isn't it just used for software upgrades for your phone? And now that you have a different ROM on it, you will probably never need to use it right, just use updates from whoever manages the Voodoo ROM? So should be good there also.

vcmerritt

Sep 17, 2011
Yeah, I punched my Telus sim that came with the T959P and put it in my Iphone 4. The speeds in the Iphone 4 seem way slower than with the same SIM in the Galaxy S 4 G (T959P) with the TMobile Galaxy S 4G firmware on it. I put it back into the whole I punched it out of and slid it back into the Galaxy S after testing on the Iphone to make sure the tests were done back to back and the Galaxy S 4G is consistently faster with the same SIM and 3G displayed in the menu bar.

I don't have original Telus Bin files so I can't go back and compare the Tmobile firmware speeds with the Telus T959P firmware speeds. Hopefully someone who has a rooted T959P on Stock Telus firmware will post a link to the stock firmware files so I can test this too.

rryanosman

Aug 26, 2008
So as a t959p owner who lives in Canada, is this a good idea for me? I guess not if it actually slows the data down... Can someone clarify this, I'm finding the comments a bit confusing here.? (and silly question... Any bt issues?) Interesting to note, I bought a tmobile sim card for my stock (2.3.4) unit while in the US for a couple weeks, and my data speed is about fifteen kbytes/second. Yes you read right. Customer support obviously is useless on that. So while modding it into a TMo sgs4g would quite likely get me back to multi MB/s for the rest of my trip, what would my data speed be when I get back to Alberta and put my Telus Sim back in? Maybe some experimenting would isolate the file that triggers this, and one could swap in the appropriate version when on each network.

And serious thanks for experimenting with this... This may finally get us people who bought T959Ps not realizing what a lonely device it is, back into the main modding scene. Exciting... maybe I'll stop wishing I'd bought an iPhone yet.

Also, I'll mention here again that I have a stock Telus T959P 2.3.3 firmware set that has been used to resurrect a handful of handsets (including mine) if anyone needs it. (pm me.)

Last edited:

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
Pooched T959P Saved

So as a t959p owner who lives in Canada, is this a good idea for me? I guess not if it actually slows the data down... Can someone clarify this, I'm finding the comments a bit confusing here.? (and silly question... Any bt issues?) Interesting to note, I bought a tmobile sim card for my stock (2.3.4) unit while in the US for a couple weeks, and my data speed is about fifteen kbytes/second. Yes you read right. Customer support obviously is useless on that. So while modding it into a TMo sgs4g would quite likely get me back to multi MB/s for the rest of my trip, what would my data speed be when I get back to Alberta and put my Telus Sim back in? Maybe some experimenting would isolate the file that triggers this, and one could swap in the appropriate version when on each network.

And serious thanks for experimenting with this... This may finally get us people who bought T959Ps not realizing what a lonely device it is, back into the main modding scene. Exciting... maybe I'll stop wishing I'd bought an iPhone yet.

Also, I'll mention here again that I have a stock Telus T959P 2.3.3 firmware set that has been used to resurrect a handful of handsets (including mine) if anyone needs it. (pm me.)

READ Thoroughly before you start, pay special attention to the last paragraph!!! I am not responsible if this goes wrong but if you are here, not sure what other options you have.......
This for anyone who has flashed the wrong software on their T959P:
NOTE: You NEED to use the PIT file for each flash.......
NOTE NOTE: NEVER FLASH WITH ANY OF THE THE CHECKBOXES ON, THEY NEED TO BE BLANK READ BELOW THE STEPS!!!!!
1. Get the factory firmware, I have a copy as does rryanosman who sent it to me
2. If you don't have it get ODIN
3. Extract the .rar I recommend 7zip
4. Start Odin, put phone in download mode right after connecting
5. Put factory.tar in PDA slot, Flash the factory tar, wait for Odin to pass, power down phone while still connected
6. Disconnect, take out battery, reset Odin.
7. Back to download mode after plugging in the phone.
8. Put the zimage.tar file in the PDA slot, Flash the zimage.tar file, wait for Odin to pass, power down phone while still connected.
9. Disconnect, take out battery, reset Odin.
10. Back to download mode after plugging in the phone.
11. Put the paramalfs.tar in the PDA slot, Flash the paramalfs.tar file, wait for Odin to pass, power down phone while still connected.
12. Disconnect, take out battery, reset Odin.
13. Back to download mode after plugging in the phone.
14. Put the boot.bin file in the phone slot and flash, wait for Odin to pass, power down phone while still connected.
15. Disconnect, take out battery, reset Odin.
16. Back to download mode after plugging in the phone.
17. Put the sbl.bin file in the phone slot, and flash, wait for Odin to pass, power down phone while still connected.
18. Disconnect, take out battery, reset Odin.
19. Back to download mode after plugging in the phone.
18. Put the modem.bin in the phone slot, and flash, wait for Odin to pass, power down phone while still connected.
19. Disconnect, take out battery.
20. Put battery back in power up phone, you should have a running phone with 2.2.1 foyo
OPTIONAL: Update with Kies to 2.3.4 Gingerbread.

If you do ANY flash with the checkboxes on, especially the repartition, be prepared to break into a cold sweat, your phone will only show a white screen, no download mode, no recovery just WHITE!!!
The good news is if you hold volume up and power, while watching Odin it will still recognize the phone (com will be yellow) the phone will only have the white screen. From here you need to start from step 1 again, make sure you clear the checkboxs!!!! I personally did this 3 times before I brought my phone back to life!!!

Again special thanks to rryanosman without his help I'd have a $500 paperweight.

Link to files:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=78ZUOM2T

Last edited:
Reactions: Rabid_Gypsy
Sep 24, 2011
Technically if you're unticking repartition you're not even using the .pit file.

The intermediate steps (ie, disconnecting, removing the battery and restarting odin) are a bit unnecessary but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to be extra cautious.

Gage_Hero

Jul 22, 2010
White screen of Death

Technically if you're unticking repartition you're not even using the .pit file.

The intermediate steps (ie, disconnecting, removing the battery and restarting odin) are a bit unnecessary but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to be extra cautious.

I was watching as Odin started processing, it read the pit file each time I flashed a file. I actually tried to flash without disconnecting and nothing happened, Odin reported 0 success/0 failed, that is why I did the intermediate steps (at least in the state my phone was in). Also at the end of the first time I tried, I was flashing the modem.bin and forgot to untick the repartition, which gave me a nice white screen, I had to reboot with volume up and power to get to the download screen (couldn't actually see it because the screen was still white) I only knew I was in download because Odin recognized the phone.

Sep 24, 2011
I was watching as Odin started processing, it read the pit file each time I flashed a file. I actually tried to flash without disconnecting and nothing happened, Odin reported 0 success/0 failed, that is why I did the intermediate steps (at least in the state my phone was in). Also at the end of the first time I tried, I was flashing the modem.bin and forgot to untick the repartition, which gave me a nice white screen, I had to reboot with volume up and power to get to the download screen (couldn't actually see it because the screen was still white) I only knew I was in download because Odin recognized the phone.

It reads the .pit file but it doesn't write it. Since the correct partition table is (presumably) right on your phone already (otherwise it wouldn't boot and you'd have to repartition anyway) it essentially does nothing. I've successfully flashed back to 2.2 Froyo from 2.3.4 Gingerbread without the .pit file.
A little bit more about the .pit file: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=878104

It's generally just a good idea not to use the .pit file unless you've used a custom ROM that has overwritten the phone's original 512 setup. It's harmless if repartition is unchecked, but you don't need the file anyway. Re-partitioning overwrites the bootloaders, so if something goes wrong during one, it will be harder to recover from than your usual soft brick. Also, the .pit file that comes with the phone is likely faulty (a possible problem with using Rotobackup: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=850359 ) which resulted in the white screen when attempting to repartition.

I guess the intermediate steps are of the optional, YMMV variety. It doesn't hurt to try to boot to download mode and flash again without going through the extra steps and then trying them if it doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Telus T959P Stock + Voodoo Lagfix + CWM + Root

This has taken a lot of time to figure out and get right. I am still working on the Tmobile GPS issue, but most of my focus has gone into this so hopefully everyone likes it. It makes the Telus Stock 2.3.4 very fast :)

Here is the process that this guide will take you through:
    1) Flashing your T959P back to 2.2.1 Stock (This gives a nice fresh starting point)
    2) Bring the phone up to Stock 2.3.4, and do a factory data reset.
    3) Install the SGH-T959P-Stock_plus_Voodoo_CWM_2.3.4.tar to root the stock 2.3.4, and install Voodoo lagfix / ClockworkMod recovery.

* Do NOT CHECK THE BOX for Phone EFS Clear in ODIN or you will have a bad day.

I provide no guarantees, but I have used this process many times now and the it works awesome plus the Voodoo makes the phone rock.
    NOTE: It is very important that you follow the instructions.txt file in the 2.2.1 and 2.3.4 stock rar files provided in the links below. Simply extract the rar and follow the instructions.txt.

INSTRUCTIONS TO RESTORE and ROOT with VOODOO/CWM

1) First make sure you have Odin:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ngbo351j7le599j

2) Download the Factory 2.2.1 T959P files and follow the instructions in the rar file to flash with ODIN.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xc8xp9knn4n59tt

2b) Download and use the Hawk_Sidekick_VibrantPlus_831.pit in the PIT location when flashing 2.2.1 to reset phone partitions to ones that are large enough to handle the 2.3.4 when you flash it later. This step is very important or your phone may not accept the other firmware later on in this guide.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2d2v8nexvn88vw1

3) Download the Factory 2.3.4 T959P files and follow the instructions in the rar file to flash with ODIN.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?s8dqr7q0pb8uwr9

4) Download the SGH-T959P-Stock_plus_Voodoo_CWM_2.3.4v3.tar file and flash it in the PDA in ODIN.

SGH-T959P-Stock_plus_Voodoo_CWM_2.3.4v2.tar
    http://www.mediafire.com/?b1gx8cna3j1u6n9

NOTE: AUTO REBOOT and F. Reset Time should be the only checkboxes selected other than the PDA checkbox where you selected the file in step 4 above.

That is it. Once you flash the file above, your T959P will be rooted and Voodoo will work its magic :)

FINAL Cleanup
    The next steps just make sure you get your little 4G icon back for the indicator on the Telus phone :)

1) On your phone open the dialer app and type *#*#197328640#*#*. Choose [6] COMMON then [6] NV REBUILD, and then [1] NV Rebuild

Thats it, the next time you reboot your phone it will clear the NV RAM and you will see the 4G indicator again :)

GPS FIX or Enhancement

1) On your phone, open the dialer app and type *#*#3214789650#*#*
    2) When the Angry GPS App appears, Select Settings --> General Settings, and change the OPERATION MODE to STANDALONE from MSBASED. Now click the back button on your phone.
    3) Next choose SUPL Settings (If you do not see this, just repeat step 1, and this time after you select SETTINGS, choose SUPL. I have only been changing SERVER FQDN TYPE to AUTO Config.

That's it. This made a big difference in the GPS accuracy for me.

CARRIER UNLOCK
    If you also want to carrier unlock, then follow these instructions for an easy unlock.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kk20pjyhlem6l0a

If you have any problems PM me.

On another note, I am still working on the Tmobile GPS issue as that is the only thing that doesn't function on the TMobile T959V Galaxy S 4G firmware running on the T959P. In the mean time the GPS and everything work perfect using the instructions above :)
    I'm also looking for the files. All the links from page 5 are broken.

Could someone provide fresh links, to the files listed on page 5? Thanks!

I reuploaded vcmerritt's files for you guys. I've never used mediafire before so let me know if you can download all right.

Odin http://www.mediafire.com/?fnrcjzd268h8zuh

Hawk_Sidekick.pit http://www.mediafire.com/?d6lf1ohc67t6tnb

Factory files http://www.mediafire.com/?4xeo32wn9c73psn

Voodoo + CWM http://www.mediafire.com/?ifouywf1zco0j02

Instructions to unlock http://www.mediafire.com/?b0iv1hebhey2q5v
    Links all fixed

All links are fixed to the files. Sorry about that....sticky fingers during an edit.
    :) The thanks is enough, I am glad you guys like it. Just as an FYI to everyone, I have updated the kernel to SGH-T959P-Stock_plus_Voodoo_CWM_2.3.4v2.tar which fixes a recovery issue where the /system volume had to be forcibly dismounted to recover. Works really good now :D

The original link in step 4 of the guide (link below) points to the new file. Simply flash over the old kernel and voila .... recovery should be all fixed up.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1225593&page=5

You need to whip up a 'donate' button so I can buy you a beer!
    Still on Telus network with T959P on T-Mobile Firmware

Yep, still on the telus network. Maybe the Tmobile bin just doesn't show the 4G like the old Telus bin did because I am getting download speeds between 4 and 7Mbs.

In the end it was pretty easy (if I take away two days of seeing the phone go from bricked to partially booting). Here are the steps I followed, and I have repeated these to verify that they work as well. I still haven't found any issues with the phone except that it isn't recognized in Kies with the Tmobile software

Download the following files in the Tmobile section at Samfirmware.com:
    T959VUVKH2_TMB.zip

T959VUVFK1.zip

This file can be found elsewhere. I had originally posted links but I am a new user so not allowed.

stock+Voodoo-T959VKH2.tar

Hawk_Sidekick_VibrantPlus_831.pit -- Can be found in the T959VUVFK1.zip file

Once you have downloaded the files above:
    1) Extract the files with 7zip.
    2) In the extracted files for T959VUVKH2. Find the CODE_T959VUVKF1_CL270364_REV00_user_low_noship.tar.mdf
    3) Extract cache.rfs, factoryfs.rfs, modem.bin and zimage to a folder on your computer.
    4) Now extract the T959VUVFK1.zip so that you can extract the file called CODE_T959VUVKF1_CL270364_REV00_user_low_noship.tar.md5 All we want out of this tar file is data.rfs which should be placed in the same folder as the files in step 3.
    5) Now use Windows Tar to execute the following command line from the command line while you are in the same directory as the files you have extracted in steps 3 and 4 above:

tar -c cache.rfs data.rfs factoryfs.rfs modem.bin zimage > T959P Flash.tar

Flash the new file with ODIN
    This should have created a new file called T959P Flash.tar. Simply flash this T959P Flash.tar file in Odin and your Telus phone will boot to TMobile 4G firmware. Make sure you put the T959P Flash.tar file in the PDA box in ODIN to flash it. Also make sure the Hawk_Sidekick_VibrantPlus_831.pit file is in the PIT box and the REPARTITION Checkbox is on.

Rooting your new TMobile firmware on the Telus T959P
    Once this is done flash the stock+Voodoo-T959VKH2.tar file which will root, add voodoo and CWM the newly flashed device. Again just put the file in the PDA Box and flash it. FLASH this with NO PIT and REPARTITION NOT SELECTED.

Unlocking the Device
    The last step is to use dd to backup the NVData, open it with a hex and use the search technique talked about on the forums to find the unlock code which works perfect as well.

Hopefully this helps someone else. There seem to be a lot of people like me who erronously flashed the regular Telus T959D firmware by accident or the Vibrant software which pretty much kills the T959P and bricks your device. This will get people back to a usable state and GPS, WIFI, 3G/4G and everything else seem to work....except the Kies connection which I sure will get figured out eventually. Maybe just a matter of exporting the device db entries out of a valid system so that kies will see it as a valid phone. Not quite there yet.

One last note. You apparently cannot completely brick the T959P in the sense that even when it is black the EEPROM will still boot to download mode. Just hold Power + the Volume UP Down button for 10 seconds, then let go of the power button and keep holding the volume up/down. If you have odin open you will eventually see it recognize the com port. May take a couple of tries but this made it easier for me to continue to flash it knowing that I could always flash another bin :)

So you are still on Telus in canada but now only getting 3g on it vs 4g like you were before you convereted it to Tmobile? How do you verify that, just by the speeds you are getting or are you not seeing one of the 850 or 1900 bands anymore? I don't think the phone actually shows "4G" in the status bar as far as I know. But I'm actually using the phone on ATT in the US (which uses the same bands as Telus) so maybe thats why I never see "4g". But I've gotten speeds as high as 7mb download which is about as fast as my wive's ATT branded HTC Inspire 4g gets.