Nearing an ICS update? I think so.

Search This thread

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
T-Mobile has had leaked ICS Roms for both HTC devices running Sense 3.0. The Sensation 4G, and Amaze 4G. Most people felt like the Amaze would never get the 3.6 Update. But now they have a leaked RUU, bloat and all. Now that a good number of Sense 3.0 devices have an ICS update. I think it's time for the Doubleshot to get a ICS update. The Gingerbread RUU was leaked before this phone came out. I'm sure Football will manage to get a leaked Rom. We have all the proper specs, and I know we have 1 Million plus ICS Update threads. But with all the new updates, come on. It's about time.

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
I sure hope you're right about this one...
Our phone will literally rocket off for development

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
Ya... But I just don't see any signs that T-Mobile or HTC is going to release a ROM like that for our phone. Hopefully they do tho!

Typed by ---- oh wait! I'm schizophrenic!

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Either way, we've been making stunning progress even without an official update.
Have you checked out the sticky on ICS configuration tree in the dev section?
That's some great progress

I encourage anyone who knows anything dev to pop in and see if they can help. It will make cooking roms much easier and also greatly increase our chances of CM support.

Reactions: michaelmab88

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
And your basis for this assumption?

Sent from my MIUI.us Doubleshot using Tapatalk 2
Undeadk9 was claiming that he knew a "level 3" tech support at T-Mobile who told him there would not be any ICS for MT4GS. I heard all that sort of crap back when I had a Moto Cliq and the MT3GS, some "friend" in "tech support" telling bullsh*t. No doubt there is a friend, but believing that friend has information that nobody else has is very unrealistic.

T-Mobile updated even the ancient original MyTouch from 1.6 all the way to Froyo 2.2. I don't see them completely abandoning this phone, especially since the hardware is so similar to their other models like the Amaze 4G and Sensation 4G. HTC would only need to incorporate the Genius system.

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
... reports of this phone being end of life'd very shortly, you can almost garentee they have no interest in updating this phone to ICS. Watch and see, it happens with almost all their phones.
You just confirmed that you really don't know sh*t. EOL has no bearing on whether a phone receives an update. T-Mobile has updated many phones long after they went EOL in their system. The entire MyTouch lineup, including the original, got updated to Froyo within a few months of each other, LOOOOOOONG after they had all gone EOL.

And what's the crap about no development on this phone? You can't be taken seriously spewing crap like that. Look around, dude. Here and Virtuous are full of dev for this phone.

Reactions: gtmaster303

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
Charleston, SC metro area
Official update or not, we already have a lot of stable ICS roms (primadonna, Inquisition, AOKP, insert whatever you please here). And the few kinks are just a matter of time
[/LIST]

I have to interject here. STABLE ROMs? Are you insane?

I'm sorry but MMS and Bluetooth not working (to name a few of your "kinks") is a pretty f**king big deal. I would never call that stable.

And the closest to stable is DeSensed, which is ridiculous considering imitation widgets are GARBAGE in comparison.

Let's remember: Virtuous sets the standard for "stable". Period. Don't get me wrong, the developer community is great and I have appreciated them very much so over the years. But don't go branding their work to save your argument.

I hope that an official ICS update comes, but I doubt it. With the 3G slide, at least they kept telling everyone that an update was coming and it eventually came. Not the same case here.

Last edited:

Lockdo6307

Jul 7, 2011
Boston
Wow ..... I love xda and all these stable roms. These guys do a hell of a job. Dont let people get ya down we love all the devs here.... Im running premadonna right now and its quite stable

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using xda premium

Reactions: nemesis93

Crkr

Sep 3, 2010
I'm sorry but MMS and Bluetooth not working (to name a few of your "kinks")

Don't know what rom you are talking about MMS and Bluetooth, but Primadonna has MMS, Bluetooth and almost everything else working for me. The main feature it doesn't have is tethering, but Opengarden and Barnacle does the trick on that too...

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
I have to interject here. STABLE ROMs? Are you insane?

I'm sorry but MMS and Bluetooth not working (to name a few of your "kinks") is a pretty f**king big deal. I would never call that stable.

And the closest to stable is DeSensed, which is ridiculous considering imitation widgets are GARBAGE in comparison.

Let's remember: Virtuous sets the standard for "stable". Period. Don't get me wrong, the developer community is great and I have appreciated them very much so over the years. But don't go branding their work to save your argument.

I threw AOKP in the mix by mistake. Either way, you're missing the point. There are stable (DEFINE: something I can use daily, with features I won't miss - obviously that differs from person to person) ICS roms out there. And if something like autobrightness isn't working, and that's what got you in a hunch, then you need to stick to the stock rom. Honestly I could care less about little quibbles like that.
My point is 95% of what you would need, even on a daily basis is working. And for some roms, it's even more than that. That's pretty outstanding considering we don't even have an official kernel or update.

Honestly, this thread has spiraled into a pointless opinion thread.
I refrain from posting any further.
You may think what you wish

Last edited:

sj808

Aug 6, 2007
I keep seeing people on here saying "phones with sense 3.0". I hope yall realize that we don't even have a real version of Sense.. its a Rosie/Doubleshot version. I don't see HTC modifying/myTouching the new version of sense and ICS for the doubleshot.

elister

Dec 31, 2010
Seattle
I hope so. None of the custom ICS ROMs are stable, always several things missing or not working that prevent me from using it long term and those ROMs havent been updated in over a month.

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
Like I've said in several ics threads like this, the mytouch 4g will not receive ics.
Reason being, the mt4g has T-Mobile's sense version(my sense). For the mytouch 4g to be able to receive ics, T-Mobile would have to get rid of their mysense version of sense which they won't do on a T-Mobile specific device or HTC would have to create 2 versions of ics, one compatible with mytouch 4g's mysense and a regular ics for the rest of the devices.
You guys also gotta realize we didn't even receive a sense 3.0 update.

tradeware

Jul 3, 2011
U all keep forgetting that HTC rebranded the phone in canada to the HTC Panache...
So its not only a MYSENSE Tmobile phone :)
so it is possible that other carriers in canada request that ICS gets on this phone :)

thats my 2 cents on this subject :p

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
U all keep forgetting that HTC rebranded the phone in canada to the HTC Panache...
so it is possible that other carriers in canada request that ICS gets on this phone :)

yea i was thinking about that.. maybe the panache version will get the update
i hope so, but honestly i doubt it because i dont think there are many panache users here most would have went with the amaze or galaxy nexus

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali

Exactly, in Canada. If my memory serves me rights, they didn't even receive android 2.3.4.
But lets say he Canadian version of the mytouch receives ics, the US T-Mobile won't. Again same reason, panache=sense/T-Mobile mytouch 4g=mysense.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-Mobile has had leaked ICS Roms for both HTC devices running Sense 3.0. The Sensation 4G, and Amaze 4G. Most people felt like the Amaze would never get the 3.6 Update. But now they have a leaked RUU, bloat and all. Now that a good number of Sense 3.0 devices have an ICS update. I think it's time for the Doubleshot to get a ICS update. The Gingerbread RUU was leaked before this phone came out. I'm sure Football will manage to get a leaked Rom. We have all the proper specs, and I know we have 1 Million plus ICS Update threads. But with all the new updates, come on. It's about time.
    Either way, we've been making stunning progress even without an official update.
    Have you checked out the sticky on ICS configuration tree in the dev section?
    That's some great progress

I encourage anyone who knows anything dev to pop in and see if they can help. It will make cooking roms much easier and also greatly increase our chances of CM support.
    ... reports of this phone being end of life'd very shortly, you can almost garentee they have no interest in updating this phone to ICS. Watch and see, it happens with almost all their phones.
    You just confirmed that you really don't know sh*t. EOL has no bearing on whether a phone receives an update. T-Mobile has updated many phones long after they went EOL in their system. The entire MyTouch lineup, including the original, got updated to Froyo within a few months of each other, LOOOOOOONG after they had all gone EOL.

And what's the crap about no development on this phone? You can't be taken seriously spewing crap like that. Look around, dude. Here and Virtuous are full of dev for this phone.
    Wow ..... I love xda and all these stable roms. These guys do a hell of a job. Dont let people get ya down we love all the devs here.... Im running premadonna right now and its quite stable

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using xda premium
    I'm sorry but MMS and Bluetooth not working (to name a few of your "kinks")

Don't know what rom you are talking about MMS and Bluetooth, but Primadonna has MMS, Bluetooth and almost everything else working for me. The main feature it doesn't have is tethering, but Opengarden and Barnacle does the trick on that too...