RK3188 VitalASC Tablet

Search This thread

toonwar

Mar 31, 2010
Hey everyone!

So I have searched high and low for an answer to this problem. I hope I am posting in the correct place. I just got a VitalASC ST1011 tablet and I am looking for a way to put a custom ROM on it. I was able to root it and it did root correctly, but there is absolutely nothing on this exact tablet for ROMs. My question is, are most RK 3188 tablets in the same category? Like will my tablet work with most 3188 ROMs?

Thanks guys!

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Hey everyone!

So I have searched high and low for an answer to this problem. I hope I am posting in the correct place. I just got a VitalASC ST1011 tablet and I am looking for a way to put a custom ROM on it. I was able to root it and it did root correctly, but there is absolutely nothing on this exact tablet for ROMs. My question is, are most RK 3188 tablets in the same category? Like will my tablet work with most 3188 ROMs?

Thanks guys!

The answer is NO, since the hardware is different like bluetooth/wifi/bootloader/file structure etc... for example a 3188 with ap6120 wifi chip is not the same as 3188 with MTK wifi chip.

Reactions: toonwar

toonwar

Mar 31, 2010
The answer is NO, since the hardware is different like bluetooth/wifi/bootloader/file structure etc... for example a 3188 with ap6120 wifi chip is not the same as 3188 with MTK wifi chip.

I had thought so. The thing is I am used to rooting and messing with big brand devices like my S3 and such. Is there any way for me to find out what ROMs will work on my device?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I had thought so. The thing is I am used to rooting and messing with big brand devices like my S3 and such. Is there any way for me to find out what ROMs will work on my device?

I'm sorry but there are none custom rom support for this device or very very limited. Just a suggestion for future reference, if you like custom rom and such, you should investigate for rom support first before purchase the device. Maybe someone out there who would know some forum that can support this, please chime in. In the mean time you just have to wait and see....

toonwar

Mar 31, 2010
I'm sorry but there are none custom rom support for this device or very very limited. Just a suggestion for future reference, if you like custom rom and such, you should investigate for rom support first before purchase the device. Maybe someone out there who would know some forum that can support this, please chime in. In the mean time you just have to wait and see....

Sadly I had no choice. It was a surprise birthday gift from my parents. It's all good though! It's not a bad tablet, I just like custom ROMs. I appreciate the help though!

pckarma112

Oct 15, 2012
Nice of you to be nice to him. Maybe there is a humble pie in his fridge..lol

Sent from my A200 using xda app-developers app

cbudd75

Mar 24, 2014
How were you able to root it? i have the same tablet and have been trying to root it but do not want to lock it up..... I put a bigger class 10 32gb sd card and am trying to run everything of that instead of nad flash....

Hey everyone!

Thanks guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone!

Thanks guys!