[Q] Can't install gsam battery root companion

Search This thread

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
It seems I can't get Gsam Battery monitor - root companiono to install on my phone. I rooted the device, checked to make sure it was(Root checker) downloaded some apps that needs root access(Terminal etc) it's working fine. So my device is rooted.

I tried to install GSAM Monitor and it doesn't let me install the program. I granted it root access, It gives me a prompt to "Install as privileged system app" which I click on, it then asks for a reboot, does the reboot, but the program still didn't install. When I try to install it again, it gives me an error, I can't see what the error is though, it reboots to fast, I can only catch "Unable to copy to..." and then it's gone. :mad:

Any help would be appreciated please. :fingers-crossed:

Rhiannon224

Aug 11, 2010
FL
You have to convert the system to R/W, it's Read only by default. There's a guide posted on how to do it or flash a custom Rom.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: BerndM14

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
Well I'm losing my patience with this install now, still nothing. I changed it to R/W, copied it to the /system/priv-app and installed, like the damn thing said and still nothing.

Still when I open Gsam is says "The Root companion application is not installed correctly in /system/priv-app. Please launch the application and verify it is correctly installed." Launch it, still get the same nonsense "This app needs to be installed in /system/priv-app/. You can do this manually using a tool such as Root Explorer, or use the automated method below."

Manually did nothing for me, automatic does even less and still throws out the error that I can't catch as it goes away to fast. Can't even grab a screen shot of it nothing, way to fast.

Sigh.

ag3mo

Jan 15, 2012
I'm having the same issue with GSam Battery Monitor and Battery Monitor. I've even tried moving the apk manually to /system/priv-app but it seems like something in the os is deleting it right away. Is there any sort of os tampering application on the M8 that might be doing this?

Imuo9

Jan 20, 2013
Dar es salaam
I know this post is from 2014, but I had this exact problem today with my M8 and none of the above solutions worked. So in case someone else has this issue and ends up here through Google like I did, I found that downloading the flashable zip instead of downloading root companion through the Play Store worked.

Reactions: dankatz1

marsisabar

Feb 6, 2014
I know this post is from 2014, but I had this exact problem today with my M8 and none of the above solutions worked. So in case someone else has this issue and ends up here through Google like I did, I found that downloading the flashable zip instead of downloading root companion through the Play Store worked.
Flashable zip for GSAM app, or flashable zip for the companion app? Can you provide a link where you got it? I'm having the same problem

EDIT : Found it. It's the flashable zip for the companion app here
https://github.com/GSamLabs/GSamBatteryMonitor-RootCompanion/tree/master/RecoveryInstallImages

Last edited:
Reactions: oushadow

theboondocks

Dec 21, 2014
Reactions: aladin6

Top Liked Posts