Minor OTA coming?

Search This thread

greensky23

Feb 18, 2013
Curious about this as well. Most people have a hunch it's a radio firmware update, so if anyone sees improved signal/call quality I'd be very interested to know.

User Harold Goldner on Droid-Life had an interesting point.

If you are one of the more than 95% who run stock, it can't hurt. It's too small to be bloatware. My guess is it's an hboot update and a radio fix (and that's purely speculative). The Official ICS update was v. 3.14.605.12 so this is a tiny increment. The Global leak radio/firmware was 2.22.10.0801r, 12.22.10.0803r, so this radio firmware version number is actually lower. For those of us running S-OFF, custom ROMs and the global leaked firmware, probably nothing of interest here. Certainly not worth RUUing back to stock to "check it out."

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
What exactly do you think needs fixed? I've seen you make this comment several time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

What doesn't need to be done lol. Stutter scroll, lag, lock screen from an older sense version, messaging app, app drawer lag/stutter, system settings taking way too long to open from the home screen... I'm sure there are more issues "under the surface", keyboard is awful, can't predict it's or It's.

What's funny is most of that is fixed in the sense 4 (and up) roms. But they won't give us sense 4.

LOBBS

Jul 16, 2012
Independence, Missouri
What doesn't need to be done lol. Stutter scroll, lag, lock screen from an older sense version, messaging app, app drawer lag/stutter, system settings taking way too long to open from the home screen... I'm sure there are more issues "under the surface", keyboard is awful, can't predict it's or It's.

What's funny is most of that is fixed in the sense 4 (and up) roms. But they won't give us sense 4.

Huh, never really noticed those things but I haven't been stock in a long time. My wife's Rezound is stock other than I updated her's to the global RUU and haven't had those troubles with her's either.

HTC, to the best of my knowledge, didn't upgrade any of their phones with an S3 processor to Sense 4+. Having run Sense 4 ROMs, and those are almost always full of tweaks, I can't really say that any improvements were a result of the higher version or the tweaks baked in. In either case, I guess I prefer the overall look and feel of 3.6 and always end up back on Ineff Deus.

To each his own.

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
That's what I use too. All 7 of the rezound I've had have all done the same things. Stock or not.

demmo86rt

Sep 26, 2010
Brentwood, CA
I'd be willing to bet, considering their recent deal with Apple and the fact that the DInc2 is also getting a minor update, that it's going to be the removal of the app preferences garbage and maybe some small bug fixes.

Sometimes you have to be smarter than your smartphone.

jetmdt

Aug 22, 2010

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-19-11-08-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-11-08-47.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 651
  • Screenshot_2013-02-19-11-21-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-11-21-30.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 646
  • Screenshot_2013-02-19-14-50-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-19-14-50-36.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:

zekemo

Mar 27, 2012
I'm wondering if this will effect S-off devices and or root. I'm liking the new radios though...

maybe its a prepatch for jellybean :)

Last edited:

esheesle

Nov 30, 2010
Got the update. Nothing big to note so far. It did cause HTC Sense to become the default launcher again over ADW. It also seemed to break scrolling wallpapers in adw? Had a large wallpaper and adw would slowly scroll through it as I changed screens. Now no matter what I do, it is 1 screen size worth and just black space after it. So as I scroll through screens I get more and more black background. odd.

oct2274

Nov 18, 2011
Does anyone have the real details of what this patch was supposed to do, fix, or prepare for?

jetmdt

Aug 22, 2010
Interesting, thank you. If you wouldn't mind reporting on any battery life/signal/call quality changes with the update that would be appreciated.

The building I work in is partially underground and I have spotty 3G service and I noticed today that it seems to be better now. I received my update during lunch so no real experience with improved battery life.

Jeff

Top Liked Posts