[Q] Is it normal that my phone gets hot easily/quickly?

Search This thread

Juanpepe22

Jan 7, 2014
I bought this phone like a week ago and I live in Mexico, this place isn't very hot and that's why I'm getting worried

Whenever I play games for five or ten minutes (like Plants vz Zombies 2, Where`s My Water 2 or even Cut The Rope) my phone gets hot. I check the battery`s temperature by using its "internal function" and it may say from 35°C to 41°C.
My compilation number, software version or whatever you guys call it, is B103

Is it normal?
Do you know if Huawei will fix this kind of problems when they release Android KitKat for us?
If I upgrade the firmware, will this fix the problem? And if I upgrade it, will I have throubles when Huawei releases Android KitKat?

Posts I've seen before I posted this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559407&highlight=overheat
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2359836
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2548068&highlight=overheat

Last edited:
H

HUAWEIAscendP6

B125 is the latest

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

experto1

Feb 8, 2009
That is very normal for the P6 and other smartphones, too.
It has a 6mm flat design with no fan inside and other hardware is also producing heat. I cannot imagine that other firmware could avoid this without slowing down gaming performance significantly but that would be bad on the other site.
A smartphone is a smart phone and not a gaming console.

skyp6user

Dec 24, 2013
i also experience that on the stock firware..on B125, it wont even get hot unless im using my phone for 1 hour straight. i suggest you update your phone.

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Yes update your firmware. The earliest firmwares had heat problems.

H

HUAWEIAscendP6

That is very normal for the P6 and other smartphones, too.
It has a 6mm flat design with no fan inside and other hardware is also producing heat. I cannot imagine that other firmware could avoid this without slowing down gaming performance significantly but that would be bad on the other site.
A smartphone is a smart phone and not a gaming console.

Yes, it's normal to get hot, but not that hot, so upgrading is a solution because it is a faster firmware.

Juanpepe22

Jan 7, 2014
Thanks for your answers, but now I've two questions:

How can I update the phone's firmware?
I don't even know what's root nor flash, but I think I don't need to flash it in order to install a firmware.

Also, will the new firmware contain my native language (Spanish)?

skyp6user

Dec 24, 2013
Thanks for your answers, but now I've two questions:

How can I update the phone's firmware?
I don't even know what's root nor flash, but I think I don't need to flash it in order to install a firmware.

Also, will the new firmware contain my native language (Spanish)?

Download the file: http://dl.huaweinews.com/Roms/Ascend-P6/B125.zip

Extract the zip file. Then, you'll see a file named "UPDATE.APP"

You must create a folder on your SD card, and name it "dload"
Then put the UPDATE.APP on that folder.

Remove your phone from PC, then go to Settings ->(choose) Local Update

*back up your files first so you wont lose your phone contacts and messages.

yes, spanish is avail

Last edited:

Juanpepe22

Jan 7, 2014
Download the file:

Extract the zip file. Then, you'll see a file named "UPDATE.APP"

You must create a folder on your SD card, and name it "dload"
Then put the UPDATE.APP on that folder.

Remove your phone from PC, then go to Settings ->(choose) Local Update

*back up your files first so you wont lose your phone contacts and messages.

yes, spanish is avail

Thank you very much! I'm now using the update B125

I played Plants VZ Zombies 2 like 40 mins and I checked the battery temperature and it was at 39°. I think it got a bit better, because it doesn't get hot quickly.

But... Is it STILL being normal? It kinda worries me to use/play it whenever the temperature is at 38°C or 40°C

goce.nakov

May 27, 2010
Skopje

I played Plants VZ Zombies 2 like 40 mins and I checked the battery temperature and it was at 39°. I think it got a bit better, because it doesn't get hot quickly.

But... Is it STILL being normal? It kinda worries me to use/play it whenever the temperature is at 38°C or 40°C

You are playing a game on the phone for 40min? Cmon man it is not a gaming console.

Fedds

Nov 18, 2013
Tallinn
I also play any game for 30 minutes and my phones get super hot...

EDIT: OK, I just disabled some kind of Force 2D apps rendering in Developer Options and got 15k.

Last edited:

experto1

Feb 8, 2009

I don't understand your worries. You hold your phone in hand, playing games for 40 minutes.
Do you expect temperatures below your body temperature whilst the phone is on maximum performance and battery drain??
Anyway you already have an improvement of -1°C since you updated your P6 to B125 right?
In case you still worry you should start thinking of installing an external fan.:laugh: