does z2 has touch problems?

Search This thread

Waynder

Sep 19, 2013
im now on z1... and i have that problem when touch screen takes life of its on and starts to go around -.-

same thing is on z1s and z2 tablet...

how about z2 the phone?

so far so good?

ajai_dev

Sep 14, 2012
Any liquid on screen creates this problem for me with th Z2. It does not matter if its moister, sweat or rain drops they make the screen cray cray :D only way out is to wipe the screen.

effective

Jan 2, 2011
Burgas
Not only..when i chat more than 20 minutes some of my finger touches are not recognized and i must to touch the screen with my other hand to rec.it.. its strange.. .314.. hope Sony will fix it. (hope its not something with the metal frame and sensor confusion).

El.Guaje

Nov 29, 2010
Ho Chi Minh
I owned Z2 and Z2 Tab. If you leave so munch oil or finger-print on your screen it will cause touch problem, wipe out and everything is fine.

You may try tempered glass or mate screen protector to reduce this problem.

dberladyn

Oct 9, 2011
This is exactly why I never wanted to give up my slide out keyboard phone. I wish more people were like me, I kept holding out for someone to make a respectable keyboard phone but I guess there's no market. I am not a fan of using the touch screen for entering text and numbers. Today was a prime example, my morning was rushed and I am fumbling to try an enter a new hires phone number. So frustrating, I swear it was the 15th try that I finally got it! Here I am fumbling with a phone while trying to direct workers to their tasks and deal with production and management at the same time.

Reactions: Waynder

Waynder

Sep 19, 2013
This is exactly why I never wanted to give up my slide out keyboard phone. I wish more people were like me, I kept holding out for someone to make a respectable keyboard phone but I guess there's no market. I am not a fan of using the touch screen for entering text and numbers. Today was a prime example, my morning was rushed and I am fumbling to try an enter a new hires phone number. So frustrating, I swear it was the 15th try that I finally got it! Here I am fumbling with a phone while trying to direct workers to their tasks and deal with production and management at the same time.

still holding ontu my n900 and n950... my z1 died and got new under warranty... wanna sell it and go for z2 if it doesnt have touch problems like z1...

rocking n950 for now...

BRNRD

Sep 16, 2014
Melbourne
I remember back when I had .55 the screen sensitivity was pretty bad, especially during phone calls when it suddenly turns on when it shouldn't, also double tap to wake wasn't as responsive. After upgrading to .314 it seemed to fix those problems :)

Furchendackel

Feb 25, 2014
Stralsund
I had this problem with my Z2, too.
Then, after an unlucky drop, my screen was broken, so I got the screen repaired. After approx. a week my screen got more and more its own life. At the end the phone was totally unuseable. The repair shop replaced the screen again, since then it just apperars from time to time like before.
I think Sony has some issues with these screens. My S2 which I had before the Sony had never such issues, even if the screen was quite dirty. Maybe thats why they introduced the Z3 so fast?

Here you can see the "amok screen". I enabled "Show touch" in the developer options.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocPnYQFqWao

[kEkA]

May 25, 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
I had this problem with my Z2, too.
Then, after an unlucky drop, my screen was broken, so I got the screen repaired. After approx. a week my screen got more and more its own life. At the end the phone was totally unuseable. The repair shop replaced the screen again, since then it just apperars from time to time like before.
I think Sony has some issues with these screens. My S2 which I had before the Sony had never such issues, even if the screen was quite dirty. Maybe thats why they introduced the Z3 so fast?

Here you can see the "amok screen". I enabled "Show touch" in the developer options.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocPnYQFqWao

Really strange, since I have never had that problem with my unit,
by the way, just for curiosity, how much have you paid for repair and where have you done it?

Furchendackel

Feb 25, 2014
Stralsund
Really strange, since I have never had that problem with my unit,
by the way, just for curiosity, how much have you paid for repair and where have you done it?

Paid for repair 225€ at a shop in Berlin. No official repair shop, in this case it would have been about 350€. However, it is no longer waterproof.
But they replaced the defective (ghost operated) screen without any questions at no cost.

[kEkA]

May 25, 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
Paid for repair 225€ at a shop in Berlin. No official repair shop, in this case it would have been about 350€. However, it is no longer waterproof.
But they replaced the defective (ghost operated) screen without any questions at no cost.

Kinda too much, but then again Sony in Serbia replaced my back cover for 50e, but when I come to think about it, it's probably because the average salary here is around 300e

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.