[RES] RILPHONE.DLL and "how to" with a Radio

Search This thread

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
Only someone with access to rilphone.dll source code could create a universal rilphone.dll.

Quite doubtful that HTC would be interested in doing this :)

not rilphone.dll source code, but source code and whitepapers on every individual radio stack implementation used.

the end result would be a very bloated DLL file as it would need to include a massive volume of code.

pointless and a drain on resources.

TheSopranos16

Dec 2, 2008
Marlboro, NJ
Based on what Da_G said, it sounds like we need a repository of all the different rilphone.dll versions for all the different carriers and radio versions. I am using the newest radio and it really don't work that well with AT&T. I drop way too many calls because the radio refuses to let go of a weak H signal and switch to something else.

Would be great if we could get a collection of all the different versions together, that way people can use the one that works best for them.

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Based on what Da_G said, it sounds like we need a repository of all the different rilphone.dll versions for all the different carriers and radio versions. I am using the newest radio and it really don't work that well with AT&T. I drop way too many calls because the radio refuses to let go of a weak H signal and switch to something else.

Would be great if we could get a collection of all the different versions together, that way people can use the one that works best for them.

Well volunteered :D

Dave

krish_nank

Nov 22, 2008
Karnataka

The Radio's are also operator dependent so its not so easy to get full use of it....

mr.jaguar

Nov 20, 2007
fountain valley, ca
I still have no clue as to how to replace rilphone.dll

Does anyone have step by step instructions? I would greatly appreciate it

IF you have a patched nk.exe then make sure the rilphone from the new radio is named rilphone2.dll, copy it into the windows folder of your device, edit the registry with your favorite reg editor go to HKLM/Drivers/BiultIn/RIL edit the Dll key and change it from rilphone to rilphone2

close registry editor and soft reset.

borisku

Jan 19, 2007
Near Bonn
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Moto G4
i remembered my work with the taskbar, where we used to unsign & sign dlls to change them. Before i had no chance with Romeos 1.901 and rilphone.dll-changing cause i think there is an unpatched nk.exe cooked in. I installed SH4Ys rilphone2.dll for 1.12.25.19.CAB, but after SR telephone was dead. So i tried again: I installed SH4Ys rilphone2.dll for 1.12.25.19.CAB, but before SR i copied the rilphone2.dll to the PC, unsigned and signed it with the tools unsigner & msigner, copied it back to TP as rilphone3.dll and maniplated the registry: HKLM\drivers\Builtin\RIL\DLL to rilphone3.dll
After SR it seems that everyting runs fine.... But lets have a longer Test time.... will report later...
GreetzBoris

@Edit GPS working fine, telefone too...
@Edit No Probs till now

Last edited:

speed_pour

Jul 21, 2008
West Coast
From reading this thread, unless I've missed something, there's not a reason to keep the rilphone.dll paired with the radio it came with. It seems that the rilphone.dll really needs to be paired with the individual person's carrier?

If that's the case, it makes sense to document which carriers/features are supported by a particular dll. Are a few of them are friendly with more than one carrier? Obviously nobody needs to stick with the carrier specific dll, but it seems to offer the best compatibility.

If this is all accurate, then in most cases, it seems reasonable that a user should have the most recent version of their carrier's dll, and then experiment with different radios.

If the radios are essentially universal by design (previously stated that they support all features but just need the rilphone.dll to call them), then what reason exists for keeping the dll and radio paired up?

If this logic carries out, it seems the radio thread should have both radios and rilphone.dlls separate, with notes on carriers/features supported.

This raises another question, while we all know that radios from a few other phones will work on our Raphs, has there been any examination of using different rilphone.dlls? Is it possible/reasonable/stupid to take a blackstone dll, paired with a radio from the diamond, all together on the raph (I know it's possible, otherwise we probably would have discussed this much sooner). I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this also, but I don't see a reason that the rilphone.dll should have a problem with a security locked phone, so experiments there may have positive effects for them as well (since many people still aren't rushing to do the security unlocks).

mikempower

Sep 4, 2007
with some roms i have many problem with connection using GPRS,while with wireless is everithing ok...it depend's by an uncorrect rillphone.dll?

Last edited:

Crash O. 1979

Oct 4, 2008
It works fine. But you need the SDK Certs too.

If your Radio is offline with this rilphone.dll install the attached CAB.

Attachments

• SdkCerts.cab
    4.6 KB · Views: 200

psobiers

Dec 25, 2006
does anyone have problems with setting gmail account or it's just me?
it's just keeping asking me for username and password as if it was wrong. and i know im typing it correct. i can log in by www by not by application.
i tried to configure account manually, i tried changing imap to pop, tried turning ssl off and on, i tried turning att proxy off. its just keeping asking me for username and password.
im already tired of it and run out of ideas...

radiohitec

Feb 14, 2008
Valkenswaard
www.radiohitec.nl
@borisku

I have try also the rilphone3.dll and it works great on the newest Proven ROM:)
Thanks also to Crash O. 1979:

You need the SDK Certs otherwise it works not!.

If your Radio is offline with this rilphone3.dll install the attached CAB, don't forget to change your registry to HKLM\drivers\Builtin\RIL\DLL to rilphone3.dll
Than soft reset

My results are a faster fix on GPS and longer battery life.
Tested on TomTom 7.915 (9196)

Thanks guys for this great work! :)