Cases / Shells - what're you getting / reviews:

Search This thread

cmraymond

Nov 3, 2011
I just got the Trident, it is much better imo.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App

htccraze

Oct 20, 2010
Hiding from under the bed
I really like the cases from Seidio but unfortunately they don't make them for the MT4GS or plan to. I emailed the company about it since I seen someone else do the same thing thinking if enough people contact them hopefully they might feel it would be worth it and start making them. If you like their cases and want the option for this case in the future please contact them as I did. If you've never seen their cases you should check out this link. A short email to customerservice@seidioonline.com asking for development on our device would be greatful.

Below is the email i got from them:
Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We appreciate your interest in our products. Unfortunately, we do not have plans to make accessories for the HTC HD2 or the MyTouch 4G Slide. We apologize for any inconvenience. Your request has been forwarded to product development.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

archie53

Jun 6, 2010
New Jersey
I really like the cases from Seidio but unfortunately they don't make them for the MT4GS or plan to. I emailed the company about it since I seen someone else do the same thing thinking if enough people contact them hopefully they might feel it would be worth it and start making them. If you like their cases and want the option for this case in the future please contact them as I did. If you've never seen their cases you should check out this link. A short email to customerservice@seidioonline.com asking for development on our device would be greatful.

Below is the email i got from them:
Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We appreciate your interest in our products. Unfortunately, we do not have plans to make accessories for the HTC HD2 or the MyTouch 4G Slide. We apologize for any inconvenience. Your request has been forwarded to product development.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service
I did the same as you with the Mytouch 3G slide and got the same response, and no they never made the case. If they haven't made it by now I would guess they are not going to. If you want a solid case get the Trident, I have it and love it, I also have it on my kids Nook and had it on my wifes Vibrant, you won't be disapointed.

htccraze

Oct 20, 2010
Hiding from under the bed
I did end up buying the Trident, still waiting for it to get here though. I seen a place online selling it for $14 shipped. Only issue is that they only had the blue version. I posted the link a few pages back along with the coupon code.

Its kind of funny because while asking about it i said this phone is one of only a few cell phones that are dual core so thats a huge selling point for people to buy. I was trying to make them feel that since a lot of people are interested in this phone because of that and the great camera that maybe they would it may be worth it in the long run. lol. I just think the lines and colors on the Trident don't look as nice as some of the Seidio cases. If it doesn't go anywhere all i wasted was three mins of my time so no biggie. Besides how everyone talks of the Trident I'm sure once it gets here i'll be happy.

Last edited:

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
Just gogt the htc oem its aood case

Sent from my Htc Doubleshot running ICS

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
I like the fishbone case, but the power and menu buttons click too easily with it on. The added bulk kills me, and the fact that I remove the battery cover pretty regularly is a deal breaker for me. Guess ill just stick with either naked or the military suit

tytnhunter

Feb 21, 2008
DFW
Does anyone know where I can find a horizontal leather holster that will accomadate the added thickness of a trident case?

ooostore.vip

Apr 16, 2012
you could buy a good phone battery in ooostore

we have lots of high quality battery in store now,maybe you could find one fit to your smart mobile phone

MT4GS

May 18, 2012
holster?

I don't like my leather pouch, the flap has such strong magnets it makes it very inconvenient and impossible to use one hand to dig out phone...

So I found THIS holster on ebay.
My concerns about it are the top clip (depending on how strong the spring is, it may squeeze the phone too much - nevermind, I just realized it has no spring, it seems it is just a flexible plastic) and the bottom corner slots (they probably will scratch the edges). Also it comes in black only, which probably won't look good with my "khaki" MT4GS.
But it sure is easy and quick to remove phone from such holster (I remember having very similar holster with Motorola StarTAC and it was very useful)

Anybody here using it & wanna share experience?
MyTouch_4G_Slide_Holster.jpg

MORE PICS HERE

Last edited:

MT4GS

May 18, 2012
I use PDAir leather pouch:
www.pdair.com/index.php/smartphone-...for-htc-mytouch-4g-slide-book-type-black.html
It's 30USD and worth every penny...
Btw. They have also metal cases. Did not try one of those but had my last leather pouch for my old Desire Z 2 years long without any issue... The quality really is amazing!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Very elegant pouch indeed! Perhaps the nicest pouch I've seen so far.

However it's not for me, I can already tell I wouldn't be able to answer the phone with one hand if I had it.

Narhim

Jul 10, 2011
Very elegant pouch indeed! Perhaps the nicest pouch I've seen so far.

However it's not for me, I can already tell I wouldn't be able to answer the phone with one hand if I had it.

It's not such an issue :) I manage to answer calls with one hand... Maybe check out the hardcover cases / metal cases from PDAir. Might be someone wrote a review or sth... :D

www.pdair.com/index.php/smartphone-...ytouch-4g-slide-open-screen-design-black.html

And

m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=PzdBwQFQhV0&v=PzdBwQFQhV0&gl=US

See for yourself :D

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Last edited:

vinceb54

Feb 19, 2013
Indianapolis
I can gather from reading here that there is nothing better than the Trident case. I honestly wish someone made a rubberized or gel case that fit over the entire phone at the expense of the keyboard, as I personally never use the keyboard. (I'm a swype fanboy) I wanted the slide over the regular mytouch 4g because of the improved camera...but now I'm kinda regretting that decision. I am a delivery driver and constantly use the GPS and I've dropped the phone several times getting out of the car when I'm in a hurry and forget it's in my lap. As a result, now I have a broken screen that I'm going to fix myself soon (doesn't look very hard).

Anyway, I thought I would say that I had a Trident case in the ballistic green and after a few drops it broke and I threw it away and have gone without one hoping a better solution would surface. I wish I wouldn't have as now I have a broken screen. I guess I will pull the trigger on another Trident...

EDIT...
on second thought that aluminum pdair case with the neoprene inside looks ideal for me...as long as the clip is secure because I know I will drop the phone.

Last edited:

MT4GS

May 18, 2012
It all depends on price IMO.
I had option to buy extended warranty for $49 when I was buying my phone, which included "no questions asked" replacement of the phone. Why would I want to spend $30 or $50 or more on a case if I could have new phone replacement... of course if you don't have such extended warranty available then sure (but then why don't you buy your phones somewhere else). Just my opinion.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay - i'm excited!

Just got home a little bit ago, and though I have to run right back out, I stole some time to play with my new case (at the expense of dinner...) because it finally came in today.

First impressions: Packaging is attractive, and once open it comes with screen protector, screen-cleaning cloth, a 4-pole extension piece for the headphones jack and the case (and some very short paperwork).

The case is 3 parts, as listed above, outer for the top, inner soft rubber for the bottom, and outer not-as-soft rubber for the bottom.

Compared to the hard-shell case I have, it's much more bouncy, definitely can't classify the trident as a hard case compared to that - but it's not very flexible, like a gel-type case would be.

Since I can't bend the outer-case very far (and we're talking small distance here) without being pretty postive it'll break, I suppose it has to be considered a hard case after all. Sorry if this seems like a mixed opinion here, it's definitely not a gel-type case.

The color is nice, darn close to my favorite color of green - and green is my favorite color.

I like the fact that the part that covers the speaker (where you would listen to a phone call from) is a shield, preventing stuff from getting in the speaker. Ditto for the bottom half over the two speakers on the bottom of the phone.

The power port for usb is still uncovered...as is the headphones jack. So we've almost got a winner here, I would have liked for something covering both of those ports. I have a piece that fits in the headphones jack, which you can see in one of my pictures below (came on a stylus - check them out on amazon and you'll find one)...but I still have no solution for covering the open usb jack.

I have no idea why there are two tiny cutouts on the upper piece right above where the volume buttons are...this perplexes me. ( edit again - figured it out. When you hit caps or alt on the keyboard, it leaves space to show the light that lights up when the keyboard is slid out.)

The power button, volume buttons, and camera button are covered with the bottom rubber insert piece, and they all press fine and work well. No issues with the way they are covered.

And of course...it doesn't fit in the old pouch I had for it (was for the flip camcorder) so I got a new one, it's a kodak. Wanted to move to something a little bigger so I didn't have to take a micro-camera case around with me for my cables and memory cards anymore. The kodak case still fits in my pocket, so win all around.

In closing:

I love the trident case, if it had something to cover the usb port i'd love it even more. If by some misfortune the phone gets dropped or banged, it won't take the same amount of jarring abuse, and the shock will be much, much more distributed and absorbed by the case.

I didn't use the screen protector it came with, the one I already have on it is a privacy filter which I much prefer.

ETA:

The first picture shows the trident case next to the old hard-shell case, with the phone above and a pen in-between for size guage.

Also - fits in the t-mobile universal car cradle that I have, and doesn't fall out - as the prior case also allowed the phone to do.

Hmmm, that's unfortunate. For some reason I was thinking it was rubbery-er. Does it at least have some grip to it, or is it more glossy, slippery like?

Both glossy & grippy. Won't slide across my desk when I push it because of the black piece that is exposed from the rubber insert, but if I turn it on it's face it slides easy when it's just the exterior case touching.

Yet another edit:

Just spent the last half hour playing castlevania:symphony of the night on a psx emulator, no overheating issues (on an anker battery too - keep this in mind)

This is and will probably always remain my biggest concern with any case for the phone, and while it's probably too early to tell for sure, so far so good. Just wanted to get a preliminary out there about it, and i'll post up a followup to this in a few days if no issues, or a reply sooner if there are.

Figured i'd edit it in instead of making a new reply, since no one else has said anything since my posting.
    OEM HTC Hard Shell Case for T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide, White / Carbon Fiber

Has anyone purchased one of these? I believe that the more squarish shape will look better on our devices.

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=59357

They come on red, black & white, solid black and in blue.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Do did anyone purchase this case?
    Will the phone overheat in this type of enclosing?

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=59935
    Trident Case

Has anyone purchased one of these? I believe that the more squarish shape will look better on our devices.

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=59357

They come on red, black & white, solid black and in blue.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Do did anyone purchase this case?
    Will the phone overheat in this type of enclosing?

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=59935

Thanks gtny930 for making me aware of these Trident Cases. I purchased two cases, one for my iPod Touch and one for the myTouch 4G Slide from Amazon. Being an Otterbox fan, I was kinda nervous on purchasing these. The quality isnt the same as an Otterbox, but its good enough to protect my devices. The iPod touch Trident case is really iffy, the $10 Belkin case I bought from Best Buy seems to be better. However for the myTouch 4G Slide, the Trident case is 10 times better than the Body Glove case I bought from T-Mobile which put indentions and scratches all over the side of my phone.

In the box:
    myTouch 4G Slide Trident Aegis Case(Bottom and Top), Screen Protector, Application Card, Cleaning Cloth, and an Audiojack Extender. The box and papers that came with the phone has QR Codes all over, and when scanned they go to links that dont work, bummer.

Installation:
    I am using the Anker Battery and this case fits good. I took out the battery just to compare it, and there isnt that much of a difference to be concerning.

Thoughts:
    The bottom half of the case is a "two part" thing with one piece being silicon and the other a harder outer layer (Similar to an Otterbox). Installing it was super easy. The silicone covers all of the buttons: Power, Camera, Volume Rockers. It also feels "raised" so the buttons are way easier to press and get to.

The top half of the case covers the "slide-out" portion of the phone and is kind of big and bulky. When sliding the keyboard out, it requires some force but is smooth to slide. When sliding the screen to hide the keyboard, you can tell the screen is being raised a bit and this is kind of a concern for me.

Typing on the keyboard feels more solid now, but the large bezel squishes the top row of the keyboard, so the keys are kind of harder to fit my fingers there. Theres slits cut out for the keyboard LED's, but they are extremely difficult to see when typing. You can only see it when pointing the phone down and actually looking in these little slits.
    Edit: I have actually been using the phone now, and when sliding open the phone, the tab that holds the top part to the screen hits the "g" key when its slide out fast, if your slow it doesnt press it, but I see this as an ISSUE.

If I have anything more to say, I'll be sure to edit.
    I just have a gel skin that I bought from T-Mobile that has D30 impact protection technology. It's a nice strong case, just it's rubberized so it sticks to my pocket, on the bright side my pockets don't ever have lint lol. :D
    I pre-planned against that issue (scraping) with my previous hard-shell case because someone mentioned that in this thread before I started using it.

I'm glad you mentioned that so others can be on the lookout for unintentional damage to their device.

I headed it off by taking a brand new razorblade to it and slicing off just the tiniest bit that was needed to make it not rub. An Xacto Knife, or a fresh blade in any kind of razor knife should do, but best results with the Xacto.

( remember, always cut away from yourself, and not towards anything fleshy like fingers - but you dig your own grave with that. Not responsible for you cutting your finger off 'cause you don't know how to use a knife - anyone. )

Problem I ran into was even taking off the tiniest bit exposed the item for how cheap it was, because the spray-on finish came off as soon as I sliced it, and the white plastic was exposed underneath.

Not a big deal, just cosmetic, and that fishbone case looks far superior to the crap hard case this thread started off with. It's probably all the same color material through and through, but you never know so keep an eye out.