[Q] ToDo list or calendar

Search This thread

rettignick

Nov 16, 2012
Aside from the EasyDo smart assistant, is there any widgets I can use with the null rom that basically just present my ToDo list, or a calendar widget that maybe shows 2 or 3 events and when clicked shows the rest? I ask because I constantly find myself writing things on my hand like "bills" so I can remember to do them after work. It would be great if I could dedicate a homescreen to a widget for the same purpose and stop writing on my hand.

Santaclauswitz

Jan 2, 2014
I'm using Google Calendar and Tick Tick on my gear. They both work nicely with syncing via bluetooth tether

Attachments

• device-2014-01-28-232438.png
    device-2014-01-28-232438.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 140
  • device-2014-01-28-231907.png
    device-2014-01-28-231907.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 133
  • device-2014-01-28-232506.png
    device-2014-01-28-232506.png
    65 KB · Views: 132

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
I use Simple Calendar Widget.
It's scrollable and when you tap an event, it opens in calendar.
A bit fiddly to configure on the Gear, so I set up the layout on the phone and then export and copy to Gear.

I used to always be taking my phone out to check what room I had to be in. Now, I can easily check on my watch :)

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390953261111.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390953261111.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 142

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
A bit fiddly to configure on the Gear, so I set up the layout on the phone and then export and copy to Gear.

I used to always be taking my phone out to check what room I had to be in. Now, I can easily check on my watch :)

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
NRpTdp7.png

i use standard google calendar widget with two zooper widgets on top - one to show current temperature and second for battery left.

W@r10ck

Jan 3, 2013

Hi can you guide me on how do i install/configure this app to the galaxy gear?do i need to download the .apk and sideload it? Thanks
And also your layout/theme is pretty cool. How did you set it up? :)

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
Hi can you guide me on how do i install/configure this app to the galaxy gear?do i need to download the .apk and sideload it? Thanks

You can either side load it or download via the playstore on the gear.
Once it's installed, you can select a 1x2 widget and configure it how you like in terms of colours, fields to display, font size.

The widget on the top half of the screen is Minimalistic Text widget. I have 1 instance of it with the time and date. And another overlapping instance with just the battery.

There is also the Noticounter widget which I have overlapping everything else.

[edit] As I mentioned, it's easier to setup the widget on your phone and then export it and import it on the Gear. The screen on the Gear is too small and fiddly. That applies to both Simple Calendar and Minimalistic Text [/edit]

Last edited:
Reactions: W@r10ck

lurkapup

Apr 20, 2012
Auckland
Getting calendar apps to sync

I've got calendar apps installed ok, but they don't seem to sync, or at least don't show any meetings. When I open up Today's schedule (the stock gear app) it shows the days appointments fine. How can I get the appointments to show in the non stock apps. I'm running null_19 and had a look through the app settings. The google calendar sync and other calendar apps are set to off. I turned them on, but it killed the battery in about 20 minutes and still didnt seem to sync the meetings.

Its a major gap in the utility of the watch for me, so I'd really appreciate any help or advice. I've trawled all the threads the mention calendar, but I didnt find anything that helped.

Thanks.

W@r10ck

Jan 3, 2013
Once it's installed, you can select a 1x2 widget and configure it how you like in terms of colours, fields to display, font size.

The widget on the top half of the screen is Minimalistic Text widget. I have 1 instance of it with the time and date. And another overlapping instance with just the battery.

[edit] As I mentioned, it's easier to setup the widget on your phone and then export it and import it on the Gear. The screen on the Gear is too small and fiddly. That applies to both Simple Calendar and Minimalistic Text [/edit]

I have installed the app both on the phone and gear.How did you make this as your main clock?are you rooted and using other Rom?im sorry im a bit confused :confused: Does it sync?since i need to export then import it.im just confused on how does synching works.Thanks :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

NRpTdp7.png

i use standard google calendar widget with two zooper widgets on top - one to show current temperature and second for battery left.

How do you set this up on the gear?

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
I have installed the app both on the phone and gear.How did you make this as your main clock?are you rooted and using other Rom?im sorry im a bit confused :confused: Does it sync?since i need to export then import it.im just confused on how does synching works.Thanks :thumbup:

Yes, you need to have Null ROM installed to be able to use any widget.
Then, you just set the widget/s on your homescreen.

For syncing, you need to setup your google account in the system settings on the Gear (need Null ROM for that too) and then set it to sync the calendar.

To sync, you will need to setup bluetooth tethering between the Gear and phone. (need Null ROM for that too).
I don't leave it tethered all the time to save the battery. I have tasker installed on the phone and Gear and it enables BT tethering for 2 minutes every hour. that is frequent enough for me to have the calendar on the watch updated.

W@r10ck

Jan 3, 2013
NRpTdp7.png

Yes, you need to have Null ROM installed to be able to use any widget.
Then, you just set the widget/s on your homescreen.

For syncing, you need to setup your google account in the system settings on the Gear (need Null ROM for that too) and then set it to sync the calendar.

To sync, you will need to setup bluetooth tethering between the Gear and phone. (need Null ROM for that too).
I don't leave it tethered all the time to save the battery. I have tasker installed on the phone and Gear and it enables BT tethering for 2 minutes every hour. that is frequent enough for me to have the calendar on the watch updated.

I was actually planning on installing NULL but found out that Dev decided not to continue with the support :( so i guess there's no way i would be able to set it up like yours :(

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

install google calendar, add widget, resize it. now add 2 new widgets in zooper and choose it to display current temperature and battery left..

Are you also on NULL?

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
i'm on null 11, and yesterday there was released null 20. it is in active development, you got your info all wrong.

lurkapup

Apr 20, 2012
Auckland
The developer stopped providing support through the main thread and PM. He is distributing the Rom through another forum and to be honest still ridiculously active and supportive through multiple threads. However, I think its fair to say he's here to develop, not play helpdesk.

But yeah, as others have said, if you skim through a bit more of the front page of the gear forums, you'll find plenty of discussion showing the null rom is well and kicking.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Thanks for the advice around syncing Rich. I have syncing working fine - I'm usually permanently tethered, probably unnecessarily. When I check the google sync settings it always shows a recent last sync'd time. However, none of the meetings are being loaded into the non-stock apps for some reason. I'm keen to check out the new null_ so I imagine I'll be doing a few full resets as part of that to hopefully clear this odd blockage.

Last edited:

W@r10ck

Jan 3, 2013
The developer stopped providing support through the main thread and PM. He is distributing the Rom through another forum and to be honest still ridiculously active and supportive through multiple threads. However, I think its fair to say he's here to develop, not play helpdesk.

But yeah, as others have said, if you skim through a bit more of the front page of the gear forums, you'll find plenty of discussion showing the null rom is well and kicking.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Thanks for the advice around syncing Rich. I have syncing working fine - I'm usually permanently tethered, probably unnecessarily. When I check the google sync settings it always shows a recent last sync'd time. However, none of the meetings are being loaded into the non-stock apps for some reason. I'm keen to check out the new null_ so I imagine I'll be doing a few full resets as part of that to hopefully clear this odd blockage.

Thanks bud this is a great news. But was wondering where can i find it. Ive been searching through...i will try and search again but if you dont mind showing me the active thread/link I would really appreciate it :good:

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

i'm on null 11, and yesterday there was released null 20. it is in active development, you got your info all wrong.

Thanks its a good news. I will try to search for it. I went to this site http://null.section80.net/ but couldnt download the ROM :( and i got the news from reading on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2515696. Hope you could show me the light on where i can download his masterful ROM :)

EDIT: Ok guys sorry i got it all wrong. I found the way to download it. Cant wait to flash this amazing ROM onto my gear :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.