[Possible Solution]Sudden Battery Drop to %

Search This thread

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
Some Moto G users have faced this issue of Sudden battery drop from 90% to 0% or 70% to 0% or similar
The problem is faced when phone is connected to pc and somehow a condition is changed.
Drop sometimes is just by connecting, sometimes by turning MTP off, Sometimes Turning USB Debugging off

I called up Motorolla for a Solution and they replied to tell me to do a factory reset. I didn't believe them but tried anyway and viola, it worked!

Performing a factory Reset (in some cases) solves the problem of sudden battery drop to 0%

Note: This is not a permanent solution, There is a chance for problem to come back, but also there is a chance that your phone will not face the problem!

It's been a month after reset, I haven't seen the problem again!
Hope it helps you too!

Share your Experience too! Weather it worked for you or not!

Last edited:

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
Actually I only experienced it once, weeks before upgrading to kitkat and factory reseted a few times since then. Never happeed again although I suspected it was because I avoid plugging it on usb.

michalurban

Jul 11, 2010
Near Prague
This is not a solution. Youre just lucky. ;)

Some Moto G users have faced this issue of Sudden battery drop from 90% to 0% or 70% to 0% or similar
The problem is faced when phone is connected to pc and somehow a condition is changed.
Drop sometimes is just by connecting, sometimes by turning MTP off, Sometimes Turning USB Debugging off

I called up Motorolla for a Solution and they replied to tell me to do a factory reset. I didn't believe them but tried anyway and viola, it worked!

Performing a factory Reset solves the problem of sudden battery drop to 0%

Hope it helps you too!

eyalny

Jun 18, 2009
I did hotspot usb tethering an hour ago and the battery went to 0
I'm on 4.4.2

padhu1989

Jun 26, 2012
Chennai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Try reset the phone.Maybe some software went wrong.

Don't suggest anything if you don't know.. Factory reset won't solve this problem and this issue is not related to any software... I am seeing you suggesting factory reset in some other thread also.. Keep quiet if you don't know..

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Minervamc

knizmi

Jul 17, 2013
Mladá Boleslav
This happenned to me yesterday. 70% -> pluged it into a computer -> 0%
I connected it to a wall charger and waited until it charged to 100%. No big deal, problem solved.

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
IF it is not a software problem, how come motorola can promise a patch?

Don't suggest anything if you don't know.. Factory reset won't solve this problem and this issue is not related to any software... I am seeing you suggesting factory reset in some other thread also.. Keep quiet if you don't know..

I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying you shouldn't ask somebody to keep quite... because you think it is wrong!

I realise the point that factory reset is not a permanent solution and the de-calibration of the sensor can occur even after reseting the phone. I'll change the title to possible solution.

But to also quote KirkStormberg from https://forums.motorola.com/posts/7a7b068df1?commentId=774000#774000

root cause (which we believe is an intermittent error in a sensor measurement)

is defiantly a software problem. And if there is a chance of removal/ temporary denial of problem, then i think you shouldn't discourage people.
specially not from a healthy discussion!

padhu1989

Jun 26, 2012
Chennai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying you shouldn't ask somebody to keep quite... because you think it is wrong!

I realise the point that factory reset is not a permanent solution and the de-calibration of the sensor can occur even after reseting the phone. I'll change the title to possible solution.

But to also quote KirkStormberg from https://forums.motorola.com/posts/7a7b068df1?commentId=774000#774000

is defiantly a software problem. And if there is a chance of removal/ temporary denial of problem, then i think you shouldn't discourage people.
specially not from a healthy discussion!

I just meant it's not related to any installed apps... My bad I mentioned it wrongly... I got angry because that guy suggesting a factory reset for every thread and for all the issues... You could see his reply in few threads...

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
So let him!

I just meant it's not related to any installed apps... My bad I mentioned it wrongly... I got angry because that guy suggesting a factory reset for every thread and for all the issues... You could see his reply in few threads...

He won't get many thanks if his suggestion is stupid, and just look at his reply he is not reasoning! why are you loosing your calm!

Peace Bro!

Minervamc

Feb 5, 2014

I tried give the solution.It is the last way when the other solutions couldn't.But first try to charge the device untill 100%.The battery suddenly drop maybe caused of unperfectly charging/unplugged when the battery under 100%.The next check the USB debugging.Make sure it on.I think All device(my experienced) sometimes have the same problem like this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Performing a factory Reset (in some cases) solves the problem of sudden battery drop to 0%

Note: This is not a permanent solution, There is a chance for problem to come back, but also there is a chance that your phone will not face the problem!

Hope it helps you too!

Share your Experience too! Weather it worked for you or not!
    Factory reset won't solve the problem... Battery drop happened for me twice..one before factory reset and after factory reset too..

Try reset the phone.Maybe some software went wrong.

I realised that!!

This is not a solution. Youre just lucky. ;)

I realised that!!
    I changed the Title!
    but i don't think its wrong in sharing, may be someone else can get lucky too!