Car dock with Spigen cover?

Search This thread

Hans.physics

Jul 27, 2012
Can anybody recommend a car dock that won't require removal of the Spigen cover?
I saw the Mumbi dock which appears to be alright, but I'm not sure it'd work with the cover.

(http://www.amazon.de/mumbi-Lüftungs...95452&sr=8-4&keywords=xperia+z2+autohalterung)

The Arkon Intelligrip. Just got it myself after searching endlessly for something that would hold the phone, without pushing buttons or require an awkward position in the mount (i.e. off-center). Finally found this one that holds the phone by the ends rather than the sides! Perfect. I used an Xacto knife and a Dremmel to create an opening in the Spigen Ultra Clear Hybrid case for the magnetic port and then bought some of the cheap aluminum magnetic cables mentioned in an other post on here. So far, it's working great. The mount comes with long and short arms to accommodate everything from a small to extremely large phone. I used one set of short and one set of long arms and the tension seems perfect. Bonus, there is an NFC sticker built in to the mount so I have my phone set to unlock and launch the Sony Car interface when it goes in the mount! (But I would have done that anyway by just sticking an NFC sticker to whatever mount I ended up getting.) It was also cheap! Like $15!!!