S3 mini to G3

Search This thread

Iceax123

Oct 26, 2012
Cheshire, Uk
Woah, just taken delivery and im slightly concerned about the size!

It looks a fair bit bigger than my HOX which ive had for 20 months then switched to S3 mini before this G3.

Will have a play tonight and see how i get on with it, on a day to day basis as an everyday phone is the size an issue to folks?

Thanks

A

Jan 4, 2013
Agreed with above :) it won't take long for it to feel good in your hand.... Use the G3 for a couple of weeks, then dig out your S3mini and then see how that feels.
You have come from a "mini" handset into pretty much phablet territory so not surprised it feels big. I had a regular S3 and then the G3 felt big, but will will "grow" on you :)

Enjoy the phone and the big performance step up you will get from it.

Reactions: Iceax123

Iceax123

Oct 26, 2012
Cheshire, Uk
Thanks guys, i had a One X until it met the floor, when i got that it was a "big" phone, i guess when i get home and compare it will look tiny too.

Cheers

A

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
I am going to be honest with you - this is a large phone, LG have been clever with the design which means it doesn't feel as big as it actually is, but it is still a big phone.

Big phones are not going to suit everyone, if you were happy with the small size of the S3 Mini then chances are you will decide that this phone is too big for you, but give it a try first.

I owned the Note 2 when that was released and had it for 3 months before deciding it was too big for me (but was concerned from day one!), I have had no such thoughts so far with the G3, its design fits my hand perfectly, it doesn't feel as big as other large phones do and for that reason I believe I will be happy to keep it.

Reactions: Iceax123

Iceax123

Oct 26, 2012
Cheshire, Uk
Thanks Lenny good review, S3 mini is far too small, it was temp as i dropped my HOX.

I have a few cases coming tomorrow so will give it a try over the weekend before i make a final decision.

A

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
I went from the original Incredible to the Note 2. It felt slightly weird in hand for a week but now it's natural. Trust me, the screen size is well worth it.

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
Thanks guys, i had a One X until it met the floor, when i got that it was a "big" phone, i guess when i get home and compare it will look tiny too.

Cheers

A

I had the one x too but after one day I got used to the screen size and my brother too and now he has problems adjusting back to his sony xperia s(serves him right for using my phone without permission):victory:

Iceax123

Oct 26, 2012
Cheshire, Uk
YEah after comparing last night there is little different between the HOX and the One (m7).

Will keep it for now i thinks.

Cheers
A

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Naaa its perfect ;) big screen in a compact body is hard to find. U will properly get used to it after a short while and then want bigger haha
    Agreed with above :) it won't take long for it to feel good in your hand.... Use the G3 for a couple of weeks, then dig out your S3mini and then see how that feels.
    You have come from a "mini" handset into pretty much phablet territory so not surprised it feels big. I had a regular S3 and then the G3 felt big, but will will "grow" on you :)

Enjoy the phone and the big performance step up you will get from it.
    I am going to be honest with you - this is a large phone, LG have been clever with the design which means it doesn't feel as big as it actually is, but it is still a big phone.

Big phones are not going to suit everyone, if you were happy with the small size of the S3 Mini then chances are you will decide that this phone is too big for you, but give it a try first.

I owned the Note 2 when that was released and had it for 3 months before deciding it was too big for me (but was concerned from day one!), I have had no such thoughts so far with the G3, its design fits my hand perfectly, it doesn't feel as big as other large phones do and for that reason I believe I will be happy to keep it.
    Naaa its perfect ;) big screen in a compact body is hard to find. U will properly get used to it after a short while and then want bigger haha
    That's what she said?

Hahaha