[REQ]Battery % and notification bar toggles for stock rom

Search This thread

Finishure

Dec 29, 2008
New York
So ive been checking the theme/app section just about everyday hoping that someone would make a flashable zip for these mods and there looks like there hasn't been progress or advances in trying to. Now i know there are other threads asking the same for these mods but there hasnt been much activity in them.most threads where answered with apps so basically what im asking is, is there a dev that is willing to work up mods for a accurate battery percentage in notification bar as well as setting toggles in pull down.Thanks

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont
So ive been checking the theme/app section just about everyday hoping that someone would make a flashable zip for these mods and there looks like there hasn't been progress or advances in trying to. Now i know there are other threads asking the same for these mods but there hasnt been much activity in them.most threads where answered with apps so basically what im asking is, is there a dev that is willing to work up mods for a accurate battery percentage in notification bar as well as setting toggles in pull down.Thanks

Yeah, man sorry I haven't made much progress with the 1% mod there, I'm try to read the Atrix forums for help and researching, but haven't had a lot of time. Maybe you can assist?

mrinehart93

Oct 11, 2009
Chicago
Back when I had the HTC Hero I had done a %battery mod for it. It was pretty easy afaik but I don't remember how to do it... I could try and look into it though

Reactions: KTT16

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont
Back when I had the HTC Hero I had done a %battery mod for it. It was pretty easy afaik but I don't remember how to do it... I could try and look into it though

I really appreciate the help here. Just to start, I went through UOT to grab a file that I could zip. I was thinking of decompiling the framework apk's and modding the stats_sys_battery.xml file, recompiling, and rezipping it up and then flashing that. I wasn't sure if that was going to work, but I'm a noob, so it was my first crack at it.

Best,
K

mrinehart93

Oct 11, 2009
Chicago
I really appreciate the help here. Just to start, I went through UOT to grab a file that I could zip. I was thinking of decompiling the framework apk's and modding the stats_sys_battery.xml file, recompiling, and rezipping it up and then flashing that. I wasn't sure if that was going to work, but I'm a noob, so it was my first crack at it.

Best,
K

I think the stats_sys_battery.xml file sounds about right. I know you need to use baksmali and smali to edit them though. I'm in class right now but I'll look at it a little later.

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont
Sweet..let me know if you need anything from me.

Cheers,
K

KTT16

Aug 26, 2011
Fremont
Yeah...i remember reading that. And I think I mentioned that on my other post...yeah maybe just running that rom would be easiest...

Finishure

Dec 29, 2008
New York
Yeah, man sorry I haven't made much progress with the 1% mod there, I'm try to read the Atrix forums for help and researching, but haven't had a lot of time. Maybe you can assist?

No sorry needed man you guys as devs do this stuff with out getting paid half of the time and if u do its not nearly close to what you deserve. As far as me helping im just an android enthusiasts
No sure id be much help

Finishure

Dec 29, 2008
New York
Does anyone know if there has been any progress on the setting toggles in the notification pull down

section8ff

Mar 26, 2011
Houston
For what it is worth, I have been using the tiny battery app from the market, it is a homescreen widget but it gives the exact percent.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

edozier

Dec 22, 2010
Cincinnati
Been working on a batterymod but not successful yet. Bootlooping.

Once i get the kinks worked out it let ya know

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Edit: Was able to successfully decompile, add the images, xml files and recompile. The framework goes in and boots, but I only see the unknown battery icon. Something is wacky. Still trying though. Wondering if it is something will how moto pulls the stats. In the about --> phone it only shows in 10% inc. I'm trying to do the 1% inc.

Last edited:
Reactions: KTT16

Finishure

Dec 29, 2008
New York

Edit: Was able to successfully decompile, add the images, xml files and recompile. The framework goes in and boots, but I only see the unknown battery icon. Something is wacky. Still trying though. Wondering if it is something will how moto pulls the stats. In the about --> phone it only shows in 10% inc. I'm trying to do the 1% inc.

Thanks for all the work man!

Finishure

Dec 29, 2008
New York
Any news on this mod? Nitro has it working for the Bionic guys.

Im waiting for this modd to but the bionic has a slightly different form of blur and a totally different processor wed be closer if they could port a mod from the atrix which the devs having been have been having a hard time doing.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using xda premium

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA
ok guys here is your accurate battery mod. Please test it out and let me know if it works. I am not sure if the zip will flash correctly on your phone but if not just take the files out and push them and set permissions. I do not own a photon so I cannot test this out.

First boot will take longer than normal.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kmdfgr8i94y3830

Last edited:

Yay 4 Juggs

Apr 1, 2007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok guys here is your accurate battery mod. Please test it out and let me know if it works. I am not sure if the zip will flash correctly on your phone but if not just take the files out and push them and set permissions. I do not own a photon so I cannot test this out.

First boot will take longer than normal.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kmdfgr8i94y3830
    Sorry guys. I have been sick over the past few days. I will play around with this some more later today.
    You cats still looking for the notification toggles? Search it in Play ("Notification Toggles"). Made by XDA developer j4velin, works great on Electrify (Photon). I think the icons are a little ugly, but he also has a helper app that lets you pick others, and I've done so. Love it! And it's free.

No root or anything fancy required to do this. I put this on my wife's phone, and she won't even change her launcher. Pretty much everything is stock there.