[Q] Loss of root after flashing ?????????

Search This thread

Graham Dougherty

Jan 3, 2012
Orlando
I keep losing root access after flashing 2.3.3 roms. I have some 2.3.3 roms in recovery that work fine. Is it required to flash a new superuser when I flash a new rom setup? If so what order do i flash? 1 flash formatt all zip 2 flash rom 3 flash kernel 3 flash gapps 4 flash gps fix .zip??? I Originally rooted using unrevoked 3 then ran CM6 snap to CM7 to OMGB Fresh ect. no problem. Now some GB roms CM7.1.0 and numerous Sense roms come up after flash no ROOT access.

Reactions: bossman1

bossman1

Jan 27, 2012
need help.. plz

im searching and searching the thread for answers, but i cant seem to find one that fixes my evo's root. i recently had the newest stock rooted rom and everything was working fine even the root.. today i flashed to ics 4.0.3 from deck and i seem to have lost root access.. supposedly my phone is still rooted, and i do believe it is, since superuser works and everything, but when i open titanium back or any other app that needs su persmission, i get access denied.. my head hurts.. and if i miss anything i would appreciate it if anyone can guide me in the right direction.. thanks. ps. i tried installing an older version of su from recover, but that didnt do much difference.. it still doesnt work

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9
im searching and searching the thread for answers, but i cant seem to find one that fixes my evo's root. i recently had the newest stock rooted rom and everything was working fine even the root.. today i flashed to ics 4.0.3 from deck and i seem to have lost root access.. supposedly my phone is still rooted, and i do believe it is, since superuser works and everything, but when i open titanium back or any other app that needs su persmission, i get access denied.. my head hurts.. and if i miss anything i would appreciate it if anyone can guide me in the right direction.. thanks. ps. i tried installing an older version of su from recover, but that didnt do much difference.. it still doesnt work

http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip flash this in recovery dont ask what it is just flash

Reactions: bossman1

bossman1

Jan 27, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I keep losing root access after flashing 2.3.3 roms. I have some 2.3.3 roms in recovery that work fine. Is it required to flash a new superuser when I flash a new rom setup? If so what order do i flash? 1 flash formatt all zip 2 flash rom 3 flash kernel 3 flash gapps 4 flash gps fix .zip??? I Originally rooted using unrevoked 3 then ran CM6 snap to CM7 to OMGB Fresh ect. no problem. Now some GB roms CM7.1.0 and numerous Sense roms come up after flash no ROOT access.
    You have to go to the SU app and enable permissions. You're not losing root.
    If SU isn't baked into the rom that you flash, you have to get it from market like hip kat said

Sent from my DECK'ed out EVO

http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip flash this in recovery dont ask what it is just flash