[MOD] Take photos with the R button - Now on the market!

Search This thread

mamallica

Apr 26, 2009
Toronto
I have to tell u this was my dream! Thank you soooooooo much! Its amazing. Works fine. Had to restart after removong the original one. Thanks thanks thanks!

Now im wondering if you can do this with other apps as well. Physical buttons are always a blast.
Lets say for music player... Use them to go to next or previous one.
And if u can put something jn for L1 IN CAMERA. Like led on/off or switch to video....

We wilk appropriate u. Make a donate version or give us a paypal address. ;-) thanks

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

Zoop57

May 8, 2011
Can any one confirm this issue isn't just my phone, when you open a menu does the icon go completely white instead of being highlighted?

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Noodle1545

May 25, 2011
This is seriously good work thanks :D

Any chance of working to port the Arc camera app to the Play?

Widescreen shots would be so good on a native play camera based on the Arc/Neo one.

d31b0y

Jan 28, 2009
Excellent. I was just thinking that this would be a great feature the other day.

Thanks for your work.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Zoop57

May 8, 2011
I won't be able to do much till the weekend but anything you guys want fixing on this minus the graphic glitches that I will fix. Or maybe there are other apps that might need modding.

Zoop57

May 8, 2011
Now uploading v5 this has every issue i am aware of fixed so unless more issues come up this is the final release. I will next be working on a app that allows R and L to be mapped to back and forward music buttons rather than modding the stock player so the buttons can be used with ANY media player.

svenk919

Oct 12, 2008
Enschede
If you accept feature requests, maybe let the L button just focus without taking a picture? I often decide not to want a picture after I've seen the focused image.

hurikan23

Sep 6, 2010
Eger
www.seria.hu
?

Ga is out of order so I rename the downloaded file SemcCamera -nak and I overwrite the old one RootExploreren accross?

NonRoot version that settlement? We cannot delete it if Root is not and to overwrite neither the factory one Camera.apk-t.

Clyzm

Jun 28, 2010
Toronto
thanks to the generosity of the members of this forum i have been able to pay the license fee for becoming an android developer and have put this on the market, enjoy! https://market.android.com/details?id=seb.camera.mod&feature=search_result

Ive also managed to fix the blurry fonts in this store version, it still remains free tough. Next on the list, L as focus.

Put up a second version on the market that lets us donate. I'd definitely send you a buck or two for this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After reading a thread on here before about this is (which i cannot find again) I decided to get to work to make this work, and after a little bit of poking about i managed to get it to work!

The app is now on the market! either search for "xperia play camera" or you use this link https://market.android.com/details?id=seb.camera.mod&feature=search_result.

The instructions are now obsolete but im keeping them there for completeness.

Installation Insturctions
    1. Backup the original camera application with a root application manager e.g. titanium backup
    2. Then delete the original camera app
    3. Reboot your phone
    4. Install the .apk from below

If you have a previous version installed you do not need to delete the old one or reboot just install as you would any other app

Version history
    v5 - fixed remaining issues this is the final version as of time of writing please report any issues.
    v4 - fixed video mode and added non root version
    v3 - pictures now taken on release of R1 and menu position fixed
    v2 - Decreased menu size by about 40% and fixed minor graphical glitches with menus
    v1 - Original release, has VERY large menus

Hope you guys like it!
    Now going to update the original post with v2 that fixes the graphical glitches with the on screen hud. The pop-up menus have been decreased in size but still remain larger than the insanely small ones the original menu had. This version can be installed over the top of v1 like a normal app with no fuss.
    I guess its time for v3 ;) that shouldnt be hard to do and I shall try fix the video mode too.

Looks like I've got my hands full, this is all googles code from the android git so its not my fault. The blurry font is because the font is larger than usual as it was TINY before, ill fix the menu locations though if I can and make the shutter button work right.

Edit: v3 is up now and it has the menu placement fixed and now focuses on pressing R1 and takes the picture when released. Still to fix video mode and can anyone let me know if their on screen shutter remains highlighted after taking pictures. It would also be interesting if anyone were to investigate the blurry image claim to see if its true.

how to copy the libs and paste it on system file?

What do you mean?
    I just installed v3 it works great, the shutter button does stay highlighted and as for the pictures I don't think they are blurry at all they clear on mine

Thanks, ill try fix that issue even if i have to change the image it uses, i cant find what's causing it, but at the moment its got low priority.