d2-tmo/att/vzw-ICS/JB[017]kernel for AOSP/AOKP/CM9/10.1 ROMs[Mar-12] + FauxSound

Search This thread

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Loved your work on my GNex, nice to see you kicking around the GSIII world.

I, being the fearless flasher that I am, went ahead and flashed this on my Verizon SGSIII. :cowboy:

I already knew that AT&T kernels worked, and since this was TMO/ATT, I thought it was worth a shot. :p

I am very pleased to report that it works great. No problems that I have been able to see thus far. :cool:

I understand you are not specifically supporting the d2vzw at this time, but if it works, it works, right?

Anyways, thanks for your work! :highfive:

All the us gs3's should be able to run the same kernels.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

}{Alienz}{

Jul 22, 2010
Colorado
OnePlus 9 Pro
Can anyone post some benchmark numbers with this kernel and jelly bean?

I wonder if it makes a difference with the CPU performance. To date, CM10 has only seen about 40-60% of the CPU performance seen on stock TW ICS. Reportedly this was due to Qualcomm optimizations. I wonder how JB does with this (@1.5Ghz and @1.8Ghz)

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
Humm, I need to check this out, going to wait till CM guys get the Echo out of the JB Rom's and then , I will update! can't wait..looks good!

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
Some1 asked for a benchmark.. here's a quicky with Antutu with mainline version.

I am the 2nd highest in the category for SGS3 (USA versions) @ only 1.62 GHz

Screenshot_2012_08_23_22_14_32.png

escknx

Nov 19, 2008
AOKP+this kernel is the fastest solution I found. Also it's stable enough.
FreeGS with stock version of this kernel gave me about 7000.

motoman234

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hey thanks for the JB update Faux. Everything is running great. I've tried a couple of the other kernels floating around and nothing compares to the stability of this one. There has been some important code merges since the 21st so I'm excited to see your next version :).

stncldtex

Jan 13, 2011
Ca
Flashed over Whitehawks AOKP and got a strobing effect during the boot animation
Had to do a bat pull and flash a back up. Anyone else see this?

Custodian

Feb 27, 2011
Hey faux is it me or does interactive run a lot smoother than on demand? I'm on the sprint variant

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

scriller

Jun 21, 2010
tried .14u, i'm stuck start up animation, do a restart cleared all caches and restart, I get stuck at the adroid is upgrading: starting apps screen. can't seem to finish starting up. i'm using jelly bean cm10 based rom. I tried the 1.83 version. .13u worked fine for me but .14u has problems.

I'll redownload and try again.

Jigga0o7

May 31, 2009
SF Bay Area
www.twitter.com
tried .14u, i'm stuck start up animation, do a restart cleared all caches and restart, I get stuck at the adroid is upgrading: starting apps screen. can't seem to finish starting up. i'm using jelly bean cm10 based rom. I tried the 1.83 version. .13u worked fine for me but .14u has problems.

I'll redownload and try again.

Perhaps you're accidentally using the ICS 14u kernel? I did that on accident & the same thing happened to me.

scriller

Jun 21, 2010
Perhaps you're accidentally using the ICS 14u kernel? I did that on accident & the same thing happened to me.

using the right one, SGS3-ATT-TMO-kernel-jb-cm-014u.zip

now I'm about to try the -14m version to see if that one works.

EDIT: it seems 014m doesn't work for me either. strange. does any of the jelly bean kernel works for anyone?
I guess for now I'll be reverting back to 013u.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

**************** JELLY BEAN ****************
    [ kernel file ]
    d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Mainline (OC'ed up to 1.62 GHz, should be 100% stable) m-version
    d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Ultimate (OC'ed up to 1.84 GHz, should be stable with most phones) u-version

http://faux.androidro.ms/d2tmo/jb42/
    http://faux.androidro.ms/d2vzw/jb42/

**************** ICE CREAM SANDWICH ****************
    [ kernel file ]
    The File ==> d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Mainline (OC'ed up to 1.62 GHz, should be 100% stable) <==

The File ==> d2tmo/att kernel cyanogenmod Ultimate (OC'ed up to 1.84 GHz, should be stable with most phones <==

1. download the above file (via phone directly or to a PC)
    2. copy the downloaded zip file to /sdcard/download/
    3. Open ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery" and select "OK"
    4. Once in recovery, select "wipe cache partition", select "Yes", then select "advanced", then select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", then select "Yes" again. Once finished, click the back button to go back to the main recovery menu. On that menu, select "Install Zip From SDCad", then select "Choose zip from SDCard", then go to /sdcard/download and select the downloaded zip file and let it run its script.
    5. Once the script is done, select "reboot system now"

Note: After FLASHING, the first reboot may take longer than usual, please be patient... After the first reboot, it may lag during initial load (let everything finish loading). Once everything is loaded and phone is ready for use, reboot the phone a 2nd time and the lag will be gone and everything should be silky smooth...

[ Advanced Users: ]

[ Optional: ]

[ For Kernel Devlopers ONLY: ]

Not All CHIPS ARE CREATED EQUAL

Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

My github Complying with GPL and RootzWiki rulez
    biggrin.png

Follow me on :

If you find this Kernel useful, feel free to hit the [Thanks] button below
    Quick Announcement:

I am redoing ALL of my SGS3 kernels.. please be patient.. "I'll be back" quoting ARRRRnold!
    Updated! CM 10.1 kernels are out!