Help phone wont start after white screen.

Search This thread

devonjerothe

Apr 30, 2014
ok so first of all im on rooted 4.4, it was working fine for about 2 months. last night i left the phone charging as it was at 10% i woke up this morning and unplugged it as soon as i unplugged it the whole screen went white and stayed there for a while. I had to hold down home and power button to turn it off. now it wont turn on at all even when i plug it in the LED doesn't even come up. i am under warranty but im rooted im worried that if they end up fixing it and see that im rooted ill be charged.

4ndroid99

Apr 6, 2014
New York
ok so first of all im on rooted 4.4, it was working fine for about 2 months. last night i left the phone charging as it was at 10% i woke up this morning and unplugged it as soon as i unplugged it the whole screen went white and stayed there for a while. I had to hold down home and power button to turn it off. now it wont turn on at all even when i plug it in the LED doesn't even come up. i am under warranty but im rooted im worried that if they end up fixing it and see that im rooted ill be charged.

Have you tried booting into safemode?

If you're willing, use odin to restore back to stock. Odin will get rid of root and put your phone back to 100% factory state. Keep in mind your personal data will be lost. After that, if you still run into problems, take it to AT&T warranty center if you want, they won't know your phone was rooted before.

devonjerothe

Apr 30, 2014
Have you tried booting into safemode?

If you're willing, use odin to restore back to stock. Odin will get rid of root and put your phone back to 100% factory state. Keep in mind your personal data will be lost. After that, if you still run into problems, take it to AT&T warranty center if you want, they won't know your phone was rooted before.

that's the problem I can connect to odin. my phone shows no sign of boot not even to safemode. so I can connect to odin, im hoping its a fried board that way they cant fix and find out its rooted. but Idk I want to know if its something else before I call them.