Fixed service dropping and locked LTE

Search This thread

dark_intel

Jan 15, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I finally got LTE locked on with Telus other users confirmed Rogers, AT&T and Bell(thanks) . No service disconnections, even while on wifi.
The problem I see is conflicting settings while flashing roms/modems. This seems to be the only fix. I'm pretty stoked I figured this out because I was about to switch back to my s2x out of frustration.

This took a lot of trial and error, literally had nothing to go on and no where in particular to start. Enjoy.

MAKE SURE YOU ENABLE LTE TOGGLE IN ROM AND HAVE IT ON BEFORE STARTING.

1. Network mode(settings/wireless & networks, more/ mobile networks/ network mode) set to gsm/lte/wcdma
2.Phone setting in test mode *#*#4636#*#* set to lte/gsm
at&t / rogers should select gsm/lte/cdma in test mode
3.Recovery flash latest modem mumLL1
(at&t users flash ucdlk3)
Wipe cache/dalvik
4 . Reset. Give it a couple mins to ask the network for lte.

If you disable Lte(through toggle) and want to use 3g/H+ for battery saving, the only way I've been able to reconnect to it; is to re enable(toggle) and reset, wait a couple mins to connect.
Side note: depending on your 4g service area, it may bounce around 3g/H+ which is normal.

When you place a call it will drop to 3g (the believed reason for this is that the phone knows you won't need heavy data so falls back to ease up on the battery during calls) but will reconnect a couple mins later. Our phones are slow to negotiate Lte connections with the radio testing sockets and network stability before committing, so be patient.

Let me know if this works for you and which network. Thanks.

Modems can be found here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34397816

Last edited:

dark_intel

Jan 15, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Re: Fixed service droping and locked LTE

To check if it worked. Go into test mode and it should say Lte in network type.

Xda I747

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362427948067.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362427948067.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,435

dark_intel

Jan 15, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Yes everything works. I can unselect lte in my toggles and it drops to 3g/hspa. When I re-enabled lte I noticed that I have to make sure in network settings lte/gsm/wdcma is selected and reset phone.

Xda I747

Last edited:

dark_intel

Jan 15, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Which rom are you on? Should be up in your toggles. Basically it changes you network settings from cdma/gsm to lte/gsm/cdma. But it conflicts sometimes.

Xda I747

Last edited:

jmatt64

Feb 26, 2013
No Test Mode using CM10.1 ROM

I finally got LTE locked on with Telus other users confirmed Rogers, AT&T and Bell(thanks) . No service disconnections, even while on wifi.
The problem I see is conflicting settings while flashing roms/modems. This seems to be the only fix. I'm pretty stoked I figured this out because I was about to switch back to my s2x out of frustration.

This took a lot of trial and error, literally had nothing to go on and no where in particular to start. Enjoy.

1. Network mode(settings/wireless & networks, more/ mobile networks/ network mode) set to gsm/lte/wcdma
Wipe cache/dalvik

If you disable Lte(through toggle) and want to use 3g/H+ for battery saving, the only way I've been able to reconnect to it; is to re enable(toggle) and reset, wait a couple mins to connect.
Side note: depending on your 4g service area, it may bounce around 3g/H+ which is normal.

When you place a call it will drop to 3g (the believed reason for this is that the phone knows you won't need heavy data so falls back to ease up on the battery during calls) but will reconnect a couple mins later. Our phones are slow to negotiate Lte connections with the radio testing sockets and network stability before committing, so be patient.

Modems can be found here

Ok sounds promising but unable to get my ATT phone running ROM cyanogenmod10.1 03/04 nightly into Test Mode using the keypad code provided. This does work for stock ROM phones. Do you know any other way to get into the test mode?

jmatt64

Feb 26, 2013
I'm on CM10.1 not stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

dark_intel

Jan 15, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Yeah I'm pretty sure everyone is using cm10 or aokp. Not sure if stock is having these problems. If they were I'd be on the phone yelling at Telus.

Xda I747

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.
So let me get this right. This fixes the signal jumping around on cm10/aokp ROMs?? That's the only reason I stay on a stock based rom. I'm tired of seeing my signal jump back and fourth from 4g to 3g etc. On stock I always have a rock solid signal. It does not jump around..... Thanks in advance...

jmatt64

Feb 26, 2013
Any alternative way to get into "test mode" other than using the keypad? :confused:

dark_intel

Jan 15, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Sorry man, I tried looking around for a way. Could be the rom you're on. I know Liquid and Carbon are fine. Probably a couple more that I don't even know of, others have success with.

Xda I747

countrylife

Nov 4, 2012
Texarkana, Texas
So let me get this right. This fixes the signal jumping around on cm10/aokp ROMs?? That's the only reason I stay on a stock based rom. I'm tired of seeing my signal jump back and fourth from 4g to 3g etc. On stock I always have a rock solid signal. It does not jump around..... Thanks in advance...

stock lies to and shows 4G all the time, cm10 and show the truth. the s3 sets at 3g until data is needed then transfers to 4g

Reactions: Root-Maniac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Wipe cache/dalvik

Modems can be found here

Just make sure you help spread this thread like a bad STD, this is a huge problem affecting many!
    Try toggling lte off then data off. Lte back on and data back on. I noticed that different parts of the city I'm in dictate whether or not or how quick LTE will come back on after a phone call. I wish there was a way to know exactly what was going on.

Xda I747
    btw works on at&t
    Worked for me on Bell Mobility.

Edit: Running CM10.1 (latest nightly)