CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)(2012.05.26)

Search This thread

xaser66

Oct 4, 2010
Well i can only hope they release it. I just bricked my flipside. It's stuck in an endless boot loop and i cant get rsd lite to flash any sbf files because as soon as i plug it into the pc while in the bootloader menu, the flipside switches off and wont turn on until i plug it into the charger which then promptly resumes the boot loop. FML. :(

Hi!

Well, sadly I dont know how to help You better but I would like to share with you a trick that save me an XT 720 time ago when I got it bricked and the battery drained...

In such case and since I didnt have an external battery charger, I then test by using an usb cable, cut the female end, and split the wires... tehn I indetify the (+) and (-) leads and using duct tape I firmly stick the wires to the proper connectors on my battery and leave it connected around 15 min, and was maintain touching the battery to be sure that not heat too much... in that way I got my battery recharged and later I found a way to unbrick it...

So, I only share the trick if may be usefull since by the awful moto way of things in this details in some models if the phone is brick it tends to refuse to charge the battery in the normal way...

Good luck in unbrick your phone and best regards!...

Reactions: phapsubongtoi

isalandr

Feb 28, 2010
Questions and battery recharge suggestion

Question about the Android Market/Google Play Store: When I installed this CM7.2 onto my flipside, I discovered there is no Market or Play Store. Was this an oversight or intentionally left out, or did I do something wrong? When I try to install any version of the Market or Play Store, either they won't load at all and force close (Market), or load, run, and browse, but when I try to actually download and install anything, they force close immediately and then won't restart (Play Store). Is there a fix for this?

There are a number of applications that don't work right with mine (or stop working after a while), and I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my phone or a bug with CM7.2. Being unable to use the Market/Play Store makes things harder to diagnose as I have to downloadk APK files to the SDcard and then install them from there.

Also, the Wi-Fi Hotspot doesn't work properly, it gives an error and doesn't work. Is this a known issue or is there just something wrong with mine?

For those whose batteries have discharged too far and are now stuck in the bootloader low battery situation, if you can find a phone or device that uses a similar sized battery contact (and uses a similar voltage battery), it's a simple matter to connect the battery up and let it charge in the other device. I found that the Droid X battery contacts are the same as the Flipside, it just uses a much bigger battery. With a little ingenuity I was able to hold the battery in contact long enough to get fully charged so that I could unbrick my Flipside. Maybe others will have equal success with other devices.

phapsubongtoi

Mar 23, 2012
Question about the Android Market/Google Play Store: When I installed this CM7.2 onto my flipside, I discovered there is no Market or Play Store. Was this an oversight or intentionally left out, or did I do something wrong? When I try to install any version of the Market or Play Store, either they won't load at all and force close (Market), or load, run, and browse, but when I try to actually download and install anything, they force close immediately and then won't restart (Play Store). Is there a fix for this?

There are a number of applications that don't work right with mine (or stop working after a while), and I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my phone or a bug with CM7.2. Being unable to use the Market/Play Store makes things harder to diagnose as I have to downloadk APK files to the SDcard and then install them from there.

Also, the Wi-Fi Hotspot doesn't work properly, it gives an error and doesn't work. Is this a known issue or is there just something wrong with mine?

For those whose batteries have discharged too far and are now stuck in the bootloader low battery situation, if you can find a phone or device that uses a similar sized battery contact (and uses a similar voltage battery), it's a simple matter to connect the battery up and let it charge in the other device. I found that the Droid X battery contacts are the same as the Flipside, it just uses a much bigger battery. With a little ingenuity I was able to hold the battery in contact long enough to get fully charged so that I could unbrick my Flipside. Maybe others will have equal success with other devices.
you should install gapps for CM7, it includes Playstore. And the specs said that MB508 don't have wifi hotspot :D

jovanphilip

May 29, 2012
It sucks down power like crazy for no reason in the boot loader.. faster then a PC can charge it from my experience. Try charging it (while off) until it's full (or when you think it's full) and try again :)

Hi!

Well, sadly I dont know how to help You better but I would like to share with you a trick that save me an XT 720 time ago when I got it bricked and the battery drained...

In such case and since I didnt have an external battery charger, I then test by using an usb cable, cut the female end, and split the wires... tehn I indetify the (+) and (-) leads and using duct tape I firmly stick the wires to the proper connectors on my battery and leave it connected around 15 min, and was maintain touching the battery to be sure that not heat too much... in that way I got my battery recharged and later I found a way to unbrick it...

So, I only share the trick if may be usefull since by the awful moto way of things in this details in some models if the phone is brick it tends to refuse to charge the battery in the normal way...

Good luck in unbrick your phone and best regards!...

It's not an issue with holding charge (at least I don't think it is). When I plug it into the charger, it turns on and from there I can go to the bootloader. From the bootloader (or any time I plug it into the charger and it turns on) I can unplug it and it will remain on. It's ONLY when I plug it into the PC that it switches off immediately and refuses to turn on again until I plug the charger back in.

At either rate, I carried it into the store from which I bought it as my warranty still has 3 months remaining. Since they likely don't have the technical means to verify that I tampered with the software, they'll either return it to me fully repaired (unlikely) or give me a new flipside or another phone worth the same value.

When/If I get a new flipside, I'll donate it to one of the devs here on the forum for development. I've had my eyes on the galaxy nexus. :D

Everyone wins in the end.

Last edited:

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
you should install gapps for CM7, it includes Playstore. And the specs said that MB508 don't have wifi hotspot :D

Flash this ;) http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
And if you want a newer Google talk (think it comes with video chat), flash the above, then this on top: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-newtalk-signed.zip

No wifi hotspot/tethering is probably an issue with the ROM port.. I'll have to look into it when I get home

isalandr

Feb 28, 2010
Flash this ;) (URL removed)

And if you want a newer Google talk (think it comes with video chat), flash the above, then this on top: (URL removed)

No wifi hotspot/tethering is probably an issue with the ROM port.. I'll have to look into it when I get home

Thanks for the quick responses. I really appreciate the help.

Please forgive my newness to all of this, but I'm not sure what you mean by flashing those two files. I got used to supporting Android on my old Tilt (that was an adventure). This is my first foray into aftermarket software on my Flipside. I had more than enough trouble learning how to flash CM7.2 onto the thing in the first place. Especially when I ran into that dead battery issue. I thought I'd bricked the phone for good.

What's the recommended method to use the two files you listed? Do I open them in RSDLite, or unpack them onto the phone's SDCard somewhere?

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
Thanks for the quick responses. I really appreciate the help.

Please forgive my newness to all of this, but I'm not sure what you mean by flashing those two files. I got used to supporting Android on my old Tilt (that was an adventure). This is my first foray into aftermarket software on my Flipside. I had more than enough trouble learning how to flash CM7.2 onto the thing in the first place. Especially when I ran into that dead battery issue. I thought I'd bricked the phone for good.

What's the recommended method to use the two files you listed? Do I open them in RSDLite, or unpack them onto the phone's SDCard somewhere?

Copy them to the SD card and flash using recovery the same way you flashed the CM7 ROM package :)

isalandr

Feb 28, 2010
Flipside keyboard question

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, or the right thread I mean, but here goes anyway. So the CM7.2 keyboard map has the symbol key opening the input device menu, which only has the one keyboard entry. But this means that now I don't have access to the symbols like I used to. How do I change that? I really miss the symbols menu, and for certain daily tasks (like certain passwords), I genuinely need them. How do I get them back? Is there another keyboard keymap I can install?

jovanphilip

May 29, 2012
No, 3G itself works fine. Just calling with it enabled has problems

I don't think so. When I tested the ROM, I didn't have to disable 3G, and phone calls worked as usual. I didn't get 3G working of course. I was confused because I read that this had to be disabled to make calls, but it worked just fine for me.

mustafu

Aug 12, 2011
MI
Thanks for the responses. As long as I can at least switch to EDGE only, I think I'll be OK. Hopefully EDGE speeds aren't terrible. I use my Flipside on Straight Talk (ATT MVNO). Sadly, the stock Froyo ROM is so terrible, I would rather use CM7 on EDGE than that with working 3G.

jovanphilip

May 29, 2012
Thanks for the responses. As long as I can at least switch to EDGE only, I think I'll be OK. Hopefully EDGE speeds aren't terrible. I use my Flipside on Straight Talk (ATT MVNO). Sadly, the stock Froyo ROM is so terrible, I would rather use CM7 on EDGE than that with working 3G.

EDGE speeds are unbearable for me lol. I'd rather switch back to Froyo with 3G. :D

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
I give up trying to do anything for this horrid phone & the company that "supports" it.
I'll help out a bit with CM9, other then that I'm just done

mustafu

Aug 12, 2011
MI
I give up trying to do anything for this horrid phone & the company that "supports" it.
I'll help out a bit with CM9, other then that I'm just done

Unfortunate but understandable. Wasn't the kernel source the last missing piece of the puzzle to squash the last few bugs with the CM7 port?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 7 for Motorola Sage

Status CyanogenMod 7.2 RC0 (17.03.2012)

Changelogs:

Code:
    [B]2012.05.26[/B]
    fixed the GPS icon in the statebar

added some moudle to fixed some error

replace the radio,and test for the 3G problem,only test now,it may not work

OC fixed,you may need the touch bootmenu to open it

some other problem that I may not remember
    [B]2012.04.09[/B]
    fixed the LED 

fixed the camera

fixed the GPS but still not show the icon in the statebar

fixed the keyboard lights

fixed some small bugs

The 3G problem I may not know how to fixed,because the 800/1900 in China is EDGE.My phone worked on EDGE well. 

[B]2012.03.17[/B]
    fixed the sensors problem,the ProximitySensor and LightsSensor now can worked!

fixed the audio player problem

add the H.264 endoced,now it can play 720P without OC

The GPS can not work because it miss the location provider

The camera can work well but the video must turn to "Low" to work

Keyboard Light must setup in "Setting-CMSetting"to turn on

any other problem that i may not remenber

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Copy *.zip to sdcard
    2. Reboot your device in BootMenu/ClockWork
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    4. Install the *zip
    5. Reboot

Sources on github:

https://github.com/MagicDevTeam

Download:
    http://www.591fan.com/thread-6633-1-1.html

http://115.com/file/bej5e6oa#

Latest Google APPS

Sorry for my poor English!
    It should be 0 by default I think, change that to 255. I JUST finished downloading it, had major issues. One of the two mirror links was giving 404 errors, and the other was timing out ~20mb into the download. I threw it up on mediafire for anyone else having issues getting it (or for anyone too impatient to wait through the ~20k/sec I was getting here in the US :p).

http://www.mediafire.com/?r772bhx49uoc6u2
    According to this site, there seems to be a newer version available, dated 6/19:

http://www.591fan.com/forum-76-1.html

Google Translate is terrible, and it seems to need a 'Reading Access 10', whatever that is. Any way this newer release can make it over here, I wonder?

here is link : http://115.com/file/e785sovq
    WinSuk has asked Motorola for few months, but there has had no answer from them up to now

I asked for kernel source, not the boot loader...

For anyone interested, I tried again but a different way and got a reply... based on the other threads asking the same thing (for other devices), they release the source a few weeks after it's asked for
    http://sourceforge.net/motorola/discussion/opensource_feedback/thread/cd4e3368/

As for the boot loader, many people have petitioned/asked for them to be unlocked, and Motorola said they would - except there's only the Xoom (which is more or less a Google device) and a special version of the Droid RAZR unlockable.
    Maybe there will be hope with Google taking over (every Google device is made to be unlockable without any hacks/exploits)
    May be you will do this:
    1.replace the /lib/moudles/modem_pm_driver.ko

2.add the missing files in system/lib,like the librilswith.so etc...

3.change the build.prop in ril lines

you all can try this for 3G problem.I try it,but when reboot to the system,I can't get any sign.But this way is the only way to solve this problem.Maybe I foget some lib or any other files fo this change.I work on CM9 now,good luck!