[Q]Play Store No Connection

Search This thread

Lazereth

Sep 1, 2008
Dekalb
Then I'm confused as to what the issue may be then. Very strange. As long as you are not restoring anything from backup until after you've tested your Google Play account, then I have no answer to your issue. I feel bad that we can't help you any further. It's just weird and I've never heard nor seen this happen before, at least not where it was unsolvable, but at this point, I have no earthly idea what is going and why it only works for you under stock but not custom ROMs.

That's where I have been this past month, Thank you everyone for your help...

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011

you said you tried everything in those post i gave, but i just wanted to confirm.
did you try to make a new gmail account as your primary account?
that would confirm or deny, it is an issue with your account.
fresh install/make new account (dont add old ones until later)

edit, NEVERMIND, i see you did that, sorry.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011

it has to be something stupid.
im assuming when you are 100% stock it works fine? i would flash stock (use my utility in the dev forum) just to verify all the stock files are in good condition. not all files are changed by the rom. maybe its one that isnt that is corrupt, that's causing the issue.
try unchecking the backup/restore option in the google setup and see what happens.
don't let google restore anything.
maybe it is something in the restore causing the issue.

your internet connection (im assuming wifi at home) isnt using any kind of vpn or proxy right?

im going to keep making suggestions as i find them until we figure this out.

Lazereth

Sep 1, 2008
Dekalb
it has to be something stupid.
im assuming when you are 100% stock it works fine? i would flash stock (use my utility in the dev forum) just to verify all the stock files are in good condition. not all files are changed by the rom. maybe its one that isnt that is corrupt, that's causing the issue.
try unchecking the backup/restore option in the google setup and see what happens.
don't let google restore anything.
maybe it is something in the restore causing the issue.

your internet connection (im assuming wifi at home) isnt using any kind of vpn or proxy right?

im going to keep making suggestions as i find them until we figure this out.

It's 100% stock I always unchecked the backup/restore option. My home wifi isnt on a vpn or proxy I've tried the LTE and work wifi as well..
Do you have a link to your utility?

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
No stock is the only thing it works with.
That is the utility I used to install my stock rom..

ok, back to the all mighty google :)
something has to be restoring without your consent, im guessing this isn't a major issue for a lot of people?
that would change the possibilities.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry to revisit this but I still haven't found a solution to my problem. The screenshots below are the issues I have found. The first one shows "Location Reporting Not available in this region" I live in the U.S. so I'm not sure why I'm getting this. The second one, I am unable to turn on as well. The last one is what I get no matter what I tried. I'm good at following instructions and would consider myself very knowledgeable with my phone. As I stated in previous post, I only get these problems with custom ROMs, no matter what ones or what gapps I use. The screen shots are from CM11. If there is any info someone could use to help me, please let me know.

try uninstalling your google play services, rebootinto recovery and clear cache and dalvic cache then boot up and install this one.
    I tried it with all of them and still no dice... I really appreciate you helping with this!!!

there is some sort of play store fixer app here, also may want to check that thread, its about ps errors.

here is a few suggestions.

edit, fix date and time in settings menu seems to be a popular fix too.
    edit 2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAC...eature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_4250485923
    Yes I tried the one you linked to. All my installs have been fresh clean installs. I just use my backup to make my phone usable while trying to figure this strange issue out. I also created a new google account to see if it was an account issue but it also had the same problem.

Then I'm confused as to what the issue may be then. Very strange. As long as you are not restoring anything from backup until after you've tested your Google Play account, then I have no answer to your issue. I feel bad that we can't help you any further. It's just weird and I've never heard nor seen this happen before, at least not where it was unsolvable, but at this point, I have no earthly idea what is going and why it only works for you under stock but not custom ROMs.

UPDATE: As I think about this, and it might not have anything to do with your issue, but under custom ROMs that are AOSP-based, I am not able to stream any of my videos I've purchased via the Google Play Store, at least, I can't stream them (or watch downloaded videoes) on my phone directly.

However, I can stream them to my Google Chromecast with no issue. It's just watching them directly on my phone that I cannot do. YouTube works fine, as does Vudu, Netflix, etc. Only Google Play Movies will not stream directly on my phone, unless I'm on stock. Not sure if this is some copy-protection or something else? I've tried CM11 as well as Gummy and it doesn't work on either ROM.

So, maybe there is something to this? I have yet to find anyone else that has tried to watch a movie/video that is available via Google Play. If someone could try it (there are some free videos you can get via Google Play Movies/TV) and see if it works for you under CM11, that would be great.

I have no issue going to Google Play, purchasing apps, music and movie/videos. My apps and music play just fine, but I cannot stream videos directly to my phone (nor on my Nexus 7 table that is also currently running CM11).