Attachments

• froyo.png
    froyo.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:

vari9

May 4, 2011
Mumbai
They should have released 2.3 by now......but anyways.....I'm happy!

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

vari9

May 4, 2011
Mumbai
Would the bootloader be unlocked??.....can someone ask CB??

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
We almost have 2nd init working, so the bootloader unlock isn't needed.

Ok, terminology nazi here:
  • 2nd-init is what we already use.
  • 2nd-boot only works without the radio (no phone).
I don't think there has been any success yet getting the radio working even on A853 where 2nd-boot was pioneered. Baring a miracle, bootloader unlock is most definitely desired.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3rdstring
V

Vistaus

Yes, I meant 2nd-boot. Thanks for correcting me :)
I get confused every time b/w 2nd-init and 2nd-boot. When if finally works, I probably won't be confused anymore :p

eSu.Matix

Apr 21, 2011
Berlin
I don't see what's the big deal.Official Froyo.... whatever. I have fully working ROM with excellent preformance and fjkernal.
Go eat my shorts Motorola. And ty to Dexter, Khal, Mioze, Fj, reverendkjr and everybody else who are responsible for this.

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Hi this is Cincinnati bell this on their own and you care remember we still have same 2.1 kernel possible unlocked bootloader would be really but for Motorola they really suck.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA Premium App

c_urbanek

Aug 18, 2010
Cincinnati
Hats off to CincyBell

CincyBell making me proud! Hats off to them.... You don't see Verizon/T-Mo/Att doing this! they are doing this without Motorola's support. Wonder if moto will reverse course & offer their own upgrade once they are embarrassed by Cincybell.
Hope they include an updated Kernal, that will only make the Dexter/Khal roms even better!
:)

mediaon

Feb 27, 2011
Ruili
i don't get it, thw link is about a vdo clip says nothing but a dog gets wet, why is a dog have to do with xt720??

Reactions: syrenz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't believe all the negative posts on this!.. Yes, performance wise it sounds like a dissappointment.. But this is a bold move by CinciBell..... It has to put pressure on Moto to take a second look at the upgrade situation. I'm a CB customer and I won't be using this rom, sticking with Miui... But this is a huge embarrasement for Moto. Now maybe the can get us something official.... Stop being a bunch of whiners... Just sayin.
    Guys can someone please please do a mirror of this un multiupload please..? I've been tryn to downlpad it all day and I keep on getting stuck or my download cut short, I dunno maybe it's the dl server or something but I never get this when I download in the mirrors of all the other roms.. please guys.. anyone..

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using XDA App

Got a mirror here for anyone having trouble downloading, hopefully it helps!
    FB Question "Haha indeed it will! I was wondering about the deployment. A previous poster pointed out that the OTA update function on the XT720 fails with a "Connection Error". What will the procedure be to update?"
    CB Responce "The Cincinnati Bell update will require a hard connection."

Edit & its up !!!! http://cincinnatibell.com/milestoneupgrade/

And its a nandroid, there instructions include rooting the phone & restoring a nandroid through Open Recovery.

CB Upgade PDF
    Motorola has confirmed that bootloader to be unlocked it up to carrier to support it I believe it will be unlocked just wait for the update and will see.

Be very careful what you believe from Motorola PR, they're quite good at it. They have confirmed nothing.

Whatever the reality is, they're going to spin it as much as possible to protect the Motorola brand so that people will continue to buy Motorola phones. When you boil down their statements, they have no content. If Motorola is unwilling to make a precise enough statement that they could actually be sued over, they are not being sincere. They only ever offer just enough to calm down the angry hordes. I'm sure Motorola realizes that no matter what they do, XT720 users that are unhappy about 2.1 and the bootloader are unlikely to ever buy anything Motorola ever again.

I actually have mad respect for Cincinnati Bell no matter what they deliver. This was pure brilliant geek PR strategy. Motorola threw Cincinnati Bell under the bus. Rather than take that abuse, Cincinnati Bell decided to stand with us. The only way Motorola can save face in my book is if the July upgrade actually is a full build. Either way Cincinnati Bell is elevated to "folk hero" status in my books. If the update is not a full build Motorola will never ever get another cent from me or anyone I know for all eternity. That is their last chance, and it sounds like they've squandered it.