[Q] need stock hboot to replace ugly Junu...labeled hboot

Search This thread

jbeitel

Jan 26, 2007
In a Galaxy far far away
beitel.us
ok, so i went through the s-off process and completed it successfully. It asked me if I wanted to flash the jb-hboot.zip which I said yes. Now, when I boot into hboot it has this ugly pink bar accross the top that says "juno..." (the name of the team). I am currently on the new firmware running BAMF Evita sense 4. Is there a stock ics hboot or something i can put back in its place that will leave s-off, be compatible with new firmware and not give custom labels accross the top?

Please help....

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
ok, so i went through the s-off process and completed it successfully. It asked me if I wanted to flash the jb-hboot.zip which I said yes. Now, when I boot into hboot it has this ugly pink bar accross the top that says "juno..." (the name of the team). I am currently on the new firmware running BAMF Evita sense 4. Is there a stock ics hboot or something i can put back in its place that will leave s-off, be compatible with new firmware and not give custom labels accross the top?

Please help....

Technically, you could just reflash the leaked RUU then and you will still have S-off. Changing Hboots , won't affect S-off, Numerous threads have popped up with just radio's and Hboots to flash. Just be careful and don't mix and match Radios and Hboots to avoid trouble.

jbeitel

Jan 26, 2007
In a Galaxy far far away
beitel.us
Technically, you could just reflash the leaked RUU then and you will still have S-off. Changing Hboots , won't affect S-off, Numerous threads have popped up with just radio's and Hboots to flash. Just be careful and don't mix and match Radios and Hboots to avoid trouble.

do I have to relock anything like when I upgraded to the new ics firmware? I was hoping for a straight forware ph98img.zip flash. i know, thats lazy but easy.

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
IMO, leave it. Put up with eye sore. If the flash to the stock one goes belly up, you will brick the phone. Leave it til you need to go back to an S-On device.

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
IMO, leave it. Put up with eye sore. If the flash to the stock one goes belly up, you will brick the phone. Leave it til you need to go back to an S-On device.

Technically true, but really as long as he doesn't pull the plug while its loading the Hboot its not a great danger.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

do I have to relock anything like when I upgraded to the new ics firmware? I was hoping for a straight forware ph98img.zip flash. i know, thats lazy but easy.

I am pretty sure , their hboot is already relocked . So shouldn't have to relock , I went all the way back to GB and used the full exe RUU and relocked since I didn't know that it was locked initially and it ran just fine.

I would try without relocking , it will either run or fail before it starts doing anything.

Reactions: Snuzzo

Snuzzo

Dec 31, 2010
t.me
Thank you mjh. Yes it is relocked & again leave it as is. Trust me you will thank me later. No need for unlock codes anymore and just waiting for roms to be rebased and official OTA(not for the actual OTA but for kernel source if released).

Reactions: RLKirk

dmoses1969

Dec 30, 2007
Kansas
I know exactly how you feel. Cant make up my mind what I want to do either. Currently on ICS S-OFF displaying Tampered/Locked

Do I RUU back to GB and flash the ENG Hboot?

Do I go ahead and flash jb_hboot? And which one is it actually. There have been way to many threads and posts on S-OFF and a bunch of different answers.

Do I leave it alone and wait to see what happens with the next release?

In some ways it would be nice to be back on Hboot 2.11 and have ENG S-off but is it worth it? Wont really know until the next official release comes out.

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
you guys know how to frustrate a guy, geez. What a great world that everyone can have their own opinion. Now, who's do I want to have?

I am not telling not to flash, just telling you after S-off and using their Hboot it is already locked, but you can still flash the stock RUU. I did and haven't had any issues , but I didn't realize it was already locked so relocked and unlocked by HTC dev without knowing it . I am still tempted to flash the eng hboot , but not sure if I really have a need to.

jbeitel

Jan 26, 2007
In a Galaxy far far away
beitel.us
I am not telling not to flash, just telling you after S-off and using their Hboot it is already locked, but you can still flash the stock RUU. I did and haven't had any issues , but I didn't realize it was already locked so relocked and unlocked by HTC dev without knowing it . I am still tempted to flash the eng hboot , but not sure if I really have a need to.

whats the big deal with the engineering hboot? is it different or is that the standard one in the ruu?

Snuzzo

Dec 31, 2010
t.me
No need for unlock codes anymore

There is more difference than this(allows more commands to be ran in prompts) but with an ENG hboot, you can keep it locked and s-off, along with still being able to flash anything your heart desires. ALTHOUGH if you wish to go back to s-on, flash an RUU of your choice first. As when you do write secureflag and a few reboots on an ENG hboot, you could brick.

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Leave the hboot they give you. The tag might be annoying but it is better than having to re-unlock to use fastboot commands.

LakerStar25

Jan 25, 2011
LA
Why is un- re locking not ideal? It takes 2 minutes.

Sent from my v6 supercharged Rezound.

Scotty posted earlier if your S-OFF then unlock and relock again it will alway show relocked again unless you RUU then S-ON and then S-OFF again. If you S-OFF and don't unlock it and RUU it will say locked but its best to use the patched hboots supplied to be able to use certain fastboot commands that way you don't have to unlock and not have a problem with it saying relocked.

Sent from my ICS Rezound

Last edited:

AJMetal87

Oct 16, 2010
Scotty posted earlier if your S-OFF then unlock and relock again it will alway show relocked again unless you RUU then S-ON and then S-OFF again. If you S-OFF and don't unlock it and RUU it will say locked but its best to use the patched hboots supplied to be able to use certain fastboot commands that way you don't have to unlock and not have a problem with it saying relocked.

Sent from my ICS Rezound

Aside of the text difference on the bootloader and potential warranty comprimising, is there any other downfall?

JeffBea

Oct 11, 2010
Delaware, OH
I'm not trolling or trying to start a argument, but if that's a big deal to you to have the pink junabear banner across your hboot screen then you should have never s-off. I mean really. Who sits there and stares at the hboot screen and decides that it doesn't look good. Lmao.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Especially when the stock hboot uses the same color banner but says locked instead?

Via Rezound using XDA Premium

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
GB

Anyone who was on Gingerbread when the did S-Off does *NOT* have the Juououuoouououpnutbear logo; just standard Eng HBoot.

This would be me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not trolling or trying to start a argument, but if that's a big deal to you to have the pink junabear banner across your hboot screen then you should have never s-off. I mean really. Who sits there and stares at the hboot screen and decides that it doesn't look good. Lmao.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Technically true, but really as long as he doesn't pull the plug while its loading the Hboot its not a great danger.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

I am pretty sure , their hboot is already relocked . So shouldn't have to relock , I went all the way back to GB and used the full exe RUU and relocked since I didn't know that it was locked initially and it ran just fine.

I would try without relocking , it will either run or fail before it starts doing anything.
    Thank you mjh. Yes it is relocked & again leave it as is. Trust me you will thank me later. No need for unlock codes anymore and just waiting for roms to be rebased and official OTA(not for the actual OTA but for kernel source if released).
    you guys know how to frustrate a guy, geez. What a great world that everyone can have their own opinion. Now, who's do I want to have?

Leave the hboot they give you. The tag might be annoying but it is better than having to re-unlock to use fastboot commands.