Am I missing someting? Can't do a hard reset ...

Search This thread

aublumberg

Mar 6, 2007
Hong Kong
Trying to do a hardreset by following the manual ...

Press and hold the left SOFT KEY and the right SOFT KEY, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom of your device.

OK ... tried that ... but the device just does a soft reset and starts up normally afterwards. The left / right soft keys are the ones you use to select the associated menu / selection options in applications.

Note that the hard reset through the other route works fine:

1. [FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro]Tap [/FONT]Start > Settings > System [FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro]tab [/FONT]> Clear Storage[FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro].
[/FONT]2. [FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro]Type "1234" in the box and tap [/FONT]YES[FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro]. [/FONT]
[FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro][/FONT]
[FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro]Am I missing something here ...?
[/FONT]

gogol

May 20, 2005
I got same result.

However, you can do this :

1. Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Clear Storage.
2. Type "1234" in the box and tap YES.

I did that, and it hard reset the device nicely.

sherpa

Jul 29, 2004
USA
Trying to do a hardreset by following the manual ...

Press and hold the left SOFT KEY and the right SOFT KEY, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom of your device.

OK ... tried that ... but the device just does a soft reset and starts up normally afterwards. The left / right soft keys are the ones you use to select the associated menu / selection options in applications.

Note that the hard reset through the other route works fine:

1. [FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro]Tap [/FONT]Start > Settings > System [FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro]tab [/FONT]> Clear Storage[FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro].
[/FONT]2. [FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro]Type "1234" in the box and tap [/FONT]YES[FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro]. [/FONT]
[FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro][/FONT]
[FONT=VAOIKY+MyriadPro-Regular,Myriad Pro]Am I missing something here ...?
[/FONT]

Make sure you have both buttons pressed and held when you hit the reset button and don't let the buttons go until you see the screen flash again. Then, as soon as the screen flashes let the buttons go and you should see the reset menu.

aublumberg

Mar 6, 2007
Hong Kong
Make sure you have both buttons pressed and held when you hit the reset button and don't let the buttons go until you see the screen flash again. Then, as soon as the screen flashes let the buttons go and you should see the reset menu.

Tried that including numerous variations of how long to keep the buttons pressed ... doesn't work.

What exactly do you mean by "until you see the screen flash again"? Do you mean the screen first turning black, or do you mean the screen turning from black to the next screen with "smart mobility" shown in the middle?

Also can you please post your ROM details (mine are in the sig), thanks.

mhg2000

Mar 6, 2005
Note that the two buttons you need to press are not exactley below the screen - as the yes and no buttons are little curved to let you press it by mistake

aublumberg

Mar 6, 2007
Hong Kong
Finally ...

Yes the buttons really suck compared to the TyTN I unless you have miniscule girlie fingers ...

Anyway thanks for the pointer ... I changed tactics and pressed the keys with my right hand and making 100% sure that no other adjacent key is accidentally pressed as well ... use the left hand for the stylus to reset

Thanks! :)