[Q] Phone stuck at Sprint splash screen

Search This thread

Inphinity00

Jan 11, 2014
Phone was upgraded to 4.3. I rooted it, then tried to enable the hotspot, after following a tutorial (One I am now guessing was outdated) it will no longer load past that screen. I've tried wiping the data and cache and also flashing a new mk2 to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

dewrust

Nov 23, 2013
Sounds like it was an outdated hotspot mod.. restore a nanoid if possible.. If not flash the stock rom that's floating around it someone's repository and start over..
Sorry i cant dig it up for you I'm on my mobile

Side note: if you have a root browser in recovery you could see if the mod backed up the originals and just reinstate them.
System》framework. There should be the 2 files there services.jar. and another I can't remember atm. If the mod backed them up you should see .bak or .old added to them

Sent from my SPH-L720

Reactions: Inphinity00

Inphinity00

Jan 11, 2014
Sounds like it was an outdated hotspot mod.. restore a nanoid if possible.. If not flash the stock rom that's floating around it someone's repository and start over..

Side note: if you have a root browser in recovery you could see if the mod backed up the originals and just reinstate them.
System》framework. There should be the 2 files there services.jar. and another I can't remember atm. If the mod backed them up you should see .bak or .old added to them

Sent from my SPH-L720

How would I go about attempting to restore a nanoid? Yeah I am guessing it was oudated. I changed the services and the other one, but I dont have a root browser in recovery. I am taking a look for the stock rom right now.

Found it. Downloading it, will post back with how it goes after flashing it. Thanks for the help so far. School internet is slow so it may be an hour or more to download.

dewrust

Nov 23, 2013
How would I go about attempting to restore a nanoid? Yeah I am guessing it was oudated. I changed the services and the other one, but I dont have a root browser in recovery. I am taking a look for the stock rom right now.

Found it. Downloading it, will post back with how it goes after flashing it. Thanks for the help so far. School internet is slow so it may be an hour or more to download.

Try using xposed wanam to disable the tethering provision..

Wanam can be found in the play store and xposed framework is found in the forums

Sent from my SPH-L720

Reactions: Inphinity00

Inphinity00

Jan 11, 2014
It booted up, just set everything back up. Now to root it again and try what you said for the tethering. Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Try using xposed wanam to disable the tethering provision..

Wanam can be found in the play store and xposed framework is found in the forums

Sent from my SPH-L720
    Can I do that even though the phone won't boot past the Sprint splash screen?

I was referring to after you re flash a working stock rom.. The other option is to flash a near stock rom that has tethering already unlocked

Sent from my SPH-L720