[ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

Search This thread

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Thanks. Just want to know whether your mod will block the future OTA updates?

You have to do it manually as is a fresh install and OTA BLOCK hack is based on a modification of device manager and that info is contained in data so when you make a wipe of data device manager will come back to its real state.

I guess you have the titanium backup files proportioned here in the forum to Block OTA. Before you recover the modified device manager with Titanium Backup, freeze that app, then restore app+data and finally unfreeze it. That is the most reliable method so far, with it i have never get the OTA update.
This ROM contain Titanium backup so you don't have to install it.

~ Veronica

Reactions: sivasamraj.m

cgdash

May 31, 2009
Yeap and much more things but most of the changes can be applied with a theme chooser theme that im modifying.

~ Veronica

That's great! Everyone who I've shown loves what you did with the ribbons and the changed buttons on the bottom (home, settings, back). Putting that into CM7 will make it look very slick. The default icons and buttons in CM7 look (to me) very dated and blah.

Oh and I like your choice of font.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Getting there...

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :p

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329872129940.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329872129940.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 418
Reactions: cgdash

dermotti

Jul 20, 2010
There any way to go back to a standard font? The one in this one is a little hard omy eyes.

edit: figured it out, changed out the fonts in the /system/fonts directory

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jdyson209

Aug 21, 2007
Can't download face book and other apps not compatible. With nexus s any way around this?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

sickboy82

May 28, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Anytime I try downloading from the market mine reboots and now it keeps rebooting. Any insight on the cause is appreciated. I'm on your latest bloated version.

Sent from my OG Evo running AOKP using xda premium

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Anytime I try downloading from the market mine reboots and now it keeps rebooting. Any insight on the cause is appreciated. I'm on your latest bloated version.

Sent from my OG Evo running AOKP using xda premium

Mmm not sure, i never had that problem could be an app, a bad download. Boot into CWM wipe cache and advanced > wipe dalvik cache, reboot. Report back

~ Veronica

Reactions: sickboy82

mexigabacho

Jan 26, 2009
There any way to go back to a standard font? The one in this one is a little hard omy eyes.

edit: figured it out, changed out the fonts in the /system/fonts directory

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

Could you explain that a little bit? I'm looking to do the same. Where did you get the original fonts from? I definitely would like to do this.

sickboy82

May 28, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Mmm not sure, i never had that problem could be an app, a bad download. Boot into CWM wipe cache and advanced > wipe dalvik cache, reboot. Report back

~ Veronica

I tried the above each and suggestion multiple times, I even tried rebloating the stripped version which runs fine. Great work at any rate and if you have anymore suggestions Im game,

pissinguoff247

Mar 17, 2010
Fort Lauderdale
Best rom I've tried so far. My only complaints are the fact that there's no way to hide buttonsavior on the lock screen (nothing to do with the rom) and the fact eethaete widgetlocker crashes when I try to add a widget.

That widgetlocker things happened on my snowball rom too. It probably has something to do with the way they implement the widget picker. I'll be contacting the dev at tesla, they're usually pretty responsive.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Best rom I've tried so far. My only complaints are the fact that there's no way to hide buttonsavior on the lock screen (nothing to do with the rom) and the fact eethaete widgetlocker crashes when I try to add a widget.

That widgetlocker things happened on my snowball rom too. It probably has something to do with the way they implement the widget picker. I'll be contacting the dev at tesla, they're usually pretty responsive.

Try zMooth instead of button savior check it in the market.

~ Veronica

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

pissinguoff247

Mar 17, 2010
Fort Lauderdale
Thanks for the suggestion,
I ended up using home helper in widgetlocker to just block the home button. It doesn't get rid of the target icon but it does block it from doing anything.

I am having another problem though with widgetlocker. Any time I try to add a widget, it crashes. I think it has something to do with the way the activity picker is implemented and something missing from the NT. I've emailed the developer, tesla software, to see if they have any ideas. I can post the log file from the crash if anyone is interested/thinks they can help.

Thanks again,
Dan

Sent from my Nook Tablet

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion,
I ended up using home helper in widgetlocker to just block the home button. It doesn't get rid of the target icon but it does block it from doing anything.

I am having another problem though with widgetlocker. Any time I try to add a widget, it crashes. I think it has something to do with the way the activity picker is implemented and something missing from the NT. I've emailed the developer, tesla software, to see if they have any ideas. I can post the log file from the crash if anyone is interested/thinks they can help.

Thanks again,
Dan

Sent from my Nook Tablet

Sure post it up,maybe someone can help. The log file will be helpful for the dev of that app in order to fix the problem.

~ Veronica

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

Alright today i bring to you a faster way to have a fully functional stock ROM with all the addons and eye candy look ;) I have added a FULL version containing all B&N stock apps minus Keyboard and Mymedia (because those aren't good) so you can pick the one that best suits you.

PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER

What does this ROM provide?

* Root - Thanks Indirect
    * Busybox already installed
    * Ribbon Status Bar MDPI Mod
    * Build.prop changed to look like a Nexus S Mod
    * Working cifs, nls_utf8, slow-work, and tun modules - Thanks succulent
    * Adhoc wifi FIX - Thanks zambien
    * OpenVPN binaries
    * Removed some B&N apps including Stock Home Launcher just kept Library, Reader, Games, Pandora and Netflix
    * Changed Stock Hulu+ app with a modified one meant to work in most Android devices - Thanks blunttedsmurf
    * Comfortaa Fonts

What applications include?
    * Some apps have a Ribbon Notification Icon in order to match the Statusbar mod.

1. Superuser
    2. ES File Explorer
    3. NT Hidden Settings - thanks brianf21
    4. Go Launcher
    5. AdFree
    6. Gapps including Gmail, Youtube and Google Voice (apart)
    7. Button Savior
    8. Modified Hulu+
    9. Modified Email with working Exchange
    10. Titanium Backup
    11. IMO chat
    12. Go Locker
    13. Plume (Twitter)
    14. TaskXP
    15. MusicMod
    16. Quick Boot
    17. Gallery 3D
    18. Wifi ADB
    19. Antivirus Free
    20. Phantom Music Control
    21. SD-Booster
    22. FlashPlayer
    23. SpareParts
    24. Root App Remover
    25. Mclock

Installation:

1. Download the file: NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip
    2. Plug your Nook Tablet to your PC and check that Internal SDcard (MyNOOK) AND SDcard are mounted
    3. Copy NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip in the root (/) of Internal OR External SDcard (Pick one)
    4. Eject safely your Nook Tablet
    5. Boot into CWM
    5.1 Wipe data then go to advanced>> wipe dalvik cache, once done press power button to go back
    5.2 Go to Install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from sdcard (if you copied the folder to your External sdcard) >> select NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip
    5.2 Go to Install zip from sdcard >> choose zip from internal sdcard (if you copied the folder to your Internal sdcard [MyNOOK]) >> select NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2.zip
    7. The process will start, once done Reboot your device ENJOY!

Recommendation:

* Backup your apps and data using Titanium for easy restore back
    * Wipe data, dalvik cache before flash a new ROM - WARNING: it is safe to wipe/format data, cache, dalvik cache and system, DO NOT format the other partitions or you will brick your device
    * Bypass registration of Nook Tablet by Albert Wertz

Download Links:
    *These are flashable .zip

NT_stock_1.4.2_Ribbon_Root_B&N.zip - ROM with B&N content (318 MB) | md5: 0eb7a1dff67c5fe58be4c58b13f9abb2
    NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_B&N_v2 .zip - ROM with B&N content (300.8 MB) | md5: 1c7033fb9c6467c98c5a50cc167fee5e
    NT_stock_1.4.0_Ribbon_Root_v2 .zip - ROM with NO B&N content (284.6 MB) | md5: 9b909ce9d30feedbbde53ae367c861d5

Screenshot:

rom.png

My Setup:

mClock widget with markedclOck theme (must create mClock folder: /mnt/sdcard/mClock/ and then drop the unzipped files)
    PinsMusicMod widget (4x3)
    Phantom Music Control (There is a bug and the options doesn't show up but here is my setup)
    And lastly for the statusbar: [ICONS] Beautiful -= Ribbon Status Bar Icons =- [MDPI/HDPI]

~ Veronica​
    Update 15/2/12

Alright UPLOADING v2, will be a flashable zip now no more CWM backup folder and a standar Apk_Package_Installer.zip with:

* Androzip
    * Anycut
    * App cache cleaner
    * Dolphin Browser
    * ES Bookmark Manager (to create shortcuts of your media on desktop)

... These apps are included in the v2 of this ROM.

As i have mentioned in this thread with a flashable zip you get more flexibility.
    What does that mean? It means that you can delete apps that you don't want or add others by drag and dropping it/them within /system/app of the .zip

Edit: OP UPDATED!

~ Veronica
    Different but still no go.

1) The B&N reader & store are availible in the stock launcher but are missing in from Go Launcher. Is there a way to migrate the app from the stock laumcher?

2) Not as but an issue but annoying. The unroot app force close appears after every reboot.

3) The 'N' key at the bottom reverts the launcher back to the Book default. I think I know why & how to fix this one.

I was sure to clear the user data and cache this time!

1. Is normal and why you need to keep stock launcher, you can tap on a book and it will open directly with reader or prompt a window with the option to choose between reader and 3rth party apps that you have installed.
    To handle better the back and forth launchers use HomeCatcher.apk

2. Move the unroot app from /system/app to /data/app using a file explorer or just uninstall it if you think you won't need it with app for uninstall I have added

3. Use HomeCatcher

PS: Read my FAQ for tips

~ Veronica

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
    Just to let you guys know i update OP with a full version (means with B&N content already included) so you don't have to use the re-bloat if you want to have B&N content.

Also im almost done modifing a CM7 Soft-mod ROM with Ribbons ICS theme!

@cgdash now i understand your request and that function got deactivated once i change SystemUI and framework-res apps that i got from this thread and here you can see some modifications that users have made. PM @xecuter or post in that thread for help and hopefully it can be done.

~ Veronica
    Cool, gonna try it today! Could you add Morelocale also?

Hmm will think about it, next version will have the copy paste mod. Keep dropping suggestions people.

~ Veronica

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :p