HTC Repair Process

Search This thread

UgXvibe

Mar 7, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I had the M7 and sent it in bone stock for the purple camera issue.. I now have the M8 and need to send it in to have them look at my camera lens issue (lens distortion/scratches). I had a dialogue with HTC's Jason Mackenzie on Twitter and he told me it would be taken care of.. (praying).

Here is the thing.. this time around I got WeakSauce root and used Firewater to S-off.. I already re-installed the stock recovery and splash.zip.
I am still on stock ROM right now. I was told the it is OK to be unlocked for a cosmetic issue as long as i don't have any 'unsupported software' on the device (I guess because they do a factory reset when they get it).

Is there anything else anyone thinks I am missing before I send this baby in to HTC?

Thanks in advance!

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
If you're S-Off I would just lock the bootloader with scotty123 guide. Why risk an unlocked bootloader it takes less than a minute to put in a couple adb commands. When you get it back you can unlock it just as easily. Is there a tampered flag on hboot? Or red text on splash screen?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

UgXvibe

Mar 7, 2009
Raleigh, NC
If you're S-Off I would just lock the bootloader with scotty123 guide. Why risk an unlocked bootloader it takes less than a minute to put in a couple adb commands. When you get it back you can unlock it just as easily. Is there a tampered flag on hboot? Or red text on splash screen?

No tampered flag on Hboot, no red text on splash screen. I thought S-off was already unlocked? There was no HTCdev unlock on my Verizon version. It was blocked by Verizon.

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
No tampered flag on Hboot, no red text on splash screen. I thought S-off was already unlocked? There was no HTCdev unlock on my Verizon version. It was blocked by Verizon.

I have T-Mobile so I had to unlock bootloader first then S-Off. Looks like you're good to go then. What does it say on you're hboot at the top? Locked or unlocked? Didn't you have to unlock bootloader to flash a custom recovery or does being S-Off bypass that requirement?

Last edited:

UgXvibe

Mar 7, 2009
Raleigh, NC
S-off apparently unlocks the boot loader. It says unlocked but I never unlocked it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts