[MOD][ICS][GB] Transparent Statusbar with rearrangable Power Widgets! - Update ICS!

Search This thread

Aarush

Jan 11, 2012
New Delhi
FOR ICS(4.0.3)
I took the status bar from karabappel2548's ROM, which are made by hansip87, thanks to him :)
I tried it on stock ICS .562 and it worked like a charm, so i made a zip for it to flash it easily!

systemui.png

DOWNLOADhttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/71225529/Status bar toggles.zip

and for arranging/selecting the widgets download QuickPanelSettings.apk from attachments and install as normal apk!

FOR GINGERBREAD (2.3.4)

Requirements:
1. Rooted phone [.42] [.58] [.62]
2. root explorer!

flash this zip in recovery (thanks to sj.wasan)
OR
Follow these steps :

1] Open Root Explorer and go to /system/app scroll down and copy SystemUI.apk file to somewhere on your SDCARD.(Just as a Backup).

2] Download 'Power Notification widgets.zip' from attachments and Extract it on SDCARD.

3] Install QuickPanelSettings.apk

4] Copy SystemUI.apk(Extracted from 'Power Notification widgets.zip') in Root Explorer and go to /system. Mount the folder as R/W(There is a button on top right corner of Root Explorer)

5] Paste the file there

6] Change file permissions to (RW-R-R ).
Long press on systemUI.apk
click on permissions
check the following:
Owner: read, write
Group: read
Others: read

7] Now move this SystemUI.apk to /system/app and replace the existing one.

8] Restart your phone. Done. Now, You should have Statusbar Widgets. Use the QuickPanel Settings app to manage the Widget Buttons.

9] If it didn't worked on your phone or something goes wrong, replace the modified SystemUI.apk with the original one(The one which you copied on SDCARD as a backup).

ALL CREDITS GO TO: sj8023ld

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

THANK ME IF I HELPED YOU :D

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 21,542
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 21,232
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 21,092
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 21,101
  • QuickPanelSettings.apk
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,193
Last edited:

pedrotrebu

Dec 29, 2009
I want change the position of the accept bar under the icons. How could i do it?

Enviado desde mi MT15i usando Tapatalk

pedrotrebu

Dec 29, 2009
I'm sorry, i made a mistake. I want to modify the position of icons in xml files to move them a little because i don't like the position of the blue bar of each icon. When I translate to spanish, it crosses the text.

Aarush

Jan 11, 2012
New Delhi
I'm sorry, i made a mistake. I want to modify the position of icons in xml files to move them a little because i don't like the position of the blue bar of each icon. When I translate to spanish, it crosses the text.

i'm sorry dude, i dont know! try asking this question in the original thread!

Possibles corrections

Hello,

First of all thanks for the info, i have used this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352993, until i discovered this topic and try this one.
My phone is a Neo V and it works very well.

In your first post, where you explain the steps to follow in the process, i think you must exchange steps 5 and 6 and also modify just a bit steps 4 and 5(wich must be 6).

I mean:
-Step 4: Copy SystemUI.apk from SDCard, go to /system and mount it R/W (not /system/app because in /system there is no SystemUI.apk to replace), paste the file here.
-Step 5:Change permissions to rw-r--r-- just as you explained in your 6th step.
-Step 6:Copy the file from /system, paste it in /system/app and confirm the replacement and reboot.

Following this order you don't get into troubles like me.
Because if you replace the file before changing permissions you will get stuck in a endless looping dialog telling anything about an error, clicking ok and again getting the same dialog in less than a second. I finally get out pressing power button to show 'shutdown dialog' wich also was totally covered under the annoying looping dialog, i just started taping as fast as i could, until fortunatelly one of my 'taps' hit de shutdown option between the dissappearing and the appearing of the 'loopy error dialog'. After powering on again it just get missing the notifications bar, i went with RootExplorer to /system/app, finally change permissions and reboot again and... just fixed it.

Hope i helped.(and well... i'm not a native english speaker)

Salut.

Reactions: Aarush

Aarush

Jan 11, 2012
New Delhi
Hello,

First of all thanks for the info, i have used this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352993, until i discovered this topic and try this one.
My phone is a Neo V and it works very well.

In your first post, where you explain the steps to follow in the process, i think you must exchange steps 5 and 6 and also modify just a bit steps 4 and 5(wich must be 6).

I mean:
-Step 4: Copy SystemUI.apk from SDCard, go to /system and mount it R/W (not /system/app because in /system there is no SystemUI.apk to replace), paste the file here.
-Step 5:Change permissions to rw-r--r-- just as you explained in your 6th step.
-Step 6:Copy the file from /system, paste it in /system/app and confirm the replacement and reboot.

Following this order you don't get into troubles like me.
Because if you replace the file before changing permissions you will get stuck in a endless looping dialog telling anything about an error, clicking ok and again getting the same dialog in less than a second. I finally get out pressing power button to show 'shutdown dialog' wich also was totally covered under the annoying looping dialog, i just started taping as fast as i could, until fortunatelly one of my 'taps' hit de shutdown option between the dissappearing and the appearing of the 'loopy error dialog'. After powering on again it just get missing the notifications bar, i went with RootExplorer to /system/app, finally change permissions and reboot again and... just fixed it.

Hope i helped.(and well... i'm not a native english speaker)

Salut.

Oh i do the same steps as you said.. but wrote it differently! :p
i always put it in /system den change the permissions n then move it to /system/app !
I'll change it now! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FOR ICS(4.0.3)
    I took the status bar from karabappel2548's ROM, which are made by hansip87, thanks to him :)
    I tried it on stock ICS .562 and it worked like a charm, so i made a zip for it to flash it easily!

systemui.png

DOWNLOADhttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/71225529/Status bar toggles.zip

and for arranging/selecting the widgets download QuickPanelSettings.apk from attachments and install as normal apk!

FOR GINGERBREAD (2.3.4)

Requirements:
    1. Rooted phone [.42] [.58] [.62]
    2. root explorer!

flash this zip in recovery (thanks to sj.wasan)
    OR
    Follow these steps :

1] Open Root Explorer and go to /system/app scroll down and copy SystemUI.apk file to somewhere on your SDCARD.(Just as a Backup).

2] Download 'Power Notification widgets.zip' from attachments and Extract it on SDCARD.

3] Install QuickPanelSettings.apk

4] Copy SystemUI.apk(Extracted from 'Power Notification widgets.zip') in Root Explorer and go to /system. Mount the folder as R/W(There is a button on top right corner of Root Explorer)

5] Paste the file there

6] Change file permissions to (RW-R-R ).
    Long press on systemUI.apk
    click on permissions
    check the following:
    Owner: read, write
    Group: read
    Others: read

7] Now move this SystemUI.apk to /system/app and replace the existing one.

8] Restart your phone. Done. Now, You should have Statusbar Widgets. Use the QuickPanel Settings app to manage the Widget Buttons.

9] If it didn't worked on your phone or something goes wrong, replace the modified SystemUI.apk with the original one(The one which you copied on SDCARD as a backup).

ALL CREDITS GO TO: sj8023ld

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

THANK ME IF I HELPED YOU :D
    Work for me thanks :D

And i make updatezip for anyone to easy

download

normal_StatusbarWidget

transparency_StatusbarWidget

Original_StatusbarWidget
    bro can you make this one for ics ??
    i have it always used on 2.3.4

Yeah bro i have on ics, but they are not like these, a bit different but look good

Download : http://db.tt/dWOHIPHI
    Flash in recovery

Sent from my neo V
    Moved to themes & apps
    Hello, I've installed the SystemUI of this post (the one with stock icons) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25577760&postcount=114 but it has the time bug. Is there anyone who has that SustemUI with stock icons and bug free?
    Thanks in advance.

Maybe take a look here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26937508
    This is for ics 4.0.4

Sent from my Neo V with Supercharged ICS 4.0.4