AudioX - Louder One X Speaker Output - CWM Flashable

Search This thread

monkoid

Sep 26, 2013
Brussels
Hi,

This thread seems to address the exact problem I'm having with my HOX since the last OTA update.

Since this, in an effort to make my rear speaker louder, I have rooted and installed CWM recovery + Recovery HD 31.3 ROM, with pureXaudio and xLOUD... I've had no improvement what so ever on the speaker volume.

I just download and installed AudioX from this thread. Installation was successful but again, no improvement - it didn't change at all.

I didn't think it would change anything, but I did clean out the speaker using a toothbrush... and it didn't change a thing indeed, but that's out the way now...

Is there something I can do ? Is there a way to verify that the AudioX installation did indeed succeed ? Can I change the configuration somewhere manually ?

Here was my thread regarding this problem : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46497301#post46497301

Some people already sent me advises, links, and so on - unfortunately I've had no luck trying all those things out...

dominatordave

Mar 11, 2011
I am actually having the exact same volume problem outlined above. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

kemihansome

Mar 4, 2013
ABUJA, NIGERIA
Yeah....
I don't think HOXL can be louder than the default sound/volume,
Have tried many mods too.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Managed to put the AudioX settings into a flashable CWM.zip file.

Attached is the newest version which I have currently installed:

Disable Tru Bass effect.
    Limiter set to 0.150 instead of 0.250
    SRS3D Set space to 0.5 instead of 0.800

I decided to leave some of the limiter since having an uncompressed signal can harm the physical speaker.

This tweak means louder speaker output and no Trubass effect which is by default boosting the 400Hz area.

WARNING: I do not take any responsibility for broken speakers etc. When I tried the original edits the volume was so loud the speaker made some crackle noises. If you keep that volume level chances are you will destroy the speaker and then it will crackle even at lower volumes. The new version does have a softer limiter and the volume levels are good so I think the speaker is not in danger.

Attached is the AudioX.zip cwm installable and the Default_Audio_Settings.zip installable. If you don't like the result simply flash the second zip.

All the best
    I flashed this on a sense Rom, definitely made the external speaker louder, sounded nice and crisp. Flashed with twrp no problem

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    its a mod, not an app. odex or deodex dont matter
    The only way I can flash this is if I do it through CWM Recovery?

Sent from my Evita.

nop, it works with twrp too
    Installed on ViperXL ROM - effect is ear-shattering!! Start off with low volume as he advises... This is a really noticeable mod. Thanks!

so it works on the speaker? how did u flash? cause i flashed wiping caches and i didnt notice a difference