HTC DROID DNA Dock / Car Dock

Search This thread

MikaelPe

Jun 8, 2012
Stony Brook
DNA car dock in Verizon stores this week

If you have been waiting for the iBOLT xProDock for Droid DNA to hit the Verizon stores today is your day! Most Corporate stores should have them in stock as of now and they will be retailing for $39.95. With activate car-dock support and compatibility with all cases, including the Otterbox Defender type it should be a good deal. We are also working on a new video demo of the xProDcok, will post as soon as we have it ready.

philippecr

May 27, 2008
how I wish my International Butterfly have Wireless Charging.... that microusb port flap doesn't seems like it would last forever... and I wonder what solution HTC can offer for a car dock...

MikaelPe

Jun 8, 2012
Stony Brook
HTC car dock mode explained

I just posted this video on YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5FJ425R5U&feature=youtu.be It explains the HTC car mode functionality, a quick driving demo and features a quick review of a couple of leading "car-home" apps. Perhaps most important, at the end it shows how to clear the default car-mode app if you want to use a different one or have none at all. Hopefully you guys find this useful...?

Reactions: tgerbracht

sabinblitz

Jan 8, 2009
I just posted this video on YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5FJ425R5U&feature=youtu.be It explains the HTC car mode functionality, a quick driving demo and features a quick review of a couple of leading "car-home" apps. Perhaps most important, at the end it shows how to clear the default car-mode app if you want to use a different one or have none at all. Hopefully you guys find this useful...?

How does this hold up in cold weather conditions (20 degree Farenheit down to -10)? Some GPS mounts don't do too well in extreme temperature and since I'm in the NorthEast, I just wanted to make sure this would hold up if I left it in my car.

JTNiggle

Jun 6, 2010
Pac NW
Any eta on a wireless charging version or are you waiting for better technology?

Mikael, can you please respond to the above question? This is what we're waiting for! I can't imagine buying a standard car dock and missing out on one of the nicest features of this phone.

PS, what happened after I talked to you a few weeks ago? I never received anything and haven't heard from you since, wondering what's going on?

Reactions: tgerbracht

JTNiggle

Jun 6, 2010
Pac NW

So... Mikael... Wtf man? We haven't heard from you on this subject, what's going on?

Also, still haven't received the package you said you were sending my way, what happened?

Sent from the Home Depot toilet

tehknics

Sep 17, 2010
So... Mikael... Wtf man? We haven't heard from you on this subject, what's going on?

Also, still haven't received the package you said you were sending my way, what happened?

Sent from the Home Depot toilet

I'm curious too! I would have bought one by now if there was a wireless charging version available.

Oh and I wouldn't mind a package either haha.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

sniff1

Sep 23, 2010
No go at Verizon online store?

If you have been waiting for the iBOLT xProDock for Droid DNA to hit the Verizon stores today is your day! Most Corporate stores should have them in stock as of now and they will be retailing for $39.95. With activate car-dock support and compatibility with all cases, including the Otterbox Defender type it should be a good deal. We are also working on a new video demo of the xProDcok, will post as soon as we have it ready.

Went online at Verizon and the only one they have is for the S3.

tgerbracht

Jan 15, 2008
That just means the mount is powered through a cord, you will have to connect mount to phone. I have this by the way and its well built and not a hassle, I'm fine with it plus no worries about adequate charge through wireless.

MikaelPe

Jun 8, 2012
Stony Brook
iBOLT Driving app now in Google Play...

Hello all car-dock users! We here at iBOLT just posted our 1.0 version of the "Dock'n Drive" app (go easy on the reviews, give us a few weeks to update for whatever you find that you don't like..).

It's free for a limited time so take it for a spin and let us know what you think. It obviously works with iBOLT car-docks but also with any other holder/mount if you trigger the App and dock mode from an NFC tag. The user can set up to 18 favorite apps, direct dials, widgets etc. as large, easy to see icons. Calling a direct dial is a "1-touch" experience.

The Dock'n Drive comes with a highly accurate GPS enabled speedometer and Compass. Another good feature is the ability to turn on and off both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when phone is "Docked" and "Un-docked". Imagine stepping into the car from your home or office and the Bluetooth in your phone turns automatically and connects with the Bluetooth system in the car. At the same time Wi-Fi turns off and there's no annyoing messages about available network! When un-docking (stepping out of the car) the process is automatically reversed and Wi-Fi is again turned on and Bluetooth turned off. This is just one example of the great setting alternatives.

Currently Samsung Galaxy and HTC handsets feature the automatic triggering of "Dock-mode" when used with an iBOLT product like xProDock. Handsets from LG, Motorola, Sony and Nexus do NOT have the "Dock mode" turned on and offer no "home button" support. The app must therefore be started manually or via an NFC tag when using these brands.

For a limited time the Dock'n Drive is avaialble as a free download. Visit the Google App store and testdrive today! https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5pYm9sdC5jYXJob21lIl0. Have fun!

Shamrock13

Jun 7, 2010
PA
Hello all car-dock users! We here at iBOLT just posted our 1.0 version of the "Dock'n Drive" app (go easy on the reviews, give us a few weeks to update for whatever you find that you don't like..).

It's free for a limited time so take it for a spin and let us know what you think. It obviously works with iBOLT car-docks but also with any other holder/mount if you trigger the App and dock mode from an NFC tag. The user can set up to 18 favorite apps, direct dials, widgets etc. as large, easy to see icons. Calling a direct dial is a "1-touch" experience.

The Dock'n Drive comes with a highly accurate GPS enabled speedometer and Compass. Another good feature is the ability to turn on and off both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when phone is "Docked" and "Un-docked". Imagine stepping into the car from your home or office and the Bluetooth in your phone turns automatically and connects with the Bluetooth system in the car. At the same time Wi-Fi turns off and there's no annyoing messages about available network! When un-docking (stepping out of the car) the process is automatically reversed and Wi-Fi is again turned on and Bluetooth turned off. This is just one example of the great setting alternatives.

Currently Samsung Galaxy and HTC handsets feature the automatic triggering of "Dock-mode" when used with an iBOLT product like xProDock. Handsets from LG, Motorola, Sony and Nexus do NOT have the "Dock mode" turned on and offer no "home button" support. The app must therefore be started manually or via an NFC tag when using these brands.

For a limited time the Dock'n Drive is avaialble as a free download. Visit the Google App store and testdrive today! https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5pYm9sdC5jYXJob21lIl0. Have fun!

So when will this have wireless charging support? I'm trying to hold out hope for a dock that actually has that built in. Even though this looks great, it's lack of wireless charging is holding me back currently.

UltraMagnus0001

Aug 11, 2012
Is there a line out for an AUX in to feed the audio? The HTC DNA is on sale now at Amazon and I'm trying to decide between this and Galaxy s3.

Wireless charging is fine, but it charges extremely slow and you still have to plug it somewhere. I like how the Motorola dock was implemented for my droid3, it just plops right on the mini plug without having to fiddle with the extra step of plugging the power cord to the phone also.

Last edited:

UltraMagnus0001

Aug 11, 2012
I found this on Monoprice

102581.jpg

NeuroCrashJS

Sep 22, 2010
I too am waiting for a wireless charger. My Nissan cuts off power when I turn my car off so I can leave the dock always plugged in and simply slid my phone into the cradle when I get into the car. It may charge slowly but the convenience factor would be worth it. Besides, I use my car charger for GPS, not to charge my dead phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We at IBOLT will announce the DNA car-dock in the next week. It will work with all cases (even Otterbox Defender type) and you can turn it horizontal or vertical position with a very little of the Dock visible. The microUSB charging plug will trigger the HTC default car-mode (great app!) or anyone can download their favorite after-market app, type CarHome Ultra. Will post images within one week and link to availability.

Will it have wireless charging built in? Cause it doesn't sound like it when you mention usb. That would be a major fail for this product, imo anyway.

Edit: okay, I just saw in the other thread you mentioned wireless charging being built in, great news, get that thing out asap and I'll order at least 2.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
    HTC DNA with Otterbox Defender

All, here's some new pictures showing the new iBOLT xProDock with the Otterbox Defender case, which should be about the thickest case available. It works really well and as you can see on the pictures the Dock can be used as horizontal or vertical position, whatever your preferences are. The power cords are not shown in the images. You can can also see that the camera is completely exposes so for those of you that like to use the xProDock as a "dash cam" there's no interference from the holder itself.
    That would be a major PITA if it's just USB, as we would have to uncover our USB port every time we wanted to use the dock.

I would just buy a generic dock if it didn't have wireless charging, not worth the extra money otherwise.

No, but you can have a cable that you just plug in instead. This is designed to be a semi-generic dock with wireless charging built in. If that doesn't work, it wont be any different than other generic docks

Agree

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Over here, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34620722&postcount=85
    he said that they were testing the dock with wireless charging this week, let hope it works out, but it will still likely be over a month before we see them in our cars.
    iBOLT DNA car-dock available for pre-order

The new HTC car-dock is now in production and here is a link to the page where it can be per-ordered. When the wireless charging dock comes we'll send a nice discount coupon to anyone that has purchased this one (although wireless charging is slow when using a case). After much internal discussions (and reading all comments in XDA and Android Central about car-docks) we decided to go with a microUSB steel enforced arm on the side instead of doing a vertical microUSB "slide on" solution. The reason is that we felt a strong customer demand to make this new Dock compatible with Otterbox Defender, Ballistic, Trident type cases, which is very challenging otherwise. the rest of the features are: (with comment)

1. Spring loaded latch. Users told us they don't want to insert the phone and have to "fold down" the latch. This makes is a smooth 1-step motion to insert the phone. The opening supports phones up to 92 mm (essentially a Note II with a thick case).

2. Expandable feet to fit phones up to 18 mm thick. Adding an Otterbox Defender to an HTC DNA makes it twice as thick!

3. 17 mm ball joint mount on the back of the Dock. Turn any direction with one hand. The Dock also works with any mounting solution compatible with Garmin, type a dashboard mount etc. For anyone preferring a ProClip vent mount or KUDA leather mount type solution you can just add an AMPS mounting adapter and they will play nicely together.

4. Automatically triggering car-mode. The microUSB arm starts the HTC driving app (see pictures) but on Google Play there's several good apps, including CarHome Ultra, that can be used as a replacement "default" car-home screen.

5. A 9ft (2.7meter) USB charging cord is also in the box. This makes it possible to place the Dock on the left side of the steering wheel, where it is out of the way and within easy reach. This position is also "legal" in California. The other end of the cable plugs in to the USB port on the car. If you don't have one in your car, plug into a 12 Volt car charger featuring a USB port (which most people probably already have?).

6. Open back so the Dock can function as a "dash cam" without any blockage. We're amazed how many people seems to use this feature.

7. Compact and pretty stylish size. Much smaller footprint then even a medium size HTC phone. Users like you guys have told us that when the phone is not in the Dock you don't want a big "blob" of plastic obstruction the view.

Well, that's it folks! Price is $44.95 but a $5 off coupon code is 5OFF2012 until end of December. Feel free to comment and we'll do our best to answer any questions or suggestions.
    Looks great! Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but how do you run power to it from the ac to micro usb car charger? Where is the plug in on the dock? I'm going to buy one :)

The 9 ft cord (or any microUSB car charger if your prefer a short cord) plugs directly into the back of the Dock. Working on a video that should be ready next week where you will be able to see exactly how this works but the concept is to plug it in once and be done with it. The steel enforced microUSB arm on the side "stays in place" and doesn't fall down so it's easy to insert. With the HTC DNA there's also a little cover plate "dangling" over the microUSB so this kind of solution will make it convenient to insert the charging.