[APP]Galaxy S4 Glove Mode (Enable glove mode on all aosp roms)

Search This thread

xzaxox

Dec 20, 2011
Thanks for the great app!

Just wondering why this is not enabled by default in all galaxy s4 and note 3 devices by Samsung if there is no harm to keep it on always? Who wants to use not so good sensitivity if you can choose better sensitivity :p

Reactions: SuperKrog

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX

Just wondering why this is not enabled by default in all galaxy s4 and note 3 devices by Samsung if there is no harm to keep it on always? Who wants to use not so good sensitivity if you can choose better sensitivity :p

Yes, a leaf blowing onto your screen will be recognized as a touch.
For the most part it's fine to leave it on high sensitivity. I do it. And 99% of the time it's fine. Every great once in awhile it's a nuisance.

sbonev

Sep 11, 2009
Stopped working

It was working flawlessly until yesterday. I noticed today that after enabling it works until the moment I close the s view cover. After that it stopped... Strangely enough it works on the s view screen, but not on the main, in order to do that I have to enable it again...I think it started after executing the script for the boot permission, though I'm not sure about that.
Any help would be appreciated!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy S4 Glove Mode

Featured on XDA Portal! Thank you Samantha! @SammiSaysHello
    http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...r-samsung-galaxy-s-4-running-aosp-based-roms/

Info:
    Want to use Glove Mode on your S4 but is it not supported by the ROM? With this app you can enable/disable it easily no matter what ROM you're using, the only requirement is the support by the kernel for this function. (by default this is in the kernel, on stock kernels but also on aosp/cm11 kernels)

Credits:
    Big thanks to Xiao-Long Chen for making this possible! (Used this commit: https://github.com/chenxiaolong/CM_hardware_samsung/commit/020e5fbfe981297d8780292fa29f3382d7e6a237)

Market Link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.broodplank.s4glovemode

Screenshots:/
    LaIaJliagrq8bQct1Cvph8qu2ak9OtasdszB1QvuxKN89xSWbK2hLPOjXpf29N03dw=h900
    ujmUaKT9fT7b1xboXtfxBdCk17go9k3IQKp2MbMdIEMzB8NTQi8172VELDqDy1LZTL4=h900
    l4atay_3uPO7yUfcLTkDvElncucFK-t05KQFhDzsqSTBswARB2YG_jxCylBLP_wxou-v=h900
    Not taking anything away from you, but doesnt every S4 have the "Increase touch sensitivity" ticker option right at the bottom of the display options screen?

Only on touchwiz / google edition roms yes. but it doesnt work on AOSP based roms, such as CyanogenMod
    My app just got featured on the portal I noticed :) Thank you Samantha! @SammiSaysHello

link:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/andro...r-samsung-galaxy-s-4-running-aosp-based-roms/

BTW, If anyone wants to make a nice glove icon (512 x 512) I will make it the app icon. (of course your name will be credited in the app), I did some searching for glove icons myself on google but couldn't really find a nice one, I'm searching for something like a vector glove with that's touching a touchscreen.
    i invented the most awesome thing ever

Okay, I put those words into your quote for you.
    PLEASE, please can you add Tasker functionality so we can set Tasker to enable Glove Mode when a trigger occurs, such as NFC or Car Dock mode?

This is the best app ever made for CM11.

Btw, it works great for me on TMO Note 3 on CM11.
    It does not work on this phone when using SlimROM, but I let that dev know and asked him to make the necessary changes to his kernel.

Thanks!! :good:
    Now I can ride my Motorcycle and keep functionality of my Note 3 that I keep docked under my windscreen. The Note 3 gives me speedo, GPS, Radar Detection, and controls my calls/media using Utter with Bluetooth to my helmet speakers/mic.