GalaxyICS ROM for Gio, Ace, Fit, Mini, Spica

Search This thread

TheLesserOne

Apr 2, 2012
Beta8 Changelog Questions

I just tried beta8 and it is so good. The changelog is kinda technical and Google does not really help to explain the terms and acronyms. Would someone help and explain the things on the changelog?

Btw, i like how the team make the ROM better and more stable. Stability is the most important thing and is better than those fancy things that we want for our Gio, GO GALAXYICS Team!

VeyRonX

Apr 1, 2012
Bucharest
I rooted my gio for the first time with beta7 a few days ago, now with beta8 and i really like it, not crashed yet, and it's fast.
The wi-fi indicator works now, but youtube HQ still lagging for me.

I have a question related to this thread. After this step
"Now open the S2E from the app drawer and configure the following :
- Menu->Settings: Check "Extended partiton info", "Mount as ext4" and "Set read buffer"
-Reboot your phone" ...

...I can't Check "Applications" , "Private apps". What am i missing here?

I have set superuser rights for s2e.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tapek-AU

Oct 1, 2008
I rooted my gio for the first time with beta7 a few days ago, now with beta8 and i really like it, not crashed yet, and it's fast.
The wi-fi indicator works now, but youtube HQ still lagging for me.

I have a question related to this thread. After this step
"Now open the S2E from the app drawer and configure the following :
- Menu->Settings: Check "Extended partiton info", "Mount as ext4" and "Set read buffer"
-Reboot your phone" ...

...I can't Check "Applications" , "Private apps". What am i missing here?

I have set superuser rights for s2e.

Thanks.

Do you have an ext4 partition for it to mount? If not, create an ext4 partition on your sd card and try again. Those steps work fine for me, as soon a I reboot after selecting the first couple of options, the application check boxes become selectable

Question:

Does the "Force GPU Rendering" checkbox under developer options constantly reset to unchecked for anyone else?

Has happened to me since I was on Beta 7 but i thought I had broken it by using S2E and removing a bunch of system apps. Now it is still happening on a clean Beta 8.

Is it something to do with the arm6 adreno drivers that got released? Not sure it would even make a difference since the ROM is so fast now, but I occasionally get the gmail white screen since it has turned off and I feel that might be why..

Last edited:
Reactions: VeyRonX

razer.93

Mar 8, 2012
hey guys i'm using sygic 11.2.6 but it crashes after opening!
is there a way to get it working?

waqasleo17

Feb 16, 2011
I am having problem with brightness.
I am not able to toggle brightness level through the power control widget.
Nor from the zdbox tool widgets.
Anyone else having this problem????

anagrams

Jan 12, 2012
Does anyone use swiftkey x? when I tried CM9, I wasn't able to change the keyboard layout to set it to azerty.
Is that fixed?

G0B1IN5486

Apr 17, 2012
Australia
I keep getting "unfortuantly google play has stopped" first when I went to download an app and now when ever I try to start Google Play. I rebuild this beta 8 a second time and the same thing happened. Anyone else have this issue??

TheLesserOne

Apr 2, 2012
I keep getting "unfortuantly google play has stopped" first when I went to download an app and now when ever I try to start Google Play. I rebuild this beta 8 a second time and the same thing happened. Anyone else have this issue??

Have you cleared the Google Play data? Force stop and start it again. I have that similar problem on my Email app.
Mine is working properly. You can try the Google Play uploaded on Gio Themes and Apps. :)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using XDA

anagrams

Jan 12, 2012
I don't seem to find the option to allow all apps to be moved to the SD card. Can anyone point me the right menus?

Tapek-AU

Oct 1, 2008
Does it work better? I tried it a couple of weeks ago, and it was unstable, kept rebooting,..

It has never done that, might have been an incomplete download or bad flash - try downloading beta 8 and making sure it 100% complete (right file size) and flash/wipe. You will love it!

I am having problem with brightness.
I am not able to toggle brightness level through the power control widget.
Nor from the zdbox tool widgets.
Anyone else having this problem????

Did you do a wipe when you flashed? The brightness toggle has never been an issue for me, i have it set to change in 25% increments when i tap on it and its responsive.

S2E is not compatible with ICS. Check out the thread on making A2SD work on ICS in the dev forum ...

yes it is, works great! check out the thread posted a couple of pages back here

I don't seem to find the option to allow all apps to be moved to the SD card. Can anyone point me the right menus?

as above, otherwise you can go in to the settings - apps menu and select to move to sd in there, install link2sd and move apps to sd with that or use titanium backup to move to sd

Update on my issue with force gpu rendering not saving:

After uninstalling a ****load of system apps and other useless apps, the phone is running faster and none of the settings are bugging out any more. not sure what actually fixed it but i cleansed A LOT. uninstalled default sms and calendar apps, all apks related to live wallpaper, exchange services, email apk etc etc (I really should keep a full list next time i do it)

Last edited:

anagrams

Jan 12, 2012
Thanks, that works, and I'll clean the apps I don't need, as you said.

Back to Swiftkey X, I still can't change the layout and options. When opening the app, all the menu buttons don't open.

DedeGhotiC

Mar 13, 2012
rentass james

255945_20120417060324.png

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1590807

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But bluetooth is temporary broken. Are you interested?

Why don't you try to fix the bluetooth before release it ?? don't be rush mac, sorry i just give suggestion :D or maybe bluetooth will be fixed soon like installing a 'patch' ?
    This kind of post is really making me sad
    send by an 42y old gio junkie™

So are yours. He is reporting a bug with all info needed. Maclaw and team can use the info of they want or not. All you do is saying ,this or that isnt working???????????
    No logcat or kmesg wtf u want devs to do with that? Only thing your doing is spamming the thread and filling it with useless replies.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
    i seems the boot logo doesn't work,what's the probloem?
    There is actually a really long and elaborate story regarding this exact situation....

Once upon a time there was a user who couldn't read the thread so he posted questions that had already been answered several times. Other users saw that his laziness was paying off and decided they would stop reading the thread as well.

It got to the point where the Kings of the kingdom got so sick of answering the same stupid questions over and over again that they killed themselves and the users all suffered.

The next time a developer graced the kingdom the users all promised they would read the thread or use the search tool to find their answers, they lied!

The end.

TLDR version: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... READ THE THREAD A COUPLE OF PAGES BACK

While I am telling stories, here is a strange one about my gio - After doing the full format and sdcard erase and reflashing beta 6...first time I got the black screen on boot which i expected without the boot logo, after removing a bunch of system apps and doing my general customisation I saw that the boot animation has returned every time I reboot!? Anybody know why?

Maclaw please fix gallery :(

How about you use Quickpic?
    uploadfromtaptalk1335722152609.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1335722173882.jpg
    Me and my memes :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (not really, just my gio with ics)
    I know but Quickpic is very bad

Quickpic is much better than gallery, faster, we can "hide" folders, etc... :rolleyes: