[ROM][May 26]Virtuous Shooter v.3.0.5 [3.28.401.1][Sense 3.6 Android 4.0.3]

Search This thread

Mnemoch

Apr 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Or someone is out to get you. Doodle Jump 1.6.6 is working extremely smoothly for me on Virtuous 1.0.2

...seems that you are teh only one with this problem.
Can't confirm this issue..and no one else here reported such an issue too.

ok i have now tested it again:
1. ROM fresh installed
2. only game installed: Doodle Jump v1.6.6
3. GAME IS ****ING LAGGING!

the is really nothing now, that could cause this problem except the rom or the App "Adfree".

I don't know how you feel, but i never accept lagging games; in no comparisation to an old phone!

I tried it 3 times, now it's enough. The original HTC firmware is atm the best. It's bad that the menu is lagging but at least the games are running fine!

lichti1901

Sep 28, 2010
Riding my Bike
ok i have now tested it again:
1. ROM fresh installed
2. only game installed: Doodle Jump v1.6.6
3. GAME IS ****ING LAGGING!

the is really nothing now, that could cause this problem except the rom or the App "Adfree".

I don't know how you feel, but i never accept lagging games; in no comparisation to an old phone!

I tried it 3 times, now it's enough. The original HTC firmware is atm the best. It's bad that the menu is lagging but at least the games are running fine!

Let the phone sattle down after a fresh install, let it built the Cache and the things! Make a fresh install, wait 30 minutes and then try again! Im sure it will work!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA Premium App

skrippi

Aug 22, 2011
lol full wipe? when i'm running "Revolutionary CWM 4.0.1.4" i only have the following options:

- reboot system now
- apply update from sdcard
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- install zip from sdcard
- backup and restore
- mounts and storage
- advanced
- power off

i can't find "full wipe". how can i do this?

EDIT: seems, that I#m not the only one anymore:
tomanlam said:
the UI is laggy as hell in 1.0.2, dare not to try running any games

Last edited:

Boubour

Aug 24, 2011
Ris-Orangis
Dude, to root an Android and install custom Roms, there is an unbelievable tool you should use in addition of your eyes and fingers: your brain. The option you're looking for is "wipe data/factory reset". By using your brain and not share other peoples' one, you should have find it yourself...

Sent from my Virtuous Shooter v1.0.2 HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA App

Last edited:

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
When I launch Rogers On Demand, it tells me that "htc_europe_htc_evo_3d_x515m" is not a valid ROM. I assume I need to change build.prop to match Rogers' settings.

Does anyone know what these are? If there is someone on the Rogers ROM, can you post your build.prop?

otherwise, I'll either have to restore my original backup or try to extract it from system.img which is time consuming...

Swifty76

Oct 29, 2010
Vancouver
For people with Rogers EVO 3D, check to make sure 'Allow Mock Locations' is not checked in Settings>Applications>Developement. I had problems with certain apps (slacker, handcent, Facebook) then noticed this option was enabled. Disabled then rebooted and it worked. Can anyone with that problem confirm this?

tomanlam

Oct 18, 2008
Hong Kong
Dude, to root an Android and install custom Roms, there is an unbelievable tool you should use in addition of your eyes and fingers: your brain. The option you're looking for is "wipe data/factory reset". By using your brain and not share other peoples' one, you should have find it yourself...

i'm aware of how to FULL WIPE, it's wipe data followed by wipe cache, but even after i did these steps, the UI is still pretty laggy...(the transition between pages) this is just strange, my previous device is desire hd running virtuous unity and i would say it runs sense 3 way better than evo 3d with a dual core...wonder why evo 3d is even worse than a single core device...

skrippi

Aug 22, 2011

hey shut up! i use my brain often more than you say:
somebody on page 20 says, that i should wipe IT full and not only data/factory reset

Mnemoch

Apr 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Something wrong with your phone or the flash. Its the smoothest ROM I have ever seen, Sense is completely without lag. My old phone was a Desire Z so I know about lagging, and my EVO 3d is 100% better. I don't even get lag opening "manage applications".

i'm aware of how to FULL WIPE, it's wipe data followed by wipe cache, but even after i did these steps, the UI is still pretty laggy...(the transition between pages) this is just strange, my previous device is desire hd running virtuous unity and i would say it runs sense 3 way better than evo 3d with a dual core...wonder why evo 3d is even worse than a single core device...

FaithCry

Aug 26, 2010
how much screen time are you guys putting up per day? without charging that is.

i'm getting around 4 hours, i feel its a big low given the battery and with the same usage i was getting around 4.5 on the nexus one. =\

gemini002

May 14, 2008
i get about 4.5 hours of screen time abut 11 hours of standby time my incredible S had better battery life but we had kernel sources...I lose my 4g icon when flashing this rom I would like it back also videos take a bit to buffer and its not my network...

dash7869

Jul 4, 2006
No, it isn't. Did you wipe ?

you got me! :$ what a rookie mistake..

i thought i read in the OP that wipe is optional coming from a Sense ROM..

well cant be lazy anymore.. i shall wipe and retry again tmw

Cheers!

Update:
Well, i couldnt sleep and reflashed after a complete wipe

was able to boot but i found my wifi was broken..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fa0a236e18dd88b988e04215c70219a6.png

Based on RUU 3.28.401.1 test-keys HTC Evo 3D GSM X515m (SHOOTER_U)
    Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwith)
    Kernel:
    3.0.16 HTC Stock
    Virtuous Dev Team: Diamondback, Flemmard, seo, rmk, chrisch1974, eViL_Dee, mdj, cypis, cjward, tbalden
    - Multilanguage
    - Ultra Fast
    - Improved EXT4 performance
    - Improved animation performance
    - Deodexed
    - Busybox / Superuser
    - Zipaligned
    - Latest Maps
    - Latest Market
    - etc
    - htc spy bloatware
    - Teeter
    - Adobe Reader (you can download it from Market)
    - Some other HTC bloatware

First you should flash new firmware package

You must be perm rooted with and Clockwork Recovery installed (i.e. s-off).

Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.

If you are coming from another stock Sense ROM, you may not have to wipe data. I obviously recommend wiping data (since it will eliminate any possibly bad/stale configuration), but the update script will not do so automatically during installation. Use your best judgement to determine what works best for you.

Wipes are NOT required for any upgrade to/from any release with the same major version of the ROM; downgrades are a different story. Versioning schema is Major.Minor.Revision.

Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.

Expect the first boot to take anywhere from 6-10 minutes. Subsequent reboots should be significantly quicker.

After initial install, allow a few minutes for all ROM-provided applications to appear. Some are installed post-boot using package manager.

Recommended radio: 11.77.3504.00U_11.25.3504.06_M

Known issues:
    - you tell me

Virtuous Home: http://www.virtuousrom.com
    Virtuous Forum: http://forums.virtuousrom.com/index.php
    Kernel GIT: https://github.com/mdeejay/
    HTC: http://www.htc.com/
    Code:
    [B]v.3.0.5:[/B]
    - New base 3.28.401.1 (May 23)
    - New kernel HTC
    [B]v.3.0.4:[/B]
    - New base 3.27.401.2 (May 18)
    - New kernel HTC
    HTC changelog:
    CITS#63 [RUS] Clock - no way to setup GMT+7 "Novosibirsk" time-zone	
    CITS#62 [RUS] Wi-Fi cannot connect to access point when "Kazakh Beeline" SIM card is installed	
    CITS#58 SMS Corruption Problem – Portugal	
    CITS#56 [EST, LV, LT] Please add Baltic keyboards	
    Navigation voice crack fix	
    [APT:Gallery][Virgin Mobile][38742]Side by side 3D content is not working  	
    [APT:Camera][Virgin Mobile][38471]No Shutter Sound When Device is in Silent Mode  	
    [BT_A2DP_Acer 3820TG][ICS] Device only connect to phone audio without media but it shows connected both on bluetooth setting while pair with NB(WM7)  	
    [BT_PAN_Acer 4720][ICS] Device shows connect to media audio without phone while established PAN connection with NB (XP).  	
    [PQM][ATL0_HEP_ICS][FM]Pop-up " turning  off "when launch FM 
    [B]v.3.0.3:[/B]
    - New base 3.24.401.3 (May 15)
    - New kernel HTC
    - 3D Games included
    [B]v.3.0.2:[/B]
    - ROOT really fixed :)
    - Improved performance
    [B]v.3.0.1:[/B]
    - Added proper SU
    - Updated graphics libs from CDMA rom
    - Removed htc crapware