[Rom][New] Fourth Bar 3.0 [Detailed Ics Theme|265 mb|Aroma Custom Installer][04/20]

Search This thread

Kurosoul

May 31, 2010
Keeps on getting on better and better.....

craigtut, you are amazing, ICS Fourth Bar is making me foam just thinking about it :D

I'm hoping you add FLAC support in the next release if possible though. ;)

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
I'm planning on making a very aosp like version based of the Ics leak. I'm going to be using the stock launcher from aosp and let people customize from there. I have a good number of the applications from aosp running on my phone at the moment but I've spent all day trying to deodex the stupid thing with no success whatsoever. I can do theming and basic things well but when it comes to more complicated code work, I have to turn to other people.

So unfortunately I'll probably have to wait until someone with more experience does the deodexing (required for the theming). I have a working very stock zip and that is about it. It shouldn't take to incredibly long though to port the theme I already have. The system image files look decently similar.

Reactions: blast0id and dubt17

dubt17

Feb 26, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I'm planning on making a very aosp like version based of the Ics leak. I'm going to be using the stock launcher from aosp and let people customize from there. I have a good number of the applications from aosp running on my phone at the moment but I've spent all day trying to deodex the stupid thing with no success whatsoever. I can do theming and basic things well but when it comes to more complicated code work, I have to turn to other people.

So unfortunately I'll probably have to wait until someone with more experience does the deodexing (required for the theming). I have a working very stock zip and that is about it. It shouldn't take to incredibly long though to port the theme I already have. The system image files look decently similar.

Where did you get the AOSP apks? Just pull them from a build?

Also, really looking forward to this! Maybe ask mike1986 for the de-odex?

I have to say, I've stuck with energy because I've always loved his theming (since my fuze/touch pro days), but this is one seriously slick rom... I wish you the best in your endeavors and hope you get the deodexing bit figured out, I would definitely lend a hand if I thought it would be of any use... depending on my check this week I might toss a few pennies in your paypal jar =)

P.S. that Aroma launcher is TITS!

Last edited:

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
I have to say, I've stuck with energy because I've always loved his theming (since my fuze/touch pro days), but this is one seriously slick rom... I wish you the best in your endeavors and hope you get the deodexing bit figured out, I would definitely lend a hand if I thought it would be of any use... depending on my check this week I might toss a few pennies in your paypal jar =)

P.S. that Aroma launcher is TITS!

Thanks! :D

Look forward to seeing the ICS release. Was my favorite GB ROM for the Amaze.

Sent from my HTC Ruby 4G

I can't wait to get it done so I can use it! ;)

A rough beta should be ready soon. It will probably take a while to work all the bugs out though. Gb version was something I started back in December so it definitely takes a while.

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
Should still be working... Just to be sure though, this is the android 2.3 version. You want the gingerbread version?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

diveoz

Aug 31, 2011
I wouldn't mind it. Even an updated final GB to rule them all unroll cm10 gets finished.

I have to respectfully disagree! I haven't run GB on this phone, but I'm frustratedly back to GB on my SGTab and our AOSP ICS ROMs (built on Sense) blow away any reason to go back to anything GB on the Amaze.

Try JB Fusion 3.2.2, or SpeedRom first. Both are great ROMs!

Peace!

anon1ski

Mar 24, 2009
philadelphia
I like speedrom but there are bugs. And some slightly unruley ones on my phone. And fourthbar is good but not 100%.

I have had most of my best rims on most phones being gb, even since ics and jb have dropped.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using xda premium

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
I wouldn't mind it. Even an updated final GB to rule them all unroll cm10 gets finished.

Sent from my HTC Ruby using xda premium

I'm sorry but I'm done working on this version, consider this Rom finished. I barely have time to work on the Ics version as it is. If I remember right, unless you require wifi calling this version was incredibly stable and worked very well.

I'm glad though that someone is still using it! :) It took a lot of time to make!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ice Cream Sandwich is here! Sorta...

Fourth%20Bar%20Sense%20Ad.png

Fourth Bar is a highly themed and slimmed down Sense 3.0 Rom that is one of the few Roms to use the Aroma custom installer. This installer lets you decide what boot animation you would like, whether you want the led button lights on or off, and even which apps you would like installed. Now your phone modifications can be molded easily to your liking.

Please read about the known issues before posting. During testing some issues came up that have not been fixed yet and I am currently incredibly busy with school and can't finish fixing the issues until summer break rolls around. I figured instead of making you all wait 3 more weeks you might want it now with a few issues that are all listed below. Also, the download is larger than the previous version because of all the customization options. The default install is still only about 190mb.

Downloads

Fourth Bar 3.0

Kernels

Features:
    • Built on Gingerbread | Stock Base - 1.43.531.3
    • Custom Installation
    • Root Access
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Battery Life Tweaks (Amazing battery life!)
    • Hw Acceleration (Gpu Rendering of UI)
    • Net Speed Tweaks
    • Tweaked Adreno config for better performance
    • Debloated
    • Optimized Framework
    • Faux Kernel 009 and Stock Kernel options
    • Init.d Support
    • ICS Themed!
    • ICS Ringtones and Notifications
    • Highly themed Go Launcher (Ics Like)
    • Most other Sense apps left in. (Htc does make decent apps)

ICS Theme:
    • ICS Like Launcher (Themed go launcher)
    • ICS Keyboard
    • ICS Like Lockscreen
    • Roboto Font
    • Ics Search Bar Widget
    • Themed Sense Apps (Almost Finished!!!)

Installation:

1. Always Backup First!
    2. Complete Wipe of System and Caches
    3. Flash in Recovery just like a normal Zip
    4. Then follow the instructions on screen to finish installation.
    5. If you aren't S-off or using Ext4 Smartflash, you need to download the Kernels Zip and flash the one you selected in the custom installer using Xboarders flashing utility. If you selected Default Installation or Minimal Installation then you will pick the Faux Kernel to flash.
    6. If using Ext4 SmartFlash do not use reboot option at the end or it won't flash the kernel
    7. Turn off facebook live feed sync or else nothing else will sync and it will waste your battery

Known Issues in 3.0:
    • Wifi Calling doesn't work yet
    • Battery info is missing
    • Black text on Account Settings buttons
    • If using Ext4 SmartFlash do not use reboot option at the end or it won't flash the kernel
    • Go Locker (Ics themed lockscreen) causes slight multi-touch issues with graphically intensive games.

Setup Guide:

Coming sometime on saturday. I'm way to tired to write it tonight. Its been a long day. Basically will walk you through setting up Go launcher to look like ICS

Well I hope you all enjoy this and remember to hit the THANKS button if you like it! :D
    If you are on Google+ click on my link below and follow along to receive updates!
    Change-log:

Code:
    Fourth Bar Sense V3.0 (Full Wipe Required)

-Added customizable installation
    -Fixed google search button issues
    -Huge theming update
    -Better Recovery Support
    -New apps in custom installation
    -Theoretically faster
    -Re-Built on new 1.43 Base
    -Faux 009 or Stock Kernel
    -Removed Bravia
    -Updated Apps

Fourth Bar Sense V2.4.2 (Full Wipe Required)   [URL="http://d-h.st/IyR"]Download[/URL]

-Huge Theming Update!  (Fixed all graphical issues)
    -Added Apn's for most Carriers (Please test if not on Tmobile and let me know)
    -Optimized Png's in Framework
    -Speed Increase
    -More Debloating
    -Apps Updated
    -Removed Htc Clock and replaced with Desk Clock
    -Faux 8 Modules
    -Adreno tweaks
    -Ics Ringtones and Notification sounds
    -Fixed Sound on Camera

Fourth Bar Sense V2.0 (Full Wipe Required) 

-Added Bravia Engine
    -Faster Gps Lock
    -Gps Fixed for Canada (Please test and let me know if it works)
    -Sd Card speed script
    -Disabled Htc Checkin
    -Added System_Server from Android 4.0
    -Fixed Power Menu (Thanks to theintelligent)
    -More Theming

Fourth Bar Sense V1.0 - [URL="http://dev-host.org/91qvqbz55hsh/Fourth_Bar_Sense_1.0.zip"][B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Download[/COLOR][/B][/URL]

-Initial Release

Credits:
    Xboarder56 - Crt Animation, General awesomeness
    amarullz - Aroma Installer
    Starskyrob - Pre-rooted base (Saved me hours of work)
    superevilllama - Early theming help
    Donhu - Early theme help
    Faux123 - O/C Kernel
    Many on Xda for Materials (Boot Animations, ect.)
    Huge thanks to the many testers!

Screenshots:

Screen.png

Well I hope you all enjoy this and remember to hit the THANKS button if you like it! :D
    An update on whats going on with Fourth Bar

Its been a slow process of finding small little things and tweaking the code but its coming along. I would say that its about 70% finished and I'm hoping to get the rest done by next week. This will be the final major update (small bug fixes will still get addressed). Its looking amazing so far!

O, and there's a bit of a surprise with the next update :)
    I have to say I'm pretty excited about it! Hopefully S-off gets released soon so I can use it to its full potential!
    Well now that there is an Ics Ruu... My better judgement is telling me to focus on my classes.

I don't think I'm going to listen. Gonna work on getting fourth bar theming onto real Ics.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
    I have enough testers now, if you Pmed me you'll be getting a message sometime tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA