[Q] i777 att phone PLEASE is the OTG option

Search This thread

jasmineloveflower

Apr 6, 2011
NYC
Hi i brought an otg cable for my phone however when i plug it in the cable is not showing up as usb host on notification bar like some youtube videos that show that. I just want to plug in a small usb flash drive that does not need power to boot up. I can't find a way to make the phone recognize the cable. I running ics by SHOstock v2.2.6. thank you for any help. Also did numerous searches on google and here with no results on getting this thing to work.

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006
My OTG cable works fine. The odds are either your cable is not true USB OTG cable (it must short out one of the PIN at the microUSB connector side) or the custom ROM you are runing does not have USB OTG support. I'm running leaked UCLD3 ROM.

Reactions: jasmineloveflower

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
What??? There is an OTG cable? For real? :(
I got the regular male-microUSB to female-standardUSB cable and it works just fine with AOKP

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006
What??? There is an OTG cable? For real? :(
I got the regular male-microUSB to female-standardUSB cable and it works just fine with AOKP

Yes there is. IIRC, the PIN5 must be shorted to ground on the microUSB port on the cable to trigger the phone into USB host mode. AOKP ROM might be created to ignore suck requirement but that's not how USB OTG works.

jasmineloveflower

Apr 6, 2011
NYC
Well I brought the cable 2 days ago off eBay and I send an email to the vendor and he's sending me another one I hope it works for me. If not I was planning to buy the official brand name Samsung one on Amazon and I hope it works with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

jasmineloveflower

Apr 6, 2011
NYC
I just tried my hopes went I the roof and down I again I toggle USB on and off as u said and nothing. I just wait the new cable.

jasmineloveflower

Apr 6, 2011
NYC
Thank you so much I'm going to try the second because after noticing the Motorola one on the list didn't work I think fox is right thank you all for all your help.

Do you now of an HDMI adapter that would work

foxbat121

Apr 27, 2006
I don't own any MHL adapter (HDMI adapter). But it should be standard as long as you properly supply power to the adapter externally.

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
I've had the official Samsung MHL adapter since the phone came out and it still works flawlessly. There pretty cheap now you can find one for about 22$. Or you could try a generic but some people love em some people throw em in the garbage :)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts