[POSSIBLE FIX] In Call Volume With Sense 4.1

Search This thread

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Lavaca, AR
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Babylon 5... Great series!

I didn't know PACMan had a 4.1 ROM. I thought only wc and homeslice had 4.1 ROMs. I thought PACMan was a Jellybean ROM.

I just looked at it and PACMan is not a Sense 4.1 ROM. It is a Jellybean 4.1.2 ROM but I don't know what Sense it uses or if it even uses Sense. The ROMs with Sense 4.1 are Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 ROMs. I don't know why it has been reported to work on cm10 since it is also a Jellybean 4.1.2 ROM.

I just looked at it and PACMan is not a Sense 4.1 ROM. It is a Jellybean 4.1.2 ROM but I don't know what Sense it uses or if it even uses Sense. The ROMs with Sense 4.1 are Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 ROMs. I don't know why it has been reported to work on cm10 since it is also a Jellybean 4.1.2 ROM.

Whoops...LOL...I'm guessing this fixes problems with sense 4.1/ICS...that could explain much...and you're right CM10 is a JB 4.1.2 rom. PACMan should have worked unless something's borked with the way AOKP/PACMan does the volume (it's a CM10 variant...) Both CM10 and PACMan are 'Sense-less" ROMs.

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Lavaca, AR
Whoops...LOL...I'm guessing this fixes problems with sense 4.1/ICS...that could explain much...and you're right CM10 is a JB 4.1.2 rom. PACMan should have worked unless something's borked with the way AOKP/PACMan does the volume (it's a CM10 variant...) Both CM10 and PACMan are 'Sense-less" ROMs.
From what I read from the "What's Not Working" section, the volume is broken. The slider moves but the volume does not go up or down. I don't believe that is the case with cm10 because after reading the "Issues Report" I don't see anything about the slider not controlling volume, only in call volume too low. I haven't tried either ROM. I flashed cm10 once after s-off only to see it flash the boot without using fastboot to flash it manually but then I flashed right back to wcx after. I never took the ROM for a test drive. Yes, I'm a WCX fanboy! I love his ROMs. I love the stability of his ROMs. I only wish his ROMs supported s-off.

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Cm10 aokp Pac and pa all have the same issue with not being able to control in call volume. Slider moves but volume stays the same. It's an issue that goes past the vivid and plagues all aosp jellybean roms (cm based anyway, can't speak about pure vanilla) across all HTC msm8660 devices. I am pretty confident when I say the jellybean audio issues are separate from the sense 4.1 issues, but its still possible the audio may be improved in these builds for those who are having issues, but it won't fix the not controlling volume problem

Just realized the thread title may be al little misleading in this manner.. since jellybean is android 4.1 but this may be more directed at sense 4.1

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

phrotac

Mar 8, 2009
Lavaca, AR
Cm10 aokp Pac and pa all have the same issue with not being able to control in call volume. Slider moves but volume stays the same. It's an issue that goes past the vivid and plagues all aosp jellybean roms across all HTC msm8660 devices. I am pretty confident when I say the jellybean audio issues are separate from the sense 4.1 issues, but its still possible the audio may be improved in these builds for those who are having issues, but it won't fix the not controlling volume problem

Just realized the thread title may be al little misleading in this manner.. since jellybean is android 4.1 but this may be more directed at sense 4.1

Good call Homeslice! I'll change the title. Thank you for pointing that out :good:

lesterkravitz

Jul 7, 2011
What worked for me is I did all of the usual wipes as well as forrmat boot. I had to flash borked 3.5 three times because mobile data was not working but in call volume on both ends are normal now. I am not sure how it worked or if a coincidence but could also be worth a try.

jtsurfs

Jul 30, 2007
I figured what the heck and tried this with PACman latest build. Followed the steps and it seems like the volume is a little better. Still need to test a little further to see confirm the volume being better.

Edit- Thought I better add PACman is a JB CM10 variant AOSP variant.

Edit 2 - After further testing, the volume does not seem to be that much better. My first test was at my work and it wasn't terribly loud. Second test was outside and the volume seemed to be where it was before this fix. 3rd test was at home in my house and the volume level again seemed to be the same as before the fix. I know people have said this is supposed to be for Sense 4.1 but wanted to let people know my results. Of course your results may be different as everything about this phone seems to be your experience may vary.

Last edited:
Re; [POSSIBLE FIX] In Call Volume With Sense 4.1

UPDATE: I now know that romrix stumbled across this "fix" back in February. He fixed it by backing up his contacts with SnapPea, creating a new google sync account, syncing to it leaving his old account behind, and restoring his contacts with SnapPea. I did not know this when I created this thread. Sorry Romrix.

No problem, Thanks for the credit! ;)
Just realized I registered here 5 1/2 years ago and this is my first post! ๏̯͡⊙
I was trying to find out if WCs forum has closed or if he's just taking a well deserved break. Heard anything?

htcvividnoob

Nov 8, 2011
Southern California
No problem, Thanks for the credit! ;)
Just realized I registered here 5 1/2 years ago and this is my first post! ๏̯͡⊙
I was trying to find out if WCs forum has closed or if he's just taking a well deserved break. Heard anything?
Hi romrix, welcome back to the land of [moderated]!
I was wondering the same thing.
I think there's quite a few of us wondering the same thing :(

Who knows, maybe we'll be surprised with a Venom rom! (But not holding my breath)

dtien

Dec 15, 2011
Hi romrix, welcome back to the land of [moderated]!

I think there's quite a few of us wondering the same thing :(

Who knows, maybe we'll be surprised with a Venom rom! (But not holding my breath)

I am also curious too as what happened. The forum is up and I can log in but all the contents are gone.

kmdangi

Jan 12, 2013
Pune, India
ROM : BORKED ROM
Tried using first alternative. No success.
Shifting to HOLICS ROM as this phone is my daily use office phone. No low call volume issue with HOLICS ROM.

Bigc13

Jun 1, 2013
springdale,Ar
Where's romrix? Lmao wow another person from wcx illuminati land Lmao well. I hope wcx gets to feeling better I here he's really sick. Anyways I ha e a low in call issue with cm10 kinda sux lol

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app

Where's romrix? Lmao wow another person from wcx illuminati land Lmao well. I hope wcx gets to feeling better I here he's really sick. Anyways I ha e a low in call issue with cm10 kinda sux lol

Sent from my Vivid 4G using xda app-developers app

Ya, I came over here trying to find anything on how WC was doing. Found out I had an account here from 5 1/2 years ago after I tried to register.. I see a lot of the same crowd here lol

Reactions: htcvividnoob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New alternate method below!

Wildchild and Romrix both suggested to create a new google sync account to solve the in call volume issue but that did not work for me. At least, not at first. Not only did I have no contacts, no calendars, etc., I still had low in call volume. I then added my old google sync account so I could back up my contacts but they did not import as a secondary account so I deleted the account from the phone and it told me my settings would also be deleted from google sync. I then reflashed 4.1 beta tweaks build and synced back to my original google sync account to get contacts. While syncing, my phone rang. I answered to discover that my in call volume had fixed itself. After spending a day trying to recreate the low in call volume I was left scratching my head. That's when wmunn said:
    wmunn said:
    Here is a direct quote from the google android support pages regarding data backups using the automatic backup feature.

"If you uncheck this option, your data stops getting backed up, and any existing backups are deleted from Google servers."

Going from this statement, it would appear if you flash your device, uncheck backup during the initial set up, then later reflash the phone and check the box that should have completely wiped any backup data on that account and be starting fresh.

At least thats what they are stating.....

Thank you wmunn for pointing that out.

That's when I put it all together and came up with this guide.

These are the steps that worked for me...

1. Delete your google sync account from your phone (3.6 or 4.1 doesn't matter) so it will delete any stored settings from google sync account (settings are still on phone though) (extremely important).
    2. Create a new gmail account and do nothing with it after authorization.
    3. Back up anything you want to keep from internal sdcard.
    4. Boot into recovery by removing battery and NOT through the power menu shortcut. (optional but recommended)
    5. Normal wipes with two additions... Wipe internal sdcard and wipe system (extremely important)
    6. Flash your phone with 4.1 ROM from either Homeslice or WildChild (both are experiencing the same problems with in call volume).
    7. Sync to new "virgin" gmail account during setup so it will "virginize" your settings in the phone and get rid of any stored google sync settings (extremely important)
    8. Once your phone is completely booted and synced with google, pull your battery and enter recovery (optional but HIGHLY recommended at this stage. The idea is to get as "fresh" of an install as possible).
    9. Reflash your phone with 4.1 ROM and sync with old google sync account.
    10. Set up as normal from here.

Good Luck! Let me know your results ;)

UPDATE: I now know that romrix stumbled across this "fix" back in February. He fixed it by backing up his contacts with SnapPea, creating a new google sync account, syncing to it leaving his old account behind, and restoring his contacts with SnapPea. I did not know this when I created this thread. Sorry Romrix.
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Alternate method:
    The above worked for me until I flashed a new WCX Beta ROM and my volume was gone again. This time, no matter how many times I tried the above steps, my volume just would not come back. So, I decided to try something new. This is what worked this time:
    1. I deleted my google sync account from my phone.
    2. I relocked my bootloader using fastboot and my unlock.bin token.
    3. I ran the RUU from my computer and let it flash my phone back to stock 3.6.
    4. I skipped through the setup steps (do not log in to google sync at this time).
    5. I unlocked my bootloader using fastboot and my unlock.bin token.
    6. I rebooted into bootloader and flashed recovery and kernel using fastboot making sure to use the latest WCX Beta ROM kernel.
    7. I booted into recovery (WCX preferred) and wiped everything except for boot and sdcard (do wipe internal sdcard).
    8. I then flashed the latest WCX Beta ROM.
    9. I completed setup but did not log in to google sync yet.
    10. I tested in call volume. It was good.
    11. I logged in to google sync and made another test call. No change to in call volume.

Good luck again!
    Cm10 aokp Pac and pa all have the same issue with not being able to control in call volume. Slider moves but volume stays the same. It's an issue that goes past the vivid and plagues all aosp jellybean roms across all HTC msm8660 devices. I am pretty confident when I say the jellybean audio issues are separate from the sense 4.1 issues, but its still possible the audio may be improved in these builds for those who are having issues, but it won't fix the not controlling volume problem

Good call Homeslice! I'll change the title. Thank you for pointing that out :good:
    Thanks for this again. Everyone Keep in mind this is not affecting all users the same. I'm a firm believer in the 'if it ain't broke dont fix it' policy. But anyone who does this please report back with what you find

I'm gonna test this and report back

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda app-developers app
    Sometime in August the site will reopen:silly::p;):cool:

With new and exciting things :D