[Q] Is the Galaxy R I9103 still worth buying?

Search This thread

zderf

Feb 26, 2014
Do you guys think that the I9103 is still worth buying? This device caught my attention since it's one of the few that's supported by the "voodoo sound" application and at the same time is equipped with a tegra 2 chipset, but I'm kind of worried about the problems(Lag, unresponsive screen, reboots...) that seem to affect this particular model, were they all solved in the latest roms?

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
If you don't worry about not having NEON instruction support in the CPU (nowadays almost all devices support it), it's a good device to get. Unfortunately the lack of that support is a very big miss. There are apps that are built with NEON instructions and those don't work on the device. Google abandoned non-NEON devices support in 4.2.2 and few Google apps need tricking to get them working. Otherwise it's a very good device, stock rom is a bit laggy if not debloated, screen is only unresponsive if your fingers are wet and I've never encountered random reboots.

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD

zderf

Feb 26, 2014
@Adam77Root Thank you for your detailed reply! It's a real shame about the lack of neon support in the Tegra 2 devices. Could you tell me what kind of apps (Other than the Google now voice recognition and the Gesture keyboard that were mentioned here "https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/8wcuSVkr7zR") might not work on this device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you don't worry about not having NEON instruction support in the CPU (nowadays almost all devices support it), it's a good device to get. Unfortunately the lack of that support is a very big miss. There are apps that are built with NEON instructions and those don't work on the device. Google abandoned non-NEON devices support in 4.2.2 and few Google apps need tricking to get them working. Otherwise it's a very good device, stock rom is a bit laggy if not debloated, screen is only unresponsive if your fingers are wet and I've never encountered random reboots.

Sent from my OmniROM-powered LG Optimus 4X HD