[Solved] Battery drain/bad signal on rooted 62 with 64, Fixed!

Search This thread
Hey mates, i have no battery drain anymore, Thanks to Aarush & aimcr7
well i tell you to do this:

* I flashed first back to 42 with unticked things then restart
the phone,

* then shutdown then flashed the kernel .283 with unticked
things then reboot,

* then turning off and then flashed
the bb 62, then restart,

So now you have .42 with .283 Kernel and baseband 64

For those that cant download the .283,

Here i uploaded by myself:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6ab1dxciulp1hs2

Proof in Attachedment ;)

Attachments

• screenshot_2012-02-17_2133.jpg
    screenshot_2012-02-17_2133.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:

flipmodegr

May 3, 2011
Cell standby consumes around 10-20% on me too,so i guess its firmware issue,i am on 62 stock,so i guess its <<normal>>

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
About signal, go to settings->wireless & network settings-> mobile networks -> network mode
and check if you have set anything else than gsm only.

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
So i must set gsm only? Then i have no gprs buddy.
Yes you will. Only you wont have 3g speeds. Google a bit about 2g and 3g, you will understand ;)
let me guess, you had wcdma only?

anw I had same thing after I flash clean rom, I forgot that I need to change to gdm only as that isnt default setting. so signal line wasn't green like in your ss.

if signal cover from your operater is not so good, and you have gsm/wcdma combined mode, your phone will constantly connect/disconnect from gsm to 3g..

Last edited:
Yes you will. Only you wont have 3g speeds. Google a bit about 2g and 3g, you will understand ;)
let me guess, you had wcdma only?

anw I had same thing after I flash clean rom, I forgot that I need to change to gdm only as that isnt default setting. so signal line wasn't green like in your ss.

if signal cover from your operater is not so good, and you have gsm/wcdma combined mode, your phone will constantly connect/disconnect from gsm to 3g..

Hmm ok and yes i understand buddy, but where can i find wcdma?
Sorry sometimes i have noobish questions:p

Yeah, me too. The .62 firmware sucks I think. I barely use my phone, just WiFi on, no data and it's 40% at the end of the day, normally it would be at least at 60% with light use.

Android-system is ALWAYS at the top of the app-sucker table. Maybe I should try to flash a different baseband like some people said. but I never experienced this much battery drain on .62 firmware before.

Yeah, me too. The .62 firmware sucks I think. I barely use my phone, just WiFi on, no data and it's 40% at the end of the day, normally it would be at least at 60% with light use.

Android-system is ALWAYS at the top of the app-sucker table. Maybe I should try to flash a different baseband like some people said. but I never experienced this much battery drain on .62 firmware before.

Yes indeed, and it gives bad signal, you saw my ss, so which one you going to flash, back to 42? Let me know and give me a ss please;)

Cheers

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
I mean the wcdma and what is that and what is gdm?
I already told you to google for 2g and 3g, and you will find wcdma.
And about gdm, it was suppose to be gsm but I misspelled it :)

Do you know/remember what network mode setting you had selected before flashing .62?

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
Yeah ok mate, yes and was on 42 with gprs and gsm and that was all good, so i flash back to 42.
gprs is part of gsm, dont confuse yourself. wcdma is something different. go and google a bit about it.
I asked you what setting you had before, not if you used gprs. You can use gprs while on "gsm only" mode.

Aarush

Jan 11, 2012
New Delhi
I did the same as u did.. flashed .62 baseband look at mine :

Attachments

• screenshot_2012-02-16_2043.jpg
    screenshot_2012-02-16_2043.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts