[ROM/GUIDE] 4.4.2 [LG Stock Rom] [Custom Recovery - Kernels - Root]

Search This thread

razrlover

Mar 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6
Great job Dr. Flashed rom flash su zip.. No issues sync was fine for me data wifi, etc...
Reboot made a back up and then went straight back to custom roms with 0 issues or hiccups.

Great job!! 4.4.2 to AOSP and back!!

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xtvchi3f

Sep 9, 2010
All seems to be good for me except now twrp doesn't recognize any storage on my phone. Can't browse for zips.

dr87

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2013
All seems to be good for me except now twrp doesn't recognize any storage on my phone. Can't browse for zips.

Did you finish the entire thing? It just sounds like the partitions weren't unmounted properly which happens sometimes on the phone, a few reboots usually fixes it

Reactions: NolenUmar

xbxjunkie

Nov 7, 2010
here
followed this step by step and everything works like a charm :good:

coming off the official LG KK release and waiting for root

thanks to the devs for all their hard work

bfranklin1986

Nov 22, 2010
This is the official ota with the boot loader removed basically so we can use custom recovery

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

vipercoyote

Apr 2, 2013
Root successfull

Do i need custom recovery if I dont plan to flash roms?

Last edited:

mlcgruhlke

Dec 11, 2011
Post Falls
First off huge thanks to every dev in this thread. At the time my G2 was being repaired so I didn't get to help out

By following the steps below, you can run the new 4.4.2 kitkat rom from LG (and 4.4.2 stock modified roms to come) with our old partitions which are fully loki-able

DO THIS ENTIRE PROCESS AT YOUR OWN RISK - IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THESE DIRECTIONS, THEY ARE NOT FOR YOU. I TRIED TO MAKE THEM AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. THIS WILL WIPE YOUR WHOLE PHONE. THIS IS FOR D801 ONLY.

Also please no stupid questions, I will not answer. I will try to help with legitimate problems.

If you upgraded to 4.4.2 through the KDZ or flashed the 4.4.2 stock rom from smiley on this forum (since he included the new partitions) you must follow every step here. If you are still on 4.2.2 partitions (You have these if you currently are using an aosp / cm rom with a custom recovery) - Then you may go straight to step 5.

1. You must revert to stock 4.2.2 using this guide. You must restore to the C version. DO NOT USE G. You can find the link to 801C here.

2. Once you successfully flash this, your phone should boot loop on the T-Mobile screen. Boot into recovery (which is now LG's stock recovery) once you are in press power twice to data reset. Remove the USB cable from the phone when trying to boot to recovery, it makes it much easier for some reason. After data reset your phone should now boot into stock LG 4.2.2

3. Root your phone with this.

4. Install a custom recovery with this guide. The TWRP listed in this guide is old and you must this one instead. Method 1 works fine for this if anyone is wondering.

5. At this point you should have 4.2.2 partitions with root and custom recovery. Bet you wish you didn't update to 4.4.2 Stock at this point :good:

6. Flash this Rom in recovery that I put together (And here is a Mirror). It contains the 4.4.2 KDZ system image with the 4.4.2 modem. Make sure you backup your EFS. The kernel inside this rom is stock LG 4.4.2 with a minor change to allow it to boot on the 4.2.2 bootloader. Thanks to the dev's in that thread who worked on it.

7. Flash SuperSU for root.

8. You are now on 4.4.2 Stock rom with recovery, root, loki and the ability to flash custom 4.4.2 stock kernels when they are released (soon)

At this point you will be able to flash any rom you want, including aosp stuff. Do not flash any other kernel on the included LG 4.4.2 stock rom. I will be making a custom kernel / 4.4 stock roms for this soon anyway :) - WHEN FLASHING 4.4.2 STOCK ROMS PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY DONT HAVE PARTITIONS BESIDES SYSTEM/MODEM/RPM/TZ INSIDE!!!! JUST OPEN THE ZIP AND CHECK INSIDE. ANYTHING EXTRA YOU WILL HAVE TO REDO THIS ENTIRE PROCESS !!!!!!!!
I really hope devs stop putting up roms with the new partitions included.

Tried this procedure to the tee...stuck on LG Logo and won't boot. Will go back and stick with 4.2.2 rooted for a while longer.

DurbanPoison24

Jan 30, 2011
So for #6 I flash the LG Stock 4.4.2 rom FIRST, SU and THEN the EFSbackup?? Also I've never flashed EFS never even heard of it I hope it's simple..?

kcteun

Dec 14, 2011
Followed directions, no problems. Did not delete my SD data! I thought i read in the OP that this would happen. After using titanium to freeze most of the bloat, I tried to set up TricksterMod and it got into a boot loop. Other than that, everything looks great. Antutu >30,000 for what that is worth.

DurbanPoison24

Jan 30, 2011
Followed directions, no problems. Did not delete my SD data! I thought i read in the OP that this would happen. After using titanium to freeze most of the bloat, I tried to set up TricksterMod and it got into a boot loop. Other than that, everything looks great. Antutu >30,000 for what that is worth.

Hey could you by any chance help me out?? Idk what to do for #6 in the steps.. Do i flash KK update, SU and then EFS?

kcteun

Dec 14, 2011
Hey could you by any chance help me out?? Idk what to do for #6 in the steps.. Do i flash KK update, SU and then EFS?

Flash EFS backup FIRST. This will give you a fall back to a working kernel if things go wrong. I did a nandroid backup, then rebooted to my working ROM (Buckeye). I copied all my folders and files that I gave a crap about to my hard drive.
THEN, in recovery, wipe, flash ROM, flash SU. Reboot....wait....then set up.
My (limited) understanding of EFS backup is that it copies the partition with the kernel to a folder on your SDcard partition. If you have a problem in the future and restore a previous nandroid, having the EFS partition separately to restore may save the day.

Reactions: DurbanPoison24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off huge thanks to every dev in this thread. At the time my G2 was being repaired so I didn't get to help out

By following the steps below, you can run the new 4.4.2 kitkat rom from LG (and 4.4.2 stock modified roms to come) with our old partitions which are fully loki-able

DO THIS ENTIRE PROCESS AT YOUR OWN RISK - IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THESE DIRECTIONS, THEY ARE NOT FOR YOU. I TRIED TO MAKE THEM AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. THIS WILL WIPE YOUR WHOLE PHONE. THIS IS FOR D801 ONLY.

Also please no stupid questions, I will not answer. I will try to help with legitimate problems.

If you upgraded to 4.4.2 through the KDZ or flashed the 4.4.2 stock rom from smiley on this forum (since he included the new partitions) you must follow every step here. If you are still on 4.2.2 partitions (You have these if you currently are using an aosp / cm rom with a custom recovery) - Then you may go straight to step 5.

1. You must revert to stock 4.2.2 using this guide. You must restore to the C version. DO NOT USE G. You can find the link to 801C here.

2. Once you successfully flash this, your phone should boot loop on the T-Mobile screen. Boot into recovery (which is now LG's stock recovery) once you are in press power twice to data reset. Remove the USB cable from the phone when trying to boot to recovery, it makes it much easier for some reason. After data reset your phone should now boot into stock LG 4.2.2

3. Root your phone with this.

4. Install a custom recovery with this guide. The TWRP listed in this guide is old and you must this one instead. Method 1 works fine for this if anyone is wondering.

5. At this point you should have 4.2.2 partitions with root and custom recovery. Bet you wish you didn't update to 4.4.2 Stock at this point :good:

6. Boot into recovery. FULL WIPE EVERYTHING (Except for internal storage. This mean you wipe System Data Cache and Dalvik. Very Important.) Flash this Rom in recovery that I put together (And here is a Mirror). It contains the 4.4.2 KDZ system image with the 4.4.2 modem. Make sure you backup your EFS. The kernel inside this rom is stock LG 4.4.2 with a minor change to allow it to boot on the 4.2.2 bootloader. Thanks to the dev's in that thread who worked on it.

7. Flash SuperSU for root.

8. You are now on 4.4.2 Stock rom with recovery, root, loki and the ability to flash custom 4.4.2 stock kernels when they are released (soon)

At this point you will be able to flash any rom you want, including aosp stuff. Do not flash any other kernel on the included LG 4.4.2 stock rom. I will be making a custom kernel / 4.4 stock roms for this soon anyway :) - WHEN FLASHING 4.4.2 STOCK ROMS PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY DONT HAVE PARTITIONS BESIDES SYSTEM/MODEM/RPM/TZ INSIDE!!!! JUST OPEN THE ZIP AND CHECK INSIDE. ANYTHING EXTRA YOU WILL HAVE TO REDO THIS ENTIRE PROCESS !!!!!!!!
    I really hope devs stop putting up roms with the new partitions included.
    my updater script for kitkat is almost complete, I had to manually go through the stock rom with a file browser and figure out all the symlinks added in 4.4 and add them to the updater script (new modem symlinks, firmware, audio, etc)

figured mostly all the files that need special permissions for set metadata

Sleep time now but the next hour or two working on this will finally be able to have a working updaterscript so we can put out custom kitkat roms. I already have one ready (debloated near aosp levels but with all working LG features) Hopefully this will fix white line issues for people also
    I'm going to try to make a working updater script so I can extract the rom to flash that way. Hopefully it will solve white lines I'm not sure. I want to do this also because I made a maximum debloated stock rom that pretty doesn't have many more apps than aosp but has all LG features intact :good:
    I Flashed from g also.

I had the white screen issue as well, but I just now realized it could be because I was on 4.2.2G and not the C version. Could that be the problem we are all having?

The C and G are just ways to label the software version. The d80110c and d80110g are both for the d801...T-Mobile LG G2. But yea it seems to be an issue coming from 10g

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

And this is why the user a page back said that it was due to user error even though he got a smug I been doing this for years answer....... The op explicitly states use C version Do Not Use G version. Follow OP and viola problem avoided. It is a very common and very essential mist to fully read an OP before flashing anything to your phone. This will avoid a lot of unnecessary issues in threads here on xda. Also will avoid bricking your expensive phone.

It talks you through the downgrade for those that took the OTA so that it can then talk you through the update to 4.4 with the old partitions.

So what you are saying is that this free service offered has caused you to be so distressed at the wording of the title of the thread compared to the content that you needed to come and express your distain for it.

I get your point completely ?

OH SNAP