[S-OFF] Can't seem to get s-off

Search This thread

incapable

Oct 18, 2008
Hello all,

I seem to have quite a problem gaining s-off on my brand new HTC m8.
I've tried the firewater s-off method for which i unlocked my device.
Firewater just seems to give me the following message:

Code:
********** whelp, this sucks, firewater can not work on your device **********
********** no amount of reflashing, retrying, or ruuing will fix... **********
**********    DO NOT COME TO IRC ASKING FOR UPDATES OR ETAS!!!!!!   **********
**********  if we are able to fix this issue, it will be announced  **********
**********          bye bye.....sorry it didn't work out.           **********

Followed all the instructions as posted on the firewater page, also disabled verify apps, just to be sure i disabled my virus scanner(making sure nothing interferes) but nothing seems to work.

This is my getvar output:
Code:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.15.2133156.UA13G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.54.401.5
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: SH43MWM11546
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B10000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__E11
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: ab0efa49
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

If anyone could offer any help at all it would be very much appreciated, the firewater devs seem to be too busy to answer questions.

Thanks in advance,
Incapable

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Some models just can't be s-offed yet. I'm sure eventually a working method will be released for those that don't work with the current method.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

incapable

Oct 18, 2008
Some models just can't be s-offed yet. I'm sure eventually a working method will be released for those that don't work with the current method.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

I am aware of this, the weird thing is that i saw others with a m8_ul with cid htc__E11 that managed to get it working. Basicly, i'm wondering if there is something i missed

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
I am aware of this, the weird thing is that i saw others with a m8_ul with cid htc__E11 that managed to get it working. Basicly, i'm wondering if there is something i missed

No, that message is quite clear, you missed nothing, did nothing wrong. Your phone can not be s-offed. If you missed something firewater would have informed you. Beaups and the gang have been doing this a long time and their scripts will often detect and alert you if there's something you did wrong or missed.

Reactions: xsample

5par7acu5

Oct 4, 2014
Same boat

Yup I'm in the same boat :(

I'm on a Rogers HTC One M8 ... hopefully a way of getting s-off on these variants comes out. Me want GPE on me M8!!

Iceberger

Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine worked for me as well.
It seems Sunshine is very choosy on which ROM it will run. If the ROM and kernel are not stock enough, Sunshine will fail.
I've tried to use Sunshine from Stock ROM with the ElementalX kernel, InsertCoin and ViperOne which all failed.
ARHD v11.1 was the one ROM on which Sunshine worked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

myrmidon84

Oct 29, 2011
Fredericksburg
Sunshine worked for me as well.
It seems Sunshine is very choosy on which ROM it will run. If the ROM and kernel are not stock enough, Sunshine will fail.
I've tried to use Sunshine from Stock ROM with the ElementalX kernel, InsertCoin and ViperOne which all failed.
ARHD v11.1 was the one ROM on which Sunshine worked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I had the same problem and they said use a close to stock rom. To finally get sunshine to work I pushed a stock RUU and then ran sunshine and it worked for me. Now It was a biach because I by no means am a smart guy and had ot work with it, but, with all the time I've spent reading on this site and asking stupid questions I was able to do this myself. Do some reading and do a stock flash and then try sunshine. At worse you just have to unlock it again. Good luck.

jkolner

Sep 8, 2009
Aalborg
I had the same problem and they said use a close to stock rom. To finally get sunshine to work I pushed a stock RUU and then ran sunshine and it worked for me. Now It was a biach because I by no means am a smart guy and had ot work with it, but, with all the time I've spent reading on this site and asking stupid questions I was able to do this myself. Do some reading and do a stock flash and then try sunshine. At worse you just have to unlock it again. Good luck.

Tried with Firewather and Sunshine but no luck.
Im on ViperS Rom, so do you have a link to the Rom you flashed and got S-Off on?

myrmidon84

Oct 29, 2011
Fredericksburg
Tried with Firewather and Sunshine but no luck.
Im on ViperS Rom, so do you have a link to the Rom you flashed and got S-Off on?

I believe it was OMJ's thread in the sprint folder. I also went to the older ones and flashed the one that was the oldest. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2729173

Once I did that I was able to check and see if sunshine would work and it said it would then ran sunshine, flashed the updated firmware and that's where I am now.
Good luck

Top Liked Posts