[THEME][KIT KAT][n900P] All Backs Black Note 3 TouchWiz 4.4+ [15-06-2014]

Search This thread

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
@coldmethod here is the pictures and also for the one hand just to show you how it is if you find anything different ...

That looks like cr@p, and that focused/pressed tab at the top is all wrong. I will have a look at it.

Can anyone else confirm that this is what the dialer looks like? I ask as there seems to be some inconsistencies. But that could be due to the device variants.

Reactions: Kdio and GavinMazey

Jocutz1987

Oct 29, 2008
tampa
That looks like cr@p, and that focused/pressed tab at the top is all wrong. I will have a look at it.

Can anyone else confirm that this is what the dialer looks like? I ask as there seems to be some inconsistencies. But that could be due to the device variants.

No that was me I change it lol I change the framework on it everything is fine on your end I just change some color from the s5 that's all everything is working the way it supposed to I should of put that in the post

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: GavinMazey

GavinMazey

Apr 4, 2010
Englewood, FL
Google Pixel 4a
Here's what my dialer looks like
4y2ady6y.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: coldmethod

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
No that was me I change it lol I change the framework on it everything is fine on your end I just change some color from the s5 that's all everything is working the way it supposed to I should of put that in the post

lol, I was starting to bug out... thanks for the update. I had already started going through everything. :D

Here's what my dialer looks like

How does the one handed dialer look?

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Update

Hi All,

See OP for update.

09/06/2014

- MMS conversation bubbles darkened
- Dialler icons fixed

There is also an enhanced file in the OP for the fre3 & VISION-X users.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Cheers.

Last edited:

GavinMazey

Apr 4, 2010
Englewood, FL
Google Pixel 4a
@coldmethod. Theme seems to be working perfect on fre3 update 2.16 and so is the extra zip. I did notice a few things with the messaging app. Not due to the rom update. If you have delay set on your messages the color before it sends is almost unreadable. Also the link color is pretty hard to read too. And third if you turn on pop up display it is white.
Screens
emymetab.jpg

And
uha2ymyp.jpg

none are big issues or deal breakers for me. Still absolutely love the theme.

Sent from my SM-N900P

Reactions: micmars

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
@coldmethod. Theme seems to be working perfect on fre3 update 2.16 and so is the extra zip. I did notice a few things with the messaging app. Not due to the rom update. If you have delay set on your messages the color before it sends is almost unreadable. Also the link color is pretty hard to read too. And third if you turn on pop up display it is white.
Screens
emymetab.jpg

And
uha2ymyp.jpg

none are big issues or deal breakers for me. Still absolutely love the theme.

Sent from my SM-N900P

Which version did you use?

Sent From My 0x1 Note 3.i love tep....

Reactions: micmars

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Screens

Hey Gavin,

These are all easy fixes, I'll have a look later today then hit you up if your keen to test.

Cheers.

Michael Gaines

Sep 7, 2008
Chicago
Really cool theme but I believe the settings.apk broke my ability to change the lockscreen from swipe. All options are grayed out except for pin and password but those can't be set either. Got the message that it's due to administrative settings, credentials or encryption but none of those are the culprit. Running fre3 hybrid 2.16.

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Really cool theme but I believe the settings.apk broke my ability to change the lockscreen from swipe. All options are grayed out except for pin and password but those can't be set either. Got the message that it's due to administrative settings, credentials or encryption but none of those are the culprit. Running fre3 hybrid 2.16.

Hey Michael,

There is no actual apk for SecSettings in the theme, just image files that are injected into the apk on your device. Plus there are no XML edits for this particular app either, therefore it can't break anything. The only apk's that are replaced are Phone, Contacts and Mms. There are plenty of fre3 users on here, maybe one of them can assist you.

Good Luck.

Reactions: Kdio

Michael Gaines

Sep 7, 2008
Chicago
Alright, thanks for the reply. I looked in my application manager and saw there were 2 different settings apps, one with the icon of the settings menu being used and another settings app that I assumed was the one pre installed with the rom. I'm sure the one I can't access is causing interference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Me said:

Hi all,

Obviously I haven't been maintaining this thread/theme for some time... I think it is safe to say that it has been abandoned, I have removed all of the remaining download links although you can find everything that was posted on this thread here.

Cheers.

Me said:
    Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.

rpav5Fj.png

See below for some screens.

Dy2Fz8E.png

S5 MMS & Settings

t24CuCL.png

See further below for Download links, changelog and a list of ROM's All Backs Black has been reported working on.

I have added this thread here for those that don't venture into other Note 3 forums. Plus it will be easier to manage the enhanced ABB files.

Original thread here.

If you post in this thread please don't double post in other ABB threads.

Feast your eyes on All Backs Black for Note3 TW 4.4+ (Rooted) Odexed or Deodexed by the original creator @Kdio.

This is a tried and proven theme that has been implemented on both the S3 & S4. In saying that, this is not a port, this theme was made ground up by Kdio and myself for the Note3.

Some users install this theme for battery efficiency; I prefer to use it purely for aesthetics I find it more pleasing to the eye than the stock TouchWiz interface colours.

For those of you that prefer something simple and done right or would like a reported 20% more battery, this theme is probably for you.

Neither I nor the original creator of this theme are responsible for any damage you do to your device. Flash at your own risk.

A few words from the Man you should be grateful to if you decide to flash and use this theme.

Theme Creator Kdio said:
    Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

If, as is mine, your main device concern is lifetime and not the looks, give this a try and share your experience. Mine has been fantastic!

What is themed:
    - ClockPackage_OSup
    - MultiWindowTrayService
    - JobManager
    - Keyguard
    - MusicPlayerWT
    - Popupcalculator
    - SamsungIME
    - SecCalculator_3d
    - SecCalculator2
    - SecContacts_OSup
    - SecDownloadProviderUi
    - SecEmail_J
    - SecGallery2013
    - SecLauncher4
    - SecMms
    - SecPhone
    - SecSettings
    - SPlanner_2013
    - SystemUI
    - framework-res
    - twframework-res

Notice: If you flash this theme just after flashing the ROM (before first boot) Desk and Lock screen will be setted to black.

Requirements:

- Samsung Stock TouchWiz Rooted KitKat 4.4+ ROM
    - Custom Recovery

Install:

- Enter CWM recovery;
    - Install Core files Zip from below
    - Reboot your device and Profit!!! If like me you are OCD and suffer from ORD or if you have any issues (with the theme), wipe Cache and Dalvik.

Uninstall:

- Enter CWM recovery
    - Wipe Cache and Dalvik
    - Reflash your ROM zip (no need to wipe data)
    - Restart your device, Done!!!

Updates:

- Enter CWM recovery;
    - Install latest iteration
    - Reboot your device and Profit!!! (If you have any issues wipe Cache and Dalvik.)

This Theme should work on any Stock Rooted 4.4+ TouchWiz Odexed or Deodexed ROM (Just install the All Backs Black core files from below and all should be good.).

If you try this theme on a ROM that isn't listed below please let us know. Also if you have any issues or general comments feel free to chime in.

Downloads

Look here.

Changelog

Code:
    15/06/2014

- Blacked out Pen Window
    - Revamped S5 MMS

[B]09/06/2014[/B]

- Dialler icons fixed 

[B]08/06/2014[/B]

- WiFi calling icon fixed
    - Mms apk name corrected
    - Removed themed XML's from email apk
    - Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

[B]06/06/2014[/B]
    - n900P Release

Roms this theme has been reported working on.:

- fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.14
    - ViSiON-X 2.0

Credits:

- @Kdio for his awesome work on this amazing theme (be sure to seek him out and thank him, it costs nothing)
    - @freeza for his MMS wake on receipt fix for the S5 MMS Port
    - @micmars for pointing the MMS fix out and pointing me in the right direction
    - @Jocutz1987 for being an awesome Guinea Pig and making sure it was perfect for the n900 users
    Update

Hi All,

See the OP for an update to the core files.

- Blacked out Pen Window
    - Revamped S5 MMS

If there are any issues let me know.

Happy Flashing.
    Update

Hi All,

See OP for update.

09/06/2014

- Dialler icons fixed

There is also an enhanced file in the OP for the fre3 & VISION-X users.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Cheers.
    Any noticeable improvement with battery life?

Have a look at the below...

Objective:

As extensively researched by the community, the use of black backgrounds in OLED (AMOLED and Super AMOLED) devices may lead to a gain up to 20% more battery juice. As related information, you can find some maths here and this xda experiment.

Speaking from my own experience I can't honestly say, I have been using a blacked out theme for so long I can't remember what the battery was like before. There are those that say it works wonders and those that disagree, as with all things. I use it because I like the look. Give it a go and find out yourself, make a backup, flash and test. Plus you can always just dirty flash to wipe the theme if you're not happy. Let us know how it works for you.

Good Luck.

Hi All,

Just a quick note to those that keep up with this thread, as you would have seen I haven't been very active of late.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I am too busy with "real life" to sink time into this project.

I am not abandoning this project, there are many things I have planned and am working on to extend and improve upon this theme. When time permits I will finish what I have started and release a new version.

In the meantime there are plenty of users that have used this theme for a while and can help you with any issues you may have.

If I haven't replied to your quote, mention or PM, I will endeavour to do so in the coming week.

Thanks.
    Update

Hi All,

See the OP for an update.

This is untested as I'm flying blind, but it should be all good.

08/06/2014

- WiFi calling icon fixed
    - Mms apk name corrected
    - Removed themed XML's from email apk
    - Call and S-Voice icons in dialer fixed

If there are any issues let me know asap.