|July 4|RAPH| .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-|Energy| 21916|29022 - Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Titanium

Search This thread

OlSarge

Jul 6, 2007
St Louis metro area
I knew you're wondering... :p now I wonder: do you have video larger than 5 minutes to play and see if it pauses before it ends? (only if using Mercury ROM)

I flashed AYCE (Latest) ROM and (besides been "not as nice as" NRG's) it played video flawlessly... been both 21921 build and all... dunno what to say...:(

Not too sure what the problem with mine is,
Looks like when im using TomTom it doesnt stop the device going to sleep like it did before (i think it was 1 of the 1st EnergyROM 3.0 Builds "Phoienix" maybe?)

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? (dont use TomTom too much but when i do this is annoying)

Yeah, it's happening to me too, with movies and TomTom. I didn't post a "me too" yet because I wanted time to search for a fix, see if I could figure out a fix, and if not then hard reset and try it without any of the crap I add after each flash. Just haven't had much time to play. I'll do that tomorrow night, and report back if I figure it out, in case other lurkers are having the problem.

Last edited:

mbpiano

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
tomtom

Not too sure what the problem with mine is,
Looks like when im using TomTom it doesnt stop the device going to sleep like it did before (i think it was 1 of the 1st EnergyROM 3.0 Builds "Phoienix" maybe?)

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it? (dont use TomTom too much but when i do this is annoying)

yeap, me too- tomtom goes to sleep and clock sometimes stuck on 0....

laverda

Jul 24, 2007
im having a problem with the flip clock the top half is showing the time and the bottom half is showing 0:00 is there a tweak or fix for this?

Could you please try this and let us know if it works... slide your thumb up the clock screen to reduce the clock size then slide your thumb back down to enlarge it and see if it corrects...

I did this inadvertantely the other night and it fixed mine :)

gula187

Dec 16, 2007
Could you please try this and let us know if it works... slide your thumb up the clock screen to reduce the clock size then slide your thumb back down to enlarge it and see if it corrects...

I did this inadvertantely the other night and it fixed mine :)

no it does not work that what i was doing for the last two days:(

BigBadger

May 2, 2008
Folsom, CA
Celsius in calendar

Hi all -
I'm sorry if this is a duplicate with an obvious answer - I searched the forum and have seen this question asked before (for instance, here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4045981&postcount=358) in an early EnergyROM thread but not answered.

I just upgraded to Mercury from a EnergyROM 1.0 build, which was my one and only flash; gotta say I love it!

I'm using the "standard" installation.

If I flick my way on over to the weather tab I'm able to set the temperature to read in Fahrenheit for my city no problem...however when I enter my calendar and go to today, the temperature is listed in Celsius. I can't seem to click on it, and there's no options soft key.

I've clicked my way through the settings and don't seem to see any setting to change the calendar-temperature to Fahrenheit; can someone please point me in the right direction to change the calendar temperature to Fahrenheit?

...I've only had the ROM for maybe an hour thus far, but so far I'm loving it! Thanks!!!

I think you will find that is true in all of the ROMs that use derivitives of xboxmod's Rhodium Manila stuff.

laverda

Jul 24, 2007
gula187, sorry it didn't help. First time it happened to me I just did a hard reset and started again but the second time I just did as I previously suggested and it sorted by itself. I hope you find a solution.

BigBadger

May 2, 2008
Folsom, CA
This ROM is awesome! Everything I need is running well, but the keyboard, on my german Touch Pro, doesn't change to qwertz :( (Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Input -> set to "full qwerty" and then options -> german; Keyboard has been set from Fuze to Touch Pro aswell)
T9 has been changed to german, and works well.

Somebody here got a idea what i can try else? or is it a bug?

the ROM is WWE (World Wide English) so your difficulty in getting it to work witha Germain keybord is not a "bug" or defect. I think you'll find that others have been successful in setting up their keyboards for other languages however. Have you searched on "language keyboard"?

BigBadger

May 2, 2008
Folsom, CA
the connections does not set up my MMS settings..in this rom

Thanks for letting us know!

Wait a second. You actually didn't tell us anything.

Maybe you should include some information about your situation like:

The model phone you flashed to
The specific version and flavor of the ROM that you flashed
What your carrier is.
Where you live.

:rolleyes:

BigBadger

May 2, 2008
Folsom, CA
2 weird problems, updated from the 29th build. One I've got some crazy battery drain. It will die fast, then sometimes after I do a soft reset the battery is sometimes as much as 10% more or less than before reset.

Im using recommended radio as I did last time. 1.14.25.05 pretty sure the cab is still there, or do I need to re-install that also? Also, I cant for the life of me get my GPS to do anything.

Also, anyone know a decent weather app? With live radar etc?

Edit: Reinstalled cab for 1.14.25.05 gps still dead in all aspects, never gets a lock... Is it com 3 or 4? Battery drain seems fixed, but it was intermittent hardcore drain anyhow.

Did you try looking for any answers?

Crazy battery drain (whatever that means) is not typical. check out one of the first posts in the thread.

GPS? Lots of chatter about that. Search.

Decent weather app? Manilla, Titanium, standalone? You might try searcing for that as well.

ferus

Aug 19, 2008
Button settings still not working

Hi,

I've been using Mercury ROM since Saturday and so far the only thing not working is the Button settings - I can't launch the camera by pressing and holding the Send key.
I get an error message saying: "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename".
I checked all the shorctuts and found the following:

Camera.lnk in \Windows
HTC_Camera.lnk in \Windows
Camera.lnk in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Multimedia

All three shortcuts point to the same file - Camera.exe in \Windows.

Is there another shortcut that I missed that could be pointing to the wrong filename? Or is the problem elsewhere?
I appreciate any help.

EDIT: One more thing came to my mind - I can't seem to add more Favourite programs in the Titanium's Favorites tab. When I choose Add/Remove I only get a white screen with Open and Done softkeys. I can't change or add anything. Does anybody know how this thing is supposed to work? And if anybody knows how to work with Chome Editor please let me know, so far I wasn't able to do anything with it :-( Thanks

Last edited:

vikramdhani

Apr 2, 2006
hey how is everyone finding the new rom and do you think it is a safe idea for me or anyone else to update to the latest version of the rom

laverda

Jul 24, 2007
hey how is everyone finding the new rom and do you think it is a safe idea for me or anyone else to update to the latest version of the rom

nope, save us all some hassle and don't do it :p

seriously, read the thread and make up your own mind, its working fine for hundreds of people with a few quirky little issues more to do with wm 6.5 still being in development rather than NRG's cooking... will it work for you? Only one way to find out :D

Imixsan

Apr 5, 2008
Increase in battery life

Hi NRGZ,

I have been testing Radios for the last two or three months.
Mostly everytime I changed a Radio I was getting variations of plus/less 20% in the duration of my battery, always with very similar pattern of use.
Last week I upgraded from 1.14.25.05 (according to your ROM recommendation) to Blackstone Radio 1.14.25.24.
I have to tell that FOR ME, this is working amazingly good, I have managed to increase the battery life substantially.

Just for you to know:

• I did not use 3G or data.
    I used 20 minutes GPS
    I had about 1 1/2 hour calls.
    Bluetooth enabled during the whole day (1 hr with my BT Headset + 8 hours to my laptop Activesync) and the rest of the day is also on but without activity.
    Some 20 minutes gaming.
    Some 20 minutes wireless

I suspect that my battery is loosing charge capacity but I jumped from 10% at the end of the day to 40%.

Maybe it can help someone.

Last edited:

aro

Jun 25, 2005
Munich
I use active sync with two computers

Is anyone here syncing Outlook contacts & calendar on more than one computer? Not direct exchange sync, just simple Activesync sync with Outlook on 2 computers?

I used to sync both at work and at home, but Activesync got flaky on me a long time ago, and I haven't tried to sync on 2 computers since. For the last few months, I've only sync'd at work. I'd like to have contacts & calendar sync'd both at home & at work, mostly just to make it easier to flash at home.

I apologize in advance if this off-topic post offends anyone, I just thought the thread for the current ROM I'm using might provide an answer.

Thanks -

Hi,
I sync my Contacts and Agenda with my Windows XP at work and Vista at home.
You need to change following reg key first to enable it (but you probably know):
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync\EnableNonLocalCrossPollination]
= (DWORD) 1

Every now and then after I flashed a new NRG rom and set up the new partnerships, I end up with some contacts and/or birthdays in my agenda being doubled (not a rom problem!).
In that case I use SK Tools to clean up.

Last edited:

Forever022

Jun 19, 2008
Hi. I been searching for a solution for the MMS settings. I guess im not the only one having problems with MMS..
I get the notification for incoming MMS but it cant download...same thing cant upload any MMS

I have a Fuze
and using the latest rom Mercury 7/14/09
ATT... live in the Bay Area

===============================
Another thing, (probably not apropriate for this post) but back when I had a tilt there was a cab that fixed the max MMS size from 300 kbs to 3MB
Been looking for something similar for the fuze /touchpro but no success... I installed that Raisaks cab but it doesnt work for the fuze.
Also the MMS problem happen before installing Raisaks cab

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) device.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• The 21916 Build which is the most reliable, fast and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner just like a stock ROM. I recommend you start with this first! :)

• The 29022 Build that's the latest in the 6.5.X series with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys. These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. These are also much more finger friendly throughout.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
    I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

If you own an European\Asian Touch PRO, use the "Keyboard Selector" application under Utilities > Tweaks (after you flash the ROM) to select the "Pro" keyboard layout. The ROM comes with the american AT&T Fuze layout enabled by default.

This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed, however it's still in 'beta'. Cookie 1.8.5 is considered the less complicated and stable build for now.

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc
    _LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

Sense%20Home%20Cookie.png
    Sense%20Email.png
    Sense%20Music.png
    Sense%20Settings.png
    Sense%20Facebook.png
    Sense%20CallHistory.png

Start%20Menu.png
    Start%20Menu%20Settings.png
    Start%20Menu%20Settings%20System.png
    Start%20Menu%20Internet.png
    Start%20Menu%20Tools.png

Dialer.png
    Email.png
    Messaging.png
    Lockscreen.png

nrgenergize.png

List of installed applications

Games

• Bubble Breaker
    • Solitaire
    • Teeter
    GPS

• Digital Compass
    • QuickGPS
    • Google Maps
    • HTC GPSTool
    • ChartCross GPS Test
    Internet

• Opera 9.7
    • Jbed Java
    • RSS Hub
    • Remote Desktop
    • A couple of widgets for ROM Updates
    • MSN Messenger and Windows Live
    • Barnes Noble eReader
    • Facebook
    • Palringo
    • Windows Live
    • Messenger
    • Bing
    • Send and Receive All
    • Data Controller
    Multimedia

• Audio Booster
    • FM Radio
    • MP3 Trimmer
    • Voice Recorder
    • YouTube
    • TCPMP
    • InCall Recording
    Office Mobile

• Full suite of Office Mobile 2010
    Tools

• BsB Tweaks
    • Flashlight
    • Lock Device
    • Microsoft MyPhone
    • Registry Editor
    • PIM Backup
    • FDC TaskManager
    • Wifi Router
    • XDA UC
    • My own Settings Exporter tool
    • Shake and Save (screenshot app)
    • Wifi Monster
    • Wifi Router (internet sharing app)
    • tBattery
    On the Start Menu

• Backlight control app
    • Total Commander
    • Rotate Screen (by clicking icon or by pushing down Send key)
    • Windows Marketplace

ROM features at a glance:

• Very fast startup time. You won't find any startup wizards in this ROM. You'll be up and running in a couple minutes after flashing the ROM and ready to go. No need to spend time to set everything up.

• XDA_UC is built in. It will import your custom XML and REG files from your storage card after first boot.

• My own Settings Exporter application is found in the Tools folder. Use it to export all your settings after you customize the device. When a new ROM comes down the line, use it to import everything and save time.

• Everything is setup to use the phone right after flashing. Sounds, notifications, all options, etc

• The HTC Messaging client is removed, leaving the windows built SMS client for much faster texting, but still able to use a nicely skinned Sense text messaging app with "iphone style" messaging bubbles.
    EnergyStandard.png

'Standard' ROMs that have no addons installed on the homescreen. Stock Sense 2.5 !

'Energy'

• This series retains the stock functionality of the Sense UI. The files have been compressed by "CFC" compression. making the UI lighter and faster
    • This ROM still retains my theme and style, plus all the regular apps you find in my ROMs.
    • There are no homescreen addon-ons in this ROM. The best speed and the most stock functionality.

MaxSense.png
    Titanium.png

MaxSense UI (android style homescreen)

• This is a complete rewrite of the Sense homescreen, by maxycy.
    • It features a 3 screen, Android style, homescreen with widgets! The widgets can be placed ANYWHERE on the three screens.
    • 75 Quicklink accessible on all tabs
    • You should really visit the original thread for this mod shown on the next line to see all the features!
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <.
    Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)

• This is a minimal ROM version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
    • You can use it to install alternate homescreen interfaces like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
    • Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense...

Click the following link for addons, XDA_UC help and various cabs specific to this ROM series

Camera / G-Sensor Issue

In the Rhodium, I found that HTCSensorSDK.dll was missing in both the December 11th and December 13th ROMs.

I found this by running depends.exe on Camera.exe.

I saw that HTCSensorSDK.dll was a dependency.

Since there were also G-Sensor issue, it seemed like a likely cause.

I uploaded my December 5th version of that file. A user applied it.

The Camera started working.

That particular file might not be compatible with the Raphael, so I recommend someone look at the last ROM where the camera worked. backup HTCSensorSDK.dll from the windows folder.

Flash the latest ROM. Then copy the backed up file to the windows folder.

If it works, then zip it up and upload it.

Hope this helps. If it does, please remember the Thanks button.