Powerpoint Remote?

Search This thread

DomZH

Nov 2, 2013
Hey Gents!

Does anyone know about a powerpoint presenter for the gear? this would be totally awesome if i could steer my presentations with my gear :D
i dont need the presentation itself on the watch, only buttons for for- and backwards (like media player remote).

any ideas on existing solutions or possible workarounds?

Reactions: kuwaitvista

nikkobenson

Jul 17, 2007
Hey Gents!

Does anyone know about a powerpoint presenter for the gear? this would be totally awesome if i could steer my presentations with my gear :D
i dont need the presentation itself on the watch, only buttons for for- and backwards (like media player remote).

I wouldn't try this.

I cannot think of any easy and reliable way to do this. The problem is the phone doesn't have WiFi. So you can't get the phone and computer on the same network. If you could, you could use "Unified Remote" to accomplish this easily.

Possible ways to do this are with Tasker + Autoremote + Null ROM. Or Null ROM + Unified Remote + Tethering (though I'm not sure if tethering would share the device's local network with you or just it's cell network).

Problem is with either of the above 2 possibilities, there are too many parts that can fail, and you wouldn't want that happening during a presentation which is why I recommend not doing it.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I wouldn't try this.

I cannot think of any easy and reliable way to do this. The problem is the phone doesn't have WiFi. So you can't get the phone and computer on the same network. If you could, you could use "Unified Remote" to accomplish this easily.

Possible ways to do this are with Tasker + Autoremote + Null ROM. Or Null ROM + Unified Remote + Tethering (though I'm not sure if tethering would share the device's local network with you or just it's cell network).

Problem is with either of the above 2 possibilities, there are too many parts that can fail, and you wouldn't want that happening during a presentation which is why I recommend not doing it.

Actually, having said all that, look at what I found:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.rozkovec.android&hl=en

If you could pair to 2 devices at the same time PC & your note 3 (null rom?) this could work for you.

Reactions: kuwaitvista

Amdathlonuk

May 10, 2009
Abergavenny
I've been trying to get this to work, however I cannot get the Gear to communicate with my Laptop, so it looks like you have to play the presentation through the phone only, however you you can't install that software on the phone.

More investigation required I think.....

Last edited:

DomZH

Nov 2, 2013
thank you guys for your research and input!
so first way would be to get null rom and sideload a bluetooth remote to controll directly from my watch w/o phone?
is there a way without null?:confused:

thank you so much in advance

nikkobenson

Jul 17, 2007
The reason you'd need Null is because it allows you to be tethered to 2 devices at once. Otherwise, you'd lose the connection to your phone.

Don't be scared of Null. I was, but I really wanted tasker and autovoice/autoremote so I dove in. Null comes with the stock launcher so you're actually not losing anything. You have all of the same features you have now, plus much much more.

Reactions: DomZH

DomZH

Nov 2, 2013
You have all of the same features you have now, plus much much more.

thank you man!! this helps me a lot, especially that you told me about keeping the stock launche. i was scared because i did not wanted to have tiny icons and fiddly touch controlls on the gear like on a cheap 50 dollar china watch.

i will try it :)

nikkobenson

Jul 17, 2007
Yeah. I had the same worries. Good luck. You're going to kick butt switching slides with your watch. James Bond style.

kps_foo

Oct 6, 2011
Chandigarh
Hey Gents!

Our product has Pebble support but we are thinking of adding more smartwatch support now that Android Wear has been announced. Check out SlideCinch at www.slidecinch.com.

Disclaimer, I am the Developer of SlideCinch and it is still in alpha.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Gents!

Hey Gents!

I wouldn't try this.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I wouldn't try this.

Actually, having said all that, look at what I found:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.rozkovec.android&hl=en

If you could pair to 2 devices at the same time PC & your note 3 (null rom?) this could work for you.
    The reason you'd need Null is because it allows you to be tethered to 2 devices at once. Otherwise, you'd lose the connection to your phone.

Don't be scared of Null. I was, but I really wanted tasker and autovoice/autoremote so I dove in. Null comes with the stock launcher so you're actually not losing anything. You have all of the same features you have now, plus much much more.