[Q] cwm 6.0.4.4 wont install

Search This thread

bkwas

Jul 15, 2013
redondo beach
currently have cwm 6.0.1.2-siyah. trying to install 6.0.4.4 so I can use kitkat rom but it wont install. install complete message shows but when I reboot old cwm still there. Help please.

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
What kernel are you using to achieve cwm 6.0.4.4?
Please describe the method that you are using to install the kernel.

currently have cwm 6.0.1.2-siyah. trying to install 6.0.4.4 so I can use kitkat rom but it wont install. install complete message shows but when I reboot old cwm still there. Help please.

Reactions: SteveMurphy

bkwas

Jul 15, 2013
redondo beach

kernel version 3.10.0-R93-AJK_v4.9_NoSwap-
root@DevDistro #1
copied sgh-i777 cwm v6.0.4.4zip to ext card and internal card then installed from ext and internal pulled battery then booted to recovery. Neither worked.
Thanks

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
I assume that the AJK kernel is your current kernel?
The recovery of these devices is a part of the kernel, so you will need to install a complete kernel to install the recovery -UNLESS- you are using an s959g.

1) Are you using an sgh-i777 or sgh-s959g?
2) Which KK firmware are you interested in installing? almost all of them link to a recommended kernel in the OP.

root@DevDistro #1
copied sgh-i777 cwm v6.0.4.4zip to ext card and internal card then installed from ext and internal pulled battery then booted to recovery. Neither worked.
Thanks

bkwas

Jul 15, 2013
redondo beach
The recovery of these devices is a part of the kernel, so you will need to install a complete kernel to install the recovery -UNLESS- you are using an s959g.

2) Which KK firmware are you interested in installing? almost all of them link to a recommended kernel in the OP.

AJK kernel is my kernel
using an sgh-i777
AoCP-72-i777.zip

would that kernel be RenderBroken CM-11 Kernel.zip?

Last edited:

bkwas

Jul 15, 2013
redondo beach

AJK kernel is my kernel
using an sgh-i777
AoCP-72-i777.zip

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
Honestly, I'm not sure which kernel aocp uses.

I recommend trying to flash render's cwm kernel, then reboot to recovery and see what happens.

AJK kernel is my kernel
using an sgh-i777
AoCP-72-i777.zip

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: SteveMurphy

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
AJK kernel is my kernel
using an sgh-i777
AoCP-72-i777.zip

I think you should read the OP of the AOCP rom you want to run. Read it thoroughly before you attempt anything at all - it tells you exactly what kernel will work with their rom.

Conversely, AOCP is no longer supported for our device! So that means you'll be on your own should you run into any problems.

There are several KK roms around that are current and fully supported - you'd be better off going with one of those.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

root@DevDistro #1
    Thanks
    This? RenderBroken CM-11 Kernel.zip

That file-name does not correlate with the latest of Render's work.
    The download link from the OP of Render's kernel thread should lead you to Mediafire, at which point you select CWM, and download the kernel.
    AJK kernel is my kernel
    using an sgh-i777
    AoCP-72-i777.zip

I think you should read the OP of the AOCP rom you want to run. Read it thoroughly before you attempt anything at all - it tells you exactly what kernel will work with their rom.

Conversely, AOCP is no longer supported for our device! So that means you'll be on your own should you run into any problems.

There are several KK roms around that are current and fully supported - you'd be better off going with one of those.

Honestly, I'm not sure which kernel aocp uses.

I recommend trying to flash render's cwm kernel, then reboot to recovery and see what happens.

AJK kernel is my kernel
    using an sgh-i777
    AoCP-72-i777.zip

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app