[Q] 4.0.1 to 4.0.4? Engineering model

Search This thread

jrcannon

Feb 20, 2009
Hello,

I am new to the Galaxy Nexus and 4.0. I traded for a Nexus and it appears to be a unlocked engineering model currently running 4.0.1

I flashed the newest version of clockwork recovery on and see that the new 4.0.4 for GSM was released today. I am reading a lot of back and forth regarding the compatibility of the release so I figured I would check here before I dig in.

Am I able to simply put the 4.0.4 GSM release on my SD and wipe/flash using Clockwork install from zip? or is there something I am missing.

I don't care about losing all my data. I would appreciate any help guys!

Model Number: Galaxy Nexus (ENGINEERING)
Android Version: 4.0.1
Baseband version: I9250UGKKA
Kernel version: 3.0.1-ga052f63
android-build@apa28 #1
Build number: ITL41F.I9250UGKKA

jrcannon

Feb 20, 2009
Looks like I am on yakjuux. Am I able to move to jakju 4.0.2 and then update to 4.0.4?

Sorry for the back and forth I just need to get the various version straight before I start going crazy flashing

Last edited:

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hello,

I am new to the Galaxy Nexus and 4.0. I traded for a Nexus and it appears to be a unlocked engineering model currently running 4.0.1

I flashed the newest version of clockwork recovery on and see that the new 4.0.4 for GSM was released today. I am reading a lot of back and forth regarding the compatibility of the release so I figured I would check here before I dig in.

Am I able to simply put the 4.0.4 GSM release on my SD and wipe/flash using Clockwork install from zip? or is there something I am missing.

android-build@apa28 #1

Would you mind doing a couple of things before you flash anything please?

1) Could you check the version of your bootloader? Reboot into the bootloader and read it from there. If you have an engineering version, I'd REALLY appreciate a dump before you flash anything over it.
2) Could you dump your radio? If you don't know how to do it, I can guide you through it. You need root.

We haven't been able to get ahold of any engineering bootloaders/radios yet, and it seems you lucked out.

It would be very much appreciated!!! Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

android-build@apa28 #1

Would you mind doing a couple of things before you flash anything please?

1) Could you check the version of your bootloader? Reboot into the bootloader and read it from there. If you have an engineering version, I'd REALLY appreciate a dump before you flash anything over it.
    2) Could you dump your radio? If you don't know how to do it, I can guide you through it. You need root.

We haven't been able to get ahold of any engineering bootloaders/radios yet, and it seems you lucked out.

It would be very much appreciated!!! Thanks.