Official 2000mAH Battery w/ Back Cover Review

Search This thread

xl DIGITAL lx

May 13, 2010
Los Angeles
So I decided to purchase an extended battery for the Galaxy Nexus since the original (1750 mAH) battery didn't really live up to my expectations. The original battery gave decent battery life and kept the thickness of the phone to a minimum.

After receiving the battery from ebay member: mulkin, I had inspected the battery and confirmed that it was indeed the "official" extended battery for the GSM model.

I wasn't expecting the battery to come in a couple days since it was coming from South Korea, but it did take less than a week to get here to South California. Packaging was very nice and kept the battery and back cover well protected.

phph9kBn1AM.jpg

phpqTnt0MAM.jpg

The extended battery cover that was included with the extended battery still has the same texture as the original. The phone also feels better with the new battery cover. The slight thickness it adds still maintains the phones low profile. The only thing it loses is the slight curve of the original battery cover right above the rear speaker. NFC works perfectly and isn't affected at all, it also works well if your using the stock battery with the extended back cover.

phpZCdCu6AM.jpg

Overall, I am happy with the product. Battery life has definitely improved over the couple days I was using it. I am going to attach screenshots of the battery life I am getting, as well as pictures of the extended battery on the phone soon. If you have any questions, just leave a comment.
Thanks.

Last edited:

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Thank you for the review with pictures. I have the battery as well, there is a existing thread in regards to this topic to anyone who wants additional information about this battery before making a purchase.

I personally purchased mines from shimshop.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Sam...Accessories&hash=item1c222d0cea#ht_4976wt_905

Also genuine, ~$36 ships from South Korea.. takes about 1.5 weeks. Negri also sells this battery as well but it's ~$50.

esuohe

Aug 1, 2011
Montreal
The phone also feels better with the new battery cover. The slight thickness it adds still maintains the phones low profile.

+1

Thanks for posting this. I was also surprised how quickly this was shipped in from South Korea (to Montreal, CA).

Also, FWIW, my Otterbox Commuter and SGP Ultra Capsules fit perfectly with the new battery door and larger battery.

And to throw this out there, you can easily get through 24 hours of casual to moderate usage on this thing... And for heavy days, I reach 4 hours of screen on time with ~25-30% remaining (@12 hours unplugged).

var1126

Sep 7, 2010
:)

I couldn't agree more with your thread.

I also like the fact that - when you set your phone down (without a case), it lies perfect FLAT.

Depends on your own preference, but the aesthetics of it pleases me greatly. :D

ProficienTICS

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
Mine arrived today and I love it. it does add some weight but just feels more sold.looking forward to seeing what screen time I can achieve with this

stereoprologic

Sep 18, 2010
First off, thanks for the quick review. I'm thinking about ordering one of those too.

Could you tell me if the new battery cover has any gap to the actual phone, by that I mean... does it fit the phone perfectly or does it make any noise when pushing on it?

xl DIGITAL lx

May 13, 2010
Los Angeles
First off, thanks for the quick review. I'm thinking about ordering one of those too.

Could you tell me if the new battery cover has any gap to the actual phone, by that I mean... does it fit the phone perfectly or does it make any noise when pushing on it?

The new battery cover has no gap at all. It does fit perfectly and there is no noise at all when pushing on the battery cover. I want to attach pictures of the battery on the phone but I don't have a camera on me at the moment.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Leemur89

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Only 4 hours on screen time? I average over 5 on mobile data with mine, pre 404. I need to do a rundown test to see how much now, probably closer to 6 hours. I do have auto brightness on though. The mah difference isn't huge, but I'll take all I can get and if it even gives a half hour more screen time then its worth it. Feels better in the hand too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

stereoprologic

Sep 18, 2010
Could you take a picture of the "inside" of the battery cover please? Would be much appreciated... :) I'm still thinking about buying one for my phone.

onthecouchagain

Aug 13, 2010
I've done some research and it looks like the extra 250 mah will give you about a 14% boost in battery life. So, imagine as if you start out with ~114% battery life, as oppose to ~100%.

Hm... still undecided if that's worth the extra $36 and slight thickness added to the phone...

Reactions: QuentinLangley

stereoprologic

Sep 18, 2010
I've done some research and it looks like the extra 250 mah will give you about a 14% boost in battery life. So, imagine as if you start out with ~114% battery life, as oppose to ~100%.

Hm... still undecided if that's worth the extra $36 and slight thickness added to the phone...

I like how your avatar fits your final conclusion :D

xl DIGITAL lx

May 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Only 4 hours on screen time? I average over 5 on mobile data with mine, pre 404. I need to do a rundown test to see how much now, probably closer to 6 hours. I do have auto brightness on though. The mah difference isn't huge, but I'll take all I can get and if it even gives a half hour more screen time then its worth it. Feels better in the hand too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Wow 5 hours
, that's not bad. I probably would have gotten that too but that day where I took that screen shot, I was listening to a lot of music so that's why the screen time was sort of low.

Could you take a picture of the "inside" of the battery cover please? Would be much appreciated... :) I'm still thinking about buying one for my phone.
42d68e93-004d-18f0.jpg

Good enough? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I like how your avatar fits your final conclusion :D
    So I decided to purchase an extended battery for the Galaxy Nexus since the original (1750 mAH) battery didn't really live up to my expectations. The original battery gave decent battery life and kept the thickness of the phone to a minimum.

After receiving the battery from ebay member: mulkin, I had inspected the battery and confirmed that it was indeed the "official" extended battery for the GSM model.

I wasn't expecting the battery to come in a couple days since it was coming from South Korea, but it did take less than a week to get here to South California. Packaging was very nice and kept the battery and back cover well protected.

phph9kBn1AM.jpg

phpqTnt0MAM.jpg

The extended battery cover that was included with the extended battery still has the same texture as the original. The phone also feels better with the new battery cover. The slight thickness it adds still maintains the phones low profile. The only thing it loses is the slight curve of the original battery cover right above the rear speaker. NFC works perfectly and isn't affected at all, it also works well if your using the stock battery with the extended back cover.

phpZCdCu6AM.jpg

Overall, I am happy with the product. Battery life has definitely improved over the couple days I was using it. I am going to attach screenshots of the battery life I am getting, as well as pictures of the extended battery on the phone soon. If you have any questions, just leave a comment.
    Thanks.
    This just came in today. Just wanted to provide some additional pictures :)

Hope this helps people decide wether or not to buy it.

Pictures were taken with my phone of course.
    d03627e6-b7a3-57d3.jpg
    d03627e6-b7cf-c8d7.jpg

Now to find a white extended battery door.